Activated Skills Tree

+
Hi people, then is true while you go development the character , geralt has/got or do new animations ?? I wonder , where are the 96 animations for the combat????? I am 15 level.

Thank you

Mutagens and sign intensity question

I have blue mutagens slotted on both sides, a greater on the left and a regular one on the right, and they each show a total sign intensity at the bottom. My question is, is that sign intensity only for the signs slotted with the mutagens, or for all signs in general (all of my slotted ones are blue, btw)? Also, I guess the ones slotted with the greater mutagen are getting more boost than the ones slotted with the regular mutagen, right? Or is it just the total, period?

I actually like it more than I thought.
I mean basically Geralt is already on a certain level of his signs and sword skills.
Don't like that the damage dealt is so reliant on my weapon damage, but aside from that the skills are okay.

You got a good amount of slots and can stack up quite some nice stuff, switching skills works nicely and I have a dedicated spot for most.
I just wish the "general" tree would have a different category, something like 1 or 2 slots extra, since it doesn't fit in obviously and robs you of the big boni.
On the other hand the "general" skills are pretty powerful in comparison to the rest.

I have blue mutagens slotted on both sides, a greater on the left and a regular one on the right, and they each show a total sign intensity at the bottom. My question is, is that sign intensity only for the signs slotted with the mutagens, or for all signs in general (all of my slotted ones are blue, btw)? Also, I guess the ones slotted with the greater mutagen are getting more boost than the ones slotted with the regular mutagen, right? Or is it just the total, period?

It's a bonus to all signs. Just like the vitality bonus from green mutagens is a bonus to the total vitality.

Also, if your thread's been merged - generally not a good idea to repost it :)

It's a bonus to all signs. Just like the vitality bonus from green mutagens is a bonus to the total vitality.

Also, if your thread's been merged - generally not a good idea to repost it :)

Ok well, I went to the post it was merged in to and couldn't make sense of all the other seemingly unrelated information. Maybe it was somewhat related, but it contained TONS of other information that did not answer the question. And that still does not answer the second part of my question...

Last edited:
Hi people, then is true while you go development the character , geralt has/got or do new animations ?? I wonder , where are the 96 animations for the combat????? I am 15 level.

Thank you
Please anyone can answer me, and I dont say anything about the skill tree abilities for unlock , just geralt make more animations for the combat while I am improving to the character, like Damien monnier said.

Repeat , I don't talk about special attacks from the swordmaster tree.

Last edited:
Crippling Strikes - Bleed Effect?

[h=3]Crippling Strikes - Fast attacks now also apply a Bleeding effect. Affected enemies lose 125 Vitality or Essence points per second. Duration: 5 seconds.[/h]

Since the abilities in this game have a lot of incorrect descriptions and some don't even work, I wanted to know the following:
1. Is this bleed effect a 100% chance? So every strike causes enemies to bleed?
2. Is the damage actually 125 per second? Coz bleed effect is usually based on HP.
3. Can you use the normal bleed effect along with this one, the one that is based on enemy HP?

Please only answer if you've actually used this ability and know from first hand experience.

Crippling strikes applies on every hit and yes its only 125 per second bleed. Normal bleed doesnt stack.

My doubts about the skill tree in swordmaster and progression from geralt
Hi people, then is true while you go development the character , geralt has/got or do new animations ?? I wonder , where are the 96 animations for the combat?? I am 15 level.
Please anyone can answer me, and I dont say anything about the skill tree abilities for unlock , just geralt make more animations for the combat while I am improving to the character, like Damien monnier said.

Repeat , I don't talk about special attacks from the swordmaster tree.

Alchemy skill tree problems!!

hi guys!!

i have some doubts about the alchemy skill tree so:

1) it is worth to spend 3 points in "acquired tolerance"? with 100+ recipes i have 230 tolerance now so i can have perma-up atleast 3 decoctions!! this seems wonderful but is pretty annoying to refresh them and most important my tolorence is so high that i need them up to exced the safe treshold...what you think?

