[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

+
Hi greengirl, welcome back :wave:Ifayra is right, you find the unbeaten fistfight champ in the southern refugee camp. It's the same one where you find Ramerot. The champ is in the adjoining 2nd chamber. Maybe you saw him but didn't expect as a strong fistfigher... he looks different ;DI don't know whether you can return to the cemetery's swamp after you finished Azar and his Koshschey (the crab beast).For the Koshchey you should drink Willow (solves stun and knockdown) as well. You can coat your blade with Argentia oil and fire Igni (Incineration!) on it. Maybe you can do a somersault from to time to avoid an attack with it's pincers.btw. Here we have lots of hints & strategies against the KoshcheyGL :beer:

I used to just poison it with Yrden, but apparently it didn't work last playthrough (v1.5).My build was mainly based around signs, so I just used a lot of Igni and run tactics (as well as a patch of Yrden and Quen when I need to get out of a tough spot).Biggest threat I think is from bleeding .. so as long as you run as soon as you bleed (fully regenerate with swallow and fight again), you should be able to beat it eventually.

To put it simply:The Koshchey is beaten by a hash-slash-run basisHash= Aard/Igni .... Slash= Strong/Fast Silver..... Run= Moooove b4 you bleed.Also, the most useful potions are Swallow & tawny Owl, potions increasing strength also greatly help but that's your choice.Hope this helps. The other fighter problem is solved. :peace:

i think the running is only necessary with the FCR mod :D ... i just slash (strong style, good oil) and igni and he goes down pretty darned fast :peace:

gamewidow said:
i think the running is only necessary with the FCR mod :D ... i just slash (strong style, good oil) and igni and he goes down pretty darned fast :peace:
Right, but that's not the case for beginners. I once tested a friend as a beginner... It took him like 3 min to defeat the Koshchey on EASY... EASY I tell you...So, to be fair, we need to give a chance for everyone to be on the same level. :peace:

I for one have never played the game on easy or normal.I prefer to play games from the top down .. if I get pwned, I'll .. well .. just come up with cheesier tactics.

Tlazolteotl said:
.. if I get pwned, I'll .. well .. just come up with cheesier tactics.
Cheesier tactics :D ... yeah, like poison effect or incinerate effect. Sounds just like you.But, I like that you challenge yourself. Way to go... :peace:

Thanks everyone! All are great suggestions and I will inc them into my play. Petra thanks for the tips on cave/chamber, etc. I thought for some reasons Id meet up with the Champ in the Cemetary...I guess I got lazy and didnt think of those caves. I sometimes go about things backward and even backed in to the lab this way the first time I went in to a major fight! during Act 3, I believe but maybe 4 - thankfully I had a game save (i do them a lot - no autosave for me) and could go back and replay and fix what i had done backas*ward. :teeth: I'll get the fight the next time around if this is the case and most likely is. You recall the Werewolf and hatch door challenge, I missed the dialogue due to a family mbr talking and had to do that over again too. Dyslexic gaming? Its all a challenge and you learn from mistakes and even tho' it may be frustrating at the time, you laugh at yourself and start again. I have taken the Full Moon but will also inc Willow. Ive got some Diamond Dust but have a named silver sword from the Lady and dont know if I can apply any oils or the dust to it. (Thought I read that somewhere, maybe Game Widow?). I will try Aard more and reload to see if I can break out of the electric field Azar has set up so Im trapped with this phantom bug. Thanks again for all of your wonderful advice...always a pleasure to communicate w/everyone. I havent tried any of the side adventures yet. When I update to newest version of the game do they get inc or must I download separately. I think this was the case for this last upgrade. And what of the blood patch, no longer necessary now that the new version is uncensored? Looking forward to seeing and hearing all that North American version removed. (Im sure the young ones will get a real kick out of it).

I beat that spider easyer than all other monsters in game i had my Yrden sign maximized talents for, and beast died on that thing effectivly ;D on medium difficulty.

