"Action Blocked" when equipping specific weapons or armor

+
So I'm having an issue when equipping specific weapons and armor across multiple saves. The bug mainly affects "Iconic" weapons and armor such as Moron Labe, Breaktrhough, Ba Xing Chong, Yinglong, Plan B, and the Replica of Johnny Silverhand's Jacket. The bug happens across multiple save files, characters, even so much as game installations and verifying and repairing the game files; I am at a loss on what to do and was wondering if this has been reported with Version 1.5 or if there is a fix I have yet to find.

Have you screenshots ? Which actions ? Where ?
Just a guess :
Have you used mods before ?
If yes, maybe you can try to deleting you UserSettings.json. This file can be modified by mods and is not deleted/removed even if you unistall/reinstall the game.
C:\Users\YOU\Appdata\CDPR\CP77\Usersettings.json

Yes, I have used mods and uninstalled them to further troubleshoot this issue still with no results. I removed the Usersettings.json file and booted the game to make a fresh one in case that was the issue still with no results. I've taken screenshots of me trying to equip a few of the "broken" weapons to demonstrate the problem
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.02.25 - 16.35.52.42.png
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.02.25 - 16.35.59.05.png
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.02.25 - 16.36.03.57.png

Very strange, it's like if you are in a quest or a safe area :(
So it's the same wherever you are ? And only with some weapons, I suppose.

So yeah, very, very strange :(
At least, you can contact the support for help (you can include a save, it could be useful).
(I think it's the closest category).
Post automatically merged:

I wonder, if you drop a "bugged" weapon on the ground and click on the key to equip it (instead of pickup it), it work ?

Last edited:
A lot of weapons and gear got new "requirements", could it be you are not qualified for the weapon you are trying to use? Like many of the wall penetrator guns got a new body 10 requirement for example.

I decided to try dropping it and equipping it from the ground to find out that the game only gives me the option to "Take" the weapon and that "Take and Equip" is not even shown as an option.

I'm uploading a link to the save game if anyone would like to take a crack at finding a solution, its just inside the City Center apartment and I've got some of the bugged weapons in my inventory but there are more in the stash, thanks.

Looking at your screen shots, the only thing I can see that might be an issue is your street cred being at 46, but I really wouldn't think that would be an issue. Or as someone mentioned, not meeting a requirement such as body, but...it should say so in the weapon description and clearly you already have a sniper rifle equipped. I've never seen this before.

Odd, have you verified your game files? Just throwing it out there, one little 'bit' missing can really screw things up.

Or as someone mentioned, not meeting a requirement such as body, but...it should say so in the weapon description and clearly you already have a sniper rifle equipped. I've never seen this before.
Not tested with all weapons, but on the few I have tried, without the body requirement, you simply walk slowly (like overweight). And Ashura and Moron Lad don't have any body requirement :(
(weapons doesn't have any restrictions/limitations related to street cred).

I've tired repairing and verifying the game files even doing a fresh install and it still doesn't seem to work, even on other character saves. I might try to find a much older save and seeing if the bug persists.

EDIT: Found a much older (1.2 patch I think) save and it works on that save but for some reason it doesn't work on my current save.

Last edited:
You probably have fixed this issues ages ago, but if not... Try recrafting them. Had the same thing happen to me, Once I crafted another one, it worked fine, could even equip the original one that was giving me issues. Who knows why, but it worked for me.

Top Bottom