2) it seems that the "endure pain" is not working for me...i drink 3 decoctions and a normal potions (so i am over the safety treshold) but my hp showed in the inventory doesn't changed a bit...for example i have 6.6k hp normal, with 3 decoctions and "tissue trasformations" i take another 3k so 9.6k..now if i take another 50% from the talents i have to go to 14k atleast...no change anyway...

The thing with Whirl is that you shouldn't use it too often or too much.

In the general run of things, only use it with stamina, and allow your Adrenaline to build up to three. This gives a helpful +30% of your weapon base damage, gives a potential to use a really long burst of whirl to "finish" a fight in-extremis, to get the benefit of Undying, murderous precision or various other late game skills.

Then dodge or roll away, repostion and repeat. You don't need a *full* stamina bar to use it, just some stamina... You get the really high strike rate, which is great for simultaneous bleed/poison/stun effects, or for making the most of murderous precision for rapid 'thinning'.

While enemy attacks *can* be blocked if you hit the attacker in mid flight, it is also possible to be hit if the sword is elsewhere when they land. For this reason I usually treat a whirl as a 'single attack with 2-3 blows' then dodge away rather than killing outright in a single flurry of blows.

I had a really fun time with modest use of whirl, with Fleet Footed, Razor Focus, Deadly Precision (bleed) and Murderous Precision (instant kill). This works, against unarmoured mobs even when equipped solely with a rusty steel sword. (Drowners don't bleed so you actually need to hit and dodge, but nekkers and Water Hags/Foglets and Endregas do... and can be safely taken with a basic low level sword with mostly single hit kills (albeit belated).

I never really tried the Strong attack tree. It *should* be a lot stronger than Fast, but with what look like less useful special attacks, as it has nearly double the initial damage and the same damage growth, plus bypasses armour (completely, which seems a bit excessive, and makes REND a bit redundent).

I never really tried the Strong attack tree. It *should* be a lot stronger than Fast, but with what look like less useful special attacks, as it has nearly double the initial damage and the same damage growth, plus bypasses armour (completely, which seems a bit excessive, and makes REND a bit redundent).
I was wondering if that ignore defense thingy meant armor or block. I don't recall seeing someone blocking Rend, but I know people can dodge it (and you get the Adrenaline Point back, if you whiff, unless you whiff on a Wraith teleporting.

I was slightly disapointed at Rend, but still found it fun, because of how you need to set it up. It's a little underwhelming, because its damage really isn't all that big. I didn't get the bypass armor skill, though. So, even if bypass defense means armor, my Rend wasn't so redundant. I didn't actually "finish" my intended build, because overleveling bored me to death and I decided to start another playthrough, instead.

It's cool to see that most people seem to prefer fast attacks, while I strongly prefered strong ones (no pun intended). After reading some stuff I wouldn't clame strong ones are better, but I really liked them, in part because they look better - comboing fast attack can look very awkward, when Geralt keeps repeating that inward spin.

Combat system answers?

As I become more and more familiar with all the nuances of the combat system which to me, becomes more enjoyable as I increase my own skill. There are subtleties centered around balance and planning that make many of the kills and dismemberment especially rewarding. Ironically, these small details seem more prevalent and useful against human opponents as opposed to monsters which I might add, is much more "real world" accurate becomes allegedly, humans are much more intelligent..

Anyway......

I am writing to find out, if I improve a skill and unlock new tiers, are all the skills and perks from the first tier automatically combined into the second tier skill? Igni is probably the best example. The first five ability points go toward "Melt Armor". The second tier is "Fire Stream". Do I have to have both tier 1 and tier 2 equipped in my tree to get the benefits of each or, are all the benefits of tier 1 included in tier 2 along with its corresponding upgrades?? Or, am I trading one for another?

It seems obvious that every aspect of tier 1, plus your new tier 2 skills should be combined into the most advanced ability, allowing you to only have to equip that most advanced tier into your skill tree...

Dying to get a definitive answer... Nobody seems to know beyond the shadow of a doubt..

Thanks very much...!!

Top Bottom