Actions mean more than words

+
We trusted that they would release a finished game. Their quote often repeated as "coming when it's ready" went way back to the first marketing material almost a decade ago. But that means nothing, if it releases in a unfinished State. All we can do now is wait. They need to regain our trust with their actions going forward, no going back.

1. Patch most major glitches/bugs/crashes/performance issues on consoles and PC
2. Overhaul and rebalance gameplay mechanics such as driving, crafting and economy systems.
3. Release high quality, polished DLC and expansions.
4. Learn from Cyberpunk release and release the multiplayer experience in a finished, playable state.

No studio is immune from making mistakes, but it's our expectation that they must make up for broken promises.

To be honest is the whole concept of a game and what they told that is not matching at all. Words are things. But when you are working on a product and claim things that are proved completely false in the final product. Well. That speaks a lot about the respect you have for the people that actually preordered the game ((Luckily i did not.))

The marketing was deliberately deiciving about this game like promising a full baked pie and reiceve just the cherry that is supposed to go on the top.

The game has issue not only technical one but has also a huge lack of content what is the point to have a super beautiful open world when you can't do a whole nothing that is not "Pew pew pew?"

Also: Is not a FPS Is not even a FPS with roleplay elements is an RPG first and foremost.((according with CDPR))

In the end is not even close to be qualified to be called Action RPG let alone RPG first and foremost. They changed the labeling on twitter from Roleplaying game to Action Adventure Story. When people went in the forum asking why they got reassured it was an RPG.

Well the game now is released and there is no excuse. Is not like they did something wrong or something went wrong. YOu don't put trailers showcasing things that are supposed to be in the game and they are not. Nor you do claiming when they are completely false.

That is my core problem with CYberpunk 2077 and the current CDPR. Sadly this problem plague a lot of AAA industries. Mainly EA,Ubisoft,Bethesda. However i was not for sure expecting to see the day CDPR did the same.

Truly Sad times.

Performance/bugs/crashes, etc can generally be fixed up with patches, but core components like the horrid AI (driving/lack of driving, those walking around the city, and especially the cops) is going to be a very tall order. We can hope, and I can't speak as a developer, but it seems like it would require some major and extensive overhauls, if their engine is even capable of it to begin with. The degree in which you see AI in other games (GTA, RDR2, Watch_Dogs, Saints Row, etc) just may not be a reality for this game.

Well the game now is released and there is no excuse. Is not like they did something wrong or something went wrong. YOu don't put trailers showcasing things that are supposed to be in the game and they are not. Nor you do claiming when they are completely false.

This, seriously. The gameplay trailer released last month hinted at ways of spending money in activities, and showed the montage with you dancing with Jackie, drinking etc...

There's actually nothing of that in the game. Even drinking is done through menu. There's nothing in bars, they are just bogstandard shops

Not exactly appropriate but I have insomnia and haven't slept in quite a while so I don't care lol. You get the idea.

More than words.

As long as CDPR has the last gen base consoles wrapped around their ankles things like improved AI or gameplay mechanic overhauls are never going to happen. Even last gen pro models are bit of a stretch for any meaningful overhaul.

Base PS4 has a 1.6ghz CPU on a 28nm process, 800Mhz Radeon GPU, 8gb of RAM and a regular HDD. Just think about that for a second.

This game will never run smooth on last gen base consoles no matter how much time, money or resources CDPR throws at them, that is a simple fact. Every resource used by CDPR in a vain attempt to change this fact is a resource wasted from other platforms that actually have a realistic chance to benefit from their efforts.

The quicker CDPR rips out the bandaid the quicker we start getting actual updates in this game. Rockstar Games dropped their support for PS3 and X360 versions of GTAV immediately upon releasing their PS4 and XBONE versions for this very reason too.

Remember when games were shipped with very little to no bugs? Those were the days man.

I mean seriously, the game was in development for close to 8 years. The first announcement teaser trailer was in January 2013, a month before Sony hinted their next console the PS4. The original release date was suppose to be April of 2020, but then got delayed to September, then November, then finally December. And yet, this is what the PS4 and Xbox One got.

How does a studio develop a game close to eight years and it turns out like this on eight gen consoles? Remember, it was suppose to originally release on ps4 and Xbox one. I just don't get it.

