Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally did like some parts of the game, but then there were the parts where I got so depressed that I had to take multiple prolonged breaks from the game to recover.
And every time I took a break from the game it was harder to return to the game (because more and more problems became apparent and not the bugs).
So in the end I personally did not enjoy the ride!
Well, then this game is not fit for you :(

I stayed away from spoilers, trailers and announcements. Sure, I could not avoid some like the Mantis Blade trailer or the 'you are breathtaking' event but everything else was off my radar. So I consider myself lucky given the forced 'blindness' approach I employed.

My journey to click play and enter night city had a few stops along the way. I started my first full TW3 gameplay in May 2020. I finished the game in June and then decided to play another RPG. Went to Dragon Age : Origins (5th time) until Horizon Came out for PC (never played this). At the end of September I started Nier: Automata. This wasn't my normal experience and I loved it. By November I was debating on starting a new game so I started Tomb Raider. Spent a few hours given than Nier is a hard act to follow I gave up.

The magic day arrived and I pre-loaded Cyberpunk 2077. Remember, I had Witcher 3 expectations and that was it. The first nag I had was the AVX issue. My Xeon 5650x Kept crashing in the Corpo office. So I ran it on my Razer Blade 2019 Advanced and 125 hours later the game crashed once. Visual bugs that weren't there in early patches started to show up later. They were funny but not game breaking.

I pre-ordered on GoG to make sure CDPR gets all the funding. All my friends got the steam version. Because I support devs who work hard I even purchased a CE on Amazon. I waited 18 months for this to be delivered. So I have multiple copies of the game and I feel the same disappointment I had with Andromeda.

CP2077 lacks substance and depth in most areas. The game does not have too many memorable moments outside of the main quest and it often feels that things were pasted together without communication. Some of the reactions you get from NPCs does not match the interaction you had a long the way. I played female corpo and in the suicide ending, Panam's message was meant for Vincent and not Valerie. It was completely disconnected from how I played the game. Judy on the other was perfect in all endings given that I played a female.

The go here kill these get backpack for 20 hours was not entertaining. I enjoyed the game even though the devs could not make up their mind if this is V's story of Johnny's. The game's shortcomings are a direct result of a bigger issue. I hope they manage to fix the game somehow but it seems that by the time they do, Horizon Forbidden West will be the new kid on the block. Quite ironic to see CDPR being slapped by other Devs when they are usually the ones doing the slapping.
I got into Horizon late into the generation despite having it for years but when I finally did I sunk so many hours into it. That game is so addictive and well-done. I feel the same about how repetitive and monotonous most of the gigs became because very few helped to bring the world to life unlike the major sidequests. The Cyberpsycho elements touch on this key theme constantly foreshadowed but just abandon it eventually with little payoff.

Well, then this game is not fit for you :(
Yea, it's definitely not for me.

Coming from a player who went on an investigations on Salamandra, and uncovering case of Raymond the detectives death and much more, and trying to change the outcome of a rebellion by siding with Yaevinn and "Collecting Cards" and understanding the Grandmasters scheme but still wants to do what is right, in Witcher 1.

Coming from a player who was accused of killing a king, but then went on to embark on a journey with Blue stripes and later with Scoia'tael, to find the culprit, to only see an elaborate scheme of Lodge of Sorceresses unfold, in Witcher 2.

Coming from a player who actually didn't like the main story but loved the world and the two expansions of Witcher 3.

And enjoyed each playthrough of The Witcher series, even with underwhelming gameplay mechanics, (mainly combat) are not that impressive, but how you'r choices really matters impressed me the most and how it is shaping the world, mainly in Witcher 1 (Love that game). Mind you, this is not just 1 or 2 entire playthrough I'm talking about, it is more than 5 for sure with. and I don't replay games to make numbers, but only if there is substance I like.

In CP2077 however, Playing on PC with all the Graphical fidelity you can achieve currently, I don't think I'm gonna sit and play the entirety of the game second time. If I want to see different ending I can just use a save file just before it (have 100 hrs of gameplay).

The only thing I liked about the CP2077 was the Aesthetic of the Nightcity , the Music and I did liked the story and writing too like in a sort of movie kind of way or something, mainly the message of it I think. But you as a player are not involved in any kind of world building and everything is very scripted I felt.
Every other CP2077 (played in hard) game mechanics is trash or mediocre, like the horrible looting system, the bullet sponges, horrible melee combat horrible leveling system which just need to go from modern games imo. You need to make audience understand why the enemy is eating bullets, either by putting some armor in there head, or some fancy headshot deflector tech. It feels very lazy and with lack of enemy variety I don't think of going another round.