Triss01 said:
I beat that spider easyer than all other monsters in game i had my Yrden sign maximized talents for, and beast died on that thing effectivly ;D on medium difficulty.
Well Done! Now that you've succeeded, you've encouraged me to give it a try with Yrden... I haven't gone that route before. Thanks :peace:

Don't underestimate Yrden 8) On one gameplay I advanced it, but unluckily not far enough but it was sufficient to kill the creatures in Old Vizima who regale themselves on the corpses at Kalkstein's lab.I tried to use it on the Koshchey as well but *ahem* wasn't fast enough :whistle: Everytime Geralt wanted to prepare the trap the nasty crab attacked him

PetraSilie said:
I tried to use it on the Koshchey as well but *ahem* wasn't fast enough :whistle: Everytime Geralt wanted to prepare the trap the nasty crab attacked him
I used to use Yrden, or rather prepare, while Quen was active. But, later, I noticed it took too much energy and time. Might work on the Koshchey though, once or twice maybe.Still, I will not give up and still try it. I have a saved game where I maxed out on Signs, though I abandoned it in pursuit of leveling. Gotta get back to it, now motivated and all. :peace:

Quen and Yrden don't only take too much but time but energy in the first place because I surely want to roast the crab with Igni's incineration. And I don't want to use potions which push endurance (cos Geralt already takes enough other potions).

PetraSilie said:
....I surely want to roast the crab with Igni's incineration. And I don't want to use potions which push endurance (cos Geralt already takes enough other potions).
Now, who doesn't want to roast that crab?? That has to be one of the most fun boss fights ever. :peace:Oh, and about the potions: I think every member here has eventually gorged and drowned our hero with potions just to test his limits, so it's natural. :D

Strong silver + Argentia coating + 3moon Silver sword(if possible)Thunder Bolt(it will hit you anyway regardless how capable you dodge) + Willow + Full MoonResistance that helps: Pain, knockdown and stun

Bah ... tawny owl, petri's philter, maribor forest ... those are the most important prep for a mage.A koschey in pain and on fire can't catch you to hit you, so health is irrelevant.

Tlazolteotl said:
Bah ... tawny owl, petri's philter, maribor forest ... those are the most important prep for a mage.A koschey in pain and on fire can't catch you to hit you, so health is irrelevant.
Agreed. Tried and Trusted on Mod Insane.... I would suggest some creativity though, say KO'ing it with 1 blow?Seriously, I've only succeeded once doing it and my Aard was MAXED with Potions MAXED. 8)

Killing the Koschay is real, real easy. Run and stand behind the middle of the three coffins at the end of the room. The Monster will not be able to reach you for an attack. Then.... Hit it with fireballs until its nice and crispy...You wont even break into a sweat...lol!

DaveSullivan said:
Killing the Koschay is real, real easy. Run and stand behind the middle of the three coffins at the end of the room. The Monster will not be able to reach you for an attack. Then.... Hit it with fireballs until its nice and crispy...You wont even break into a sweat...lol!
I was hoping a cheap way was not found, aw well. Welcome Stranger...Mind if I point you to our Welcome Thread ? It's here you can introduce yourself and tell us all about you. :peace:

I realise this topic hasn't been replied to in quite some time, but thought I might post my strategy for taking down the Koschey. I played thorugh this game on hard my first time through, so I've never had to not use potions, and I've gotten quite good at their implementation. I took down the koschey without dying (though for a minute, I thought I was going to), and potions are really your best friend if you want to bring him down. I went through about 20-30 XD.To begin with, you should probably learn the effects of the secondary substances, and apply them accordingly. Also, when you get the chance, drop a gold talent into potion tolerance and a silver into altered metabolism...it's worth it. The potions I went into this fight with were:20x Swallow w/ rubedo20x White Honey20x White Rafford's Decoction w/ albedo20x Tawny Owl w/ albedo20x Willow w/ nigredo(As you can see, I stay stocked to the max on potions =D)I was level 37 when I tackled this monstrosity, but then I had done every quest in the game, neutral path.Also, wield moonblade and use diamond dust on it. Koschey is supposed to be resistant to most effects, so +140% damage is a great replacement for detrimental effects. Before going into this battle, down a swallow, tawny owl, and willow. I used strong style mostly, though I'm not sure if another style would work better. So go in and start swinging. When you're health runs low, blast him with Aard to knock him down and start running away while casting Quen on yourself. Take White Rafford's Decoction, then White Honey, then the other 3 potions you began with. Keep blasting him with the Aard and running when he gets close until you're able to drink all of the potions. Then go in for more sword swinging. Repeat until dead. Hope this helps your future playthroughs. =)

Top Bottom