Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
both content creators and journalists collectively dropped the ball with Cyberpunk. First they hyped every little detail for clicks (don't misunderstand, CDPR PR helped them with it by contantly promising this would be the second coming of Christ). Then they pubslihed Pc reviews after rushing through the game in a few days without adressing any of the problems. Then they complained for 2 weeks soleley about the technical issues without adressing all the others things wrong with the game at all even though at this time, players already started relaizing what a halfbaked product it really is. Now they are only doing news articles without presenting their own opinions, because hen they would have to admit that maye their initial reviews were a tiny bit rushed and dishonest. Only now, very slowly some high profile conetne cretors like Cohh are actually starting to make some critical videos.

both content creators and journalists collectively dropped the ball with Cyberpunk. First they hyped every little detail for clicks (don't misunderstand, CDPR PR helped them with it by contantly promising this would be the second coming of Christ). Then they pubslihed Pc reviews after rushing through the game in a few days without adressing any of the problems. Then they complained for 2 weeks soleley about the technical issues without adressing all the others things wrong with the game at all even though at this time, players already started relaizing what a halfbaked product it really is. Now they are only doing news articles without presenting their own opinions, because hen they would have to admit that maye their initial reviews were a tiny bit rushed and dishonest. Only now, very slowly some high profile conetne cretors like Cohh are actually starting to make some critical videos.
It's like the quote goes:
if you are not paying for the product you are the product

and this stays true with all "free access" sites and influencers/content creators from YT.
On the other hand there was hypetrain, CDPR approved footage and so on. This was a recipe for disaster.
Tho it needs to be said that unlike in the question egg or chicken - here it's rather clear who started this downward spiral and made it going, even was exploiting this flawed system.

This is what is worst in all of this.

Everyone knows that games change in the development phase. You test a lot, try a few things and see what fits into the game.
Let's take the 48min video now.
Removed TPP Cutscene because it doesn't fit.
Removed breakable walls because it doesn't fit.
Removed nudity in the game as it doesn't fit.
Removed unique kill animation as it doesn't fit.
Talking billboards that lead you to the corresponding vending machine removed because it doesn't fit.
and so on ...
I could still accept all of this if there was something new for it.
But where are the new or better things? they just don't exist.
If you compare the 48 with the current game then there is nothing new .... only things that have been removed or are significantly worse than in the video (the purchase window at Victor).

CDPR has a long way to go to regain our trust.

Everyone knows that games change in the development phase. You test a lot, try a few things and see what fits into the game.
Let's take the 48min video now.
Removed TPP Cutscene because it doesn't fit.
Removed breakable walls because it doesn't fit.
Removed nudity in the game as it doesn't fit.
Removed unique kill animation as it doesn't fit.
Talking billboards that lead you to the corresponding vending machine removed because it doesn't fit.
and so on ...
I could still accept all of this if there was something new for it.
But where are the new or better things? they just don't exist.
If you compare the 48 with the current game then there is nothing new .... only things that have been removed or are significantly worse than in the video (the purchase window at Victor).

CDPR has a long way to go to regain our trust.
Yeah. Compare marketing of RDR2 to CP77.

In a single trailer of RDR2 there was more substance than in all CP77 materials. There were examples of the things you could do in the game, examples of interactivity and mechanics in the game and I knew what to expect from the game thanks to that.

CDPR on the other hand was like: "this could be in the game but we dont know subject to change blah blah" ... or even worse: "this will be in the game" 6 months later: "nope this was cut, sorry" etc. ehhh

After CP77 marketing I dont know what to expect from CDPR. Even now after this disastrous release and roadmap and promises... I dont know what to expect...:(

Better not to expect anything, than be dissapointed again.

Journalists and youtubers are people with shortest memory... This is what was published when that demo came out in 2018...

Did any of them even slightly mention this recently when they all jumped on hatred bandwagon about "fake demo"?? NOPE..
That is because it's related visual elements, not gameplay mechanics and story structure. Might as well advertise an fps and sell a racing sim if that's how the disclaimer worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
While Mr. Schreier's journalism is at times heavily biased, I invite everyone who is interested in putting CP2077 promised features into context (and the actual state of the game) to watch Crowbcat's video. A sober, yet brutally honest list of what is wrong with CP2077 (EDIT: I'm not linking the video because it has been done already countless of times)
It does a good job showing desparity between what was advertised and what we ended up getting.
Post automatically merged:

Every time someone from CDPR leadership speaks they come across as very tone deaf and really distasteful, seems like they rather attack then admit failures. It makes the company look bad as a whole, they were better off sticking with the Yellow announcements.
That back and forth doesn't help anything. Only fuels more speculation.

Fairly low from Adam Badowski to hide behind the 9/10 and 10/10 given by journalists.
Remember that they're always more forgiving when it stands to bugs of the game they're testing because they're fully aware that they're testing a pre D-one patch version.

If they knew that most of the bugs they experienced would still be in the game after said patch, there's pretty good chance that the game would have received much worst ratings all around.

It's not like CDPR was saying and showing for 2 years what will be in the game, only later says in one tweet that this wont happen, tweet that was buried deep under all the PR avalanche of whats more in the game.

Sorry, but media and fans didn't create the hype - CDPR did. People were going for gameplays demos and interviews, not for cross checking everything few days before release.
And giving the watermark? Sure, but then in gameplay demo it is said not once that this is just a glimpse, as a small part of what has this game to offer.

"...but then in gameplay demo it is said not once that this is just a glimpse..."
Can you please elaborate on which gameplay demo you are referring to? Please and thank you.

Cheers Chooms.

some journalists claimed that their version pre day 0 patch was apparently less buggy than after the patch :shrug:

None of journalists actually did a bit of investigating before copying Shrier article.. if they did, they would found CDPR developers who expressed their opinion on topics in that article and refused certain allegations made in it.. and what youtubers did? ignored them, and just piled more and more hate over...

They better finish cyberpunk and bring back the cut content if they want us to buy DLC or even multiplayer because right now I aint going to buy anything from you CDPR..

Dont want to kill your illusions.. but DLCs they plan to release... those will be free... CDPR doesnt do payed DLCs... they do Expansions.. and those will just add additional content to the game - in Witcher 3 for example, Blood and Wine was bigger than some AAA games released that year... and i think its safe to assume that after this launch fiasco, Expansions for Cyberpunk would need to be quite epic...

Only way for them to rasecue this game and they regain our thrust is to make this game like we got it advertised all this time aspecialy that in 48min video.

You already agree the game looks better and admit that you did not play the demo so I am not sure how you can critique that. You go on to say you can do things in the demo that you cannot do in game, but do not list any of them. I also think this should be lumped into your second comment as it seems to fit better there.

Missing features