Keive

Forum regular
No one should be blaming PS4 and Xbox One, I don't even call them last gen, the PS5 and Xbox Series X JUST came out! The game was announced so long ago and was meant for PS4 and Xbox One, so no blaming for the consoles should be here, it should be at the people who made this.

It's like baking a cake and it comes out wrong so you blame the oven, even though you didn't put flour, sugar, or eggs in the damn batter.

Remember when games were shipped with very little to no bugs? Those were the days man.

I mean seriously, the game was in development for close to 8 years. The first announcement teaser trailer was in January 2013, a month before Sony hinted their next console the PS4. The original release date was suppose to be April of 2020, but then got delayed to September, then November, then finally December. And yet, this is what the PS4 and Xbox One got.

How does a studio develop a game close to eight years and it turns out like this on eight gen consoles? Remember, it was suppose to originally release on ps4 and Xbox one. I just don't get it.
Yeah, I do remember the 90s

We trusted that they would release a finished game. Their quote often repeated as "coming when it's ready" went way back to the first marketing material almost a decade ago. But that means nothing, if it releases in a unfinished State. All we can do now is wait. They need to regain our trust with their actions going forward, no going back.

1. Patch most major glitches/bugs/crashes/performance issues on consoles and PC
2. Overhaul and rebalance gameplay mechanics such as driving, crafting and economy systems.
3. Release high quality, polished DLC and expansions.
4. Learn from Cyberpunk release and release the multiplayer experience in a finished, playable state.

No studio is immune from making mistakes, but it's our expectation that they must make up for broken promises.
I agree with all of this, while I enjoy the story and the characters a ton, and the city is gorgeous, the game is clearly unfinished. I want them to pull off a Final Fantasy 14 or No Man's Sky, send a clear message to the fans that they will fix the game and then through patches, free DLC and later on expansions, create the game it always was supposed to be...

I realize it most feel pretty crushing to the developers who crunched on this game and worked their asses off for 8 years to see all this negative response to their game on the forums. If any of them ever reads this I want to commend you for the work you've done. The passion and love for the project really shines through in the story, the characters and of course the main character in the game: Night City. I have never seen a more gorgeous world in a game, ever. The detail in every building and corner of the city is amazing.

All I want is to get lost in Night City, its just a shame the game won't let me.

The game is fun and I love the story and the choice, but...

I think they should
1) Mark this as an "early access / under development" game like many others on steam.
2) Fire their tester and hire me. At the first hour, once after the "After half year" animation, when I arrive home, i found that
- i scan the gate outside my room, its highlight keep pop in there and block my view after i enter my room..
- i have no hair when watching to the mirror!
Hey, if there has any tester for this game, they SHOULD report this at the first hour.
After two days I found about 30 bugs, items floating in air, items cannot pick up, car stuck in the road,
cloth missing its look at all, cloth which texture is wrong at the back,
voice of NPC suddenly lost and not came back until load a save,
HP display become 0/0 but I still alive and enemy all stop (maybe because i am applying a heal when they shoot me die),
voice is overlapping if answer a phone call during talking to others, etc...

Guest 3573786

Agreed on everything OP, except mp. This game needs multiplayer like a fish needs a bicycle. I really wish they'd put the money and time they indend to invest there into making the base game the way it's supposed to be.

I mean seriously, the game was in development for close to 8 years.
Anthem was "in development" for 7 years, only for it to turn out Bioware properly started working on it a year and a half before release. Not saying that's what happened here... but something did.

No?

I have been playing PC Rpgs since the early 1990s and if there is one thing that is and continues to be a constant in the genre is that they are buggy, ALWAYS. There is a lot of systems interacting and that means weird stuff is going to happen. Witcher 1 was a mess, Witcher 2 was better but still a bit jank at launch, and let us not forget the memes that were Witcher 3 and all of its bugs at launch. No Elder Scrolls game has ever launched in a non buggy state. Every infinity engine game needed some patching early on, Fallout 1 was damn near unplayable at launch, Fallout New Vegas took a week for me to even get running on my PC at the time due to a crippling memory leak.

So no, I do not remember a time when games of this type had little to no bugs. That time never existed.

As long as CDPR has the last gen base consoles wrapped around their ankles things like improved AI or gameplay mechanic overhauls are never going to happen. Even last gen pro models are bit of a stretch for any meaningful overhaul.

Base PS4 has a 1.6ghz CPU on a 28nm process, 800Mhz Radeon GPU, 8gb of RAM and a regular HDD. Just think about that for a second.