So as a guy who loved the games from the early days of CDPR, I personally felt very disappointed in the game and came to an understanding that CDPR is not making the games of my liking and this must be the last game I guess I buy from them (Don't want to seem too dramatic ), and not even interested in DLC or expansions I guess.

Well, to me CP2077 also feels like an unfinished game. Sure, some aspects are great, no doubt about it. But others just aren't. Everything concerning water for example. As already was stated, the depiction of water in this game is just really not state of the art anymore. Even Half Life from 1998 had at least splash sprites, even when the water was just a flat surface. And it's not like CDPR couldn't do water right, I mean look at the water in TW3 which was greatly done. So one has to come to the conclusion, that what we have here can at best just be place holder.

Also, there is no real gameplay involving water. We have a perk that gives us invisibility when in water and we have a consumable that gives us breath for 5 minutes when diving, but neither are utilised in any meaningful way.

i think it went something like this:
The game was developed in parts. Every team had some features that they worked on, which is a completely normal and sensible way to work on such a project, as far as I can tell. During the production features were started, then priorities changed, some features were discontinued while others were put in. As I said, standard procedure. But somewhere something went wrong in coordinating the project and when deadline day came, they had to go with what they had. So they had to crunch hard to take the individual pieces that were in individual states of completion and somehow bundle them together. What was not ready was replaced by placeholders at the lowest common denominator in terms of effort and effect.
That's why we have water like this or police just spawning in or the quasi non-existent AI of cars and pedestrians or a story that feels like it doesn't really know what exactly it wants to tell us.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun and impressive in the parts that are really completed, but outside those areas it just really shows the duct tape with which everything is held together.
I honestly believe that CDPR really wanted to sell us the game they advertised all the time, but they just couldn't.

In current form, even high-end PC rig version - it's just two years until it will crushed into the ground by R* with GTAVI, Bethesda with TESVI, Sony/Guerrilla with Horizon Forbidden West.

And The Witcher 3 will be still holding ground on it's own.

According to Adam, this game looks and plays better than the demo ever was.
- Absolutely not. Graphically the game may look better, but i dont think i can agree on how it plays. Now i didnt play the demo, but seeing how i cant do things in the final game, which one was able to do in the demo makes the final game not any better, but lets move on.

Another thing he answered was the "Missing Features." He said that its part of the creation process to cut content. Also he added that there are car ambushes or chases (yeah.. right.)
- Now i do agree that some features get cut out of the game, but lets be honest here.. There are NO FEATURES AT ALL IN THIS GAME. I could list you more features of a game released in 2005 than in this game. What even can i do in this game.. How do you expect me to interact with the world, outside of your scripted missions.
This is unacceptable in my point of view.

Now he tries to justify the game, by saying that game was rated 9/10 or 10/10 by "Renown gaming outlets."
- Okay, so you want to tell me, that IGN is a trustworthy website? They would rate anything 10/10 if you pay them well enough.. Like.. PLEASE...! IGN even dares to say that this game is still a RPG, so why is CDPR not doing the same? You sell it as Action Adventure, but IGN sells it as RPG. Weird.

You already agree the game looks better and admit that you did not play the demo so I am not sure how you can critique that. You go on to say you can do things in the demo that you cannot do in game, but do not list any of them. I also think this should be lumped into your second comment as it seems to fit better there.

Missing features again you agree that features get cut, but again it would really help if you could be specific on exactly which features you are referring to here otherwise this just comes off sounding like more hyperbole. You ask for folks to "be honest here" and then make a claim that there are no features at all in the game. It is hard to say if you really think that is the truth, or perhaps you should define specifically what you mean by a feature.

Game journalists, I think most folks know that we can no longer trust most of these. Even so, I agree the game is not a 10/10 or even a 9/10 and I pretty much agree with you here 100% in this section. Except the bit about IGN selling the game. Does IGN sell games?

Cheers Chooms.

Journalists and youtubers are people with shortest memory... This is what was published when that demo came out in 2018...

Did any of them even slightly mention this recently when they all jumped on hatred bandwagon about "fake demo"?? NOPE..

Attachments

• Er-treKXUAIVDAu.png
    Er-treKXUAIVDAu.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 75
Journalists and youtubers are people with shortest memory... This is what was published when that demo came out in 2018...

Did any of them even slightly mention this recently when they all jumped on hatred bandwagon about "fake demo"?? NOPE..
Except if you believe Jason's article, the game didn't even look like that back then as the demo was crafted specifciall to show off non existant features.