This game will never run smooth on last gen base consoles no matter how much time, money or resources CDPR throws at them, that is a simple fact. Every resource used by CDPR in a vain attempt to change this fact is a resource wasted from other platforms that actually have a realistic chance to benefit from their efforts.

The quicker CDPR rips out the bandaid the quicker we start getting actual updates in this game. Rockstar Games dropped their support for PS3 and X360 versions of GTAV immediately upon releasing their PS4 and XBONE versions for this very reason too.

I keep seeing nonsensical excuses like this. The Xbox one and PS4 didn't suddenly lose any capabilities when newer hardware launched and all of the supposed complexity of the game that is being used as an excuse for the poor state of the graphics never actually made it into the finished game. This game falls on the poorer end of the standard open world game spectrum with various mechanics that are extremely limited and poorly implemented. Both the PS4 and Xbox one are capable of so much more and I have seen the games that prove it, so it is no excuse. As a side note, the fact that an adult has at some point had enough money to, and has then bought a top line gaming PC is not an achievement and does not make up for a lack of personality (unless they hand fabricated the machine from scratch themselves). The game was advertised and sold for Xbox One and PS4. It is substandard on both platforms.

I keep seeing nonsensical excuses like this. The Xbox one and PS4 didn't suddenly lose any capabilities when newer hardware launched and all of the supposed complexity of the game that is being used as an excuse for the poor state of the graphics never actually made it into the finished game.

Xbox one and PS4 are effectively decade old tech at this point. Their capabilities can't even hold up to their respective pro models, and one of the biggest issue is their lack of a SSD.

"Poor state of the graphics" have you actually seen this game run on ultra settings with your own eyes? Sure there are multiple bugs like t-posing and the driving AI is non existent but graphically it is far cry from the trainwreck that is the base console build.

This game falls on the poorer end of the standard open world game spectrum with various mechanics that are extremely limited and poorly implemented.

No arguments there, but I must point out that either you or me will never know how much they had to cut in order to make the game run on all the different hardware variations this game launched on.

Both the PS4 and Xbox one are capable of so much more and I have seen the games that prove it, so it is no excuse.

It is no excuse indeed, but if you boot up RDR2 or even Ghost of Tsushima on a base PS4 right now they do not run very smoothly either.

As a side note, the fact that an adult has at some point had enough money to, and has then bought a top line gaming PC is not an achievement and does not make up for a lack of personality (unless they hand fabricated the machine from scratch themselves).

Umm, sure buddy? Don't really know where this anecdote came from or what you want to say to me with it but whatever you say :D

The game was advertised and sold for Xbox One and PS4. It is substandard on both platforms.

This is something we both agree on.

Wish it wasn't, but it seems to be becoming par for the course from big companies as of late, releasing unfinished bugged to hell games.

Lets hope this game gets the No Mans Sky treatment at least.

"Poor state of the graphics" have you actually seen this game run on ultra settings with your own eyes? Sure there are multiple bugs like t-posing and the driving AI is non existent but graphically it is far cry from the trainwreck that is the base console build.

I was referring, quite obviously, to the state of the graphics on console. On the one hand, PC players are saying the sheer complexity of the game world means that for it to work on Xbox one and PS4, it has to have a massive graphical downgrade, yet the game world is no more complex in most regards and inferior to some to other games that run fine on my Xbox and don't have a graphical quality that looks like a poor Xbox 360 title in places.

I was referring, quite obviously, to the state of the graphics on console. On the one hand, PC players are saying the sheer complexity of the game world means that for it to work on Xbox one and PS4, it has to have a massive graphical downgrade, yet the game world is no more complex in most regards and inferior to some to other games that run fine on my Xbox and don't have a graphical quality that looks like a poor Xbox 360 title in places.

Could you possibly list some of these games?

PC players are saying the sheer complexity of the game world means that for it to work on Xbox one and PS4, it has to have a massive graphical downgrade.

This has been literally the case for every single console generation. If you have a multiplatform release it will obviously run smoother on a platform that has more computing power, given the developers dont screw up the porting process :D

I don't understand why developers, especially big well known ones, love to release trailers and what not so early.

Why not wait until the game is in 100% feature freeze and near ready to launch than start putting out marketing material? Then you will have marketing material that accurately reflects what the players will get and you can properly set expectations.

Could you possibly list some of these games?
Spiderman on PS.

Top Bottom