Though I agree. The media is just as faulty at this mess as the company itself. I really hope we are going to go back to the era where demos were just a limited access to the already finished parts of the game.

Yea, it's definitely not for me.

Coming from a player who went on an investigations on Salamandra, and uncovering case of Raymond the detectives death and much more, and trying to change the outcome of a rebellion by siding with Yaevinn and "Collecting Cards" and understanding the Grandmasters scheme but still wants to do what is right, in Witcher 1.

Coming from a player who was accused of killing a king, but then went on to embark on a journey with Blue stripes and later with Scoia'tael, to find the culprit, to only see an elaborate scheme of Lodge of Sorceresses unfold, in Witcher 2.

Coming from a player who actually didn't like the main story but loved the world and the two expansions of Witcher 3.

And enjoyed each playthrough of The Witcher series, even with underwhelming gameplay mechanics, (mainly combat) are not that impressive, but how you'r choices really matters impressed me the most and how it is shaping the world, mainly in Witcher 1 (Love that game). Mind you, this is not just 1 or 2 entire playthrough I'm talking about, it is more than 5 for sure with. and I don't replay games to make numbers, but only if there is substance I like.

In CP2077 however, Playing on PC with all the Graphical fidelity you can achieve currently, I don't think I'm gonna sit and play the entirety of the game second time. If I want to see different ending I can just use a save file just before it (have 100 hrs of gameplay).

The only thing I liked about the CP2077 was the Aesthetic of the Nightcity , the Music and I did liked the story and writing too like in a sort of movie kind of way or something, mainly the message of it I think. But you as a player are not involved in any kind of world building and everything is very scripted I felt.
Every other CP2077 (played in hard) game mechanics is trash or mediocre, like the horrible looting system, the bullet sponges, horrible melee combat horrible leveling system which just need to go from modern games imo. You need to make audience understand why the enemy is eating bullets, either by putting some armor in there head, or some fancy headshot deflector tech. It feels very lazy and with lack of enemy variety I don't think of going another round.

So as a guy who loved the games from the early days of CDPR, I personally felt very disappointed in the game and came to an understanding that CDPR is not making the games of my liking and this must be the last game I guess I buy from them (Don't want to seem too dramatic ), and not even interested in DLC or expansions I guess.
Nice tirade, but I don't really have a clue why you are addressing this to me. The conversation was about this guy who said he was depressed by the happenings in the game. If you get depressed by a game, then it's not for you, you should not play it. That's all.

Yeah, sure. And what about that part in orange ?
That wasn't any recording from the game in development. That demo was made purely for E3, that's why so many things from the demo are missing - they never been developed for the actual game.

Attachments

• Er-treKXUAIVDAu.png
    Er-treKXUAIVDAu.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 51
Nice tirade, but I don't really have a clue why you are addressing this to me. The conversation was about this guy who said he was depressed by the happenings in the game. If you get depressed by a game, then it's not for you, you should not play it. That's all.
Would have been nice to know that before people spent money on it and their time.

Yeah, sure. And what about that part in orange ?
That wasn't any recording from the game in development. That demo was made purely for E3, that's why so many things from the demo are missing - they never been developed for the actual game.
If you can't see the parallels between the E3 demo and the final product (just look at assets), then you are wearing sunglasses in a pitch black room or never played the game.

If you can't see the parallels between the E3 demo and the final product (just look at assets), then you are wearing sunglasses in a pitch black room or never played the game.
The parallel is the carbon copy of the scripted parts of the demo. The mechanics and systems that were lead to believed to be dynamic and consistant in the game are nowhere to be found.

If you need 100+ hours of playtime to assess whether it's fit for you or not then you liked the game. End of story.
Not sure where you got the 100+ hours from. But I can assure you 2 hours like most refund limits, isn't enough to see all the faults of the game.

Edit: But even that, I wasn't even talkin about determining if the game is for you or not after the fact you bought it. It would have been nice to advertise the game as it is so ppl wouldn't think that the game is something they would enjoy.

Except if you believe Jason's article, the game didn't even look like that back then as the demo was crafted specifciall to show off non existant features.

Though I agree. The media is just as faulty at this mess as the company itself. I really hope we are going to go back to the era where demos were just a limited access to the already finished parts of the game.
It's not like CDPR was saying and showing for 2 years what will be in the game, only later says in one tweet that this wont happen, tweet that was buried deep under all the PR avalanche of whats more in the game.

Sorry, but media and fans didn't create the hype - CDPR did. People were going for gameplays demos and interviews, not for cross checking everything few days before release.
And giving the watermark? Sure, but then in gameplay demo it is said not once that this is just a glimpse, as a small part of what has this game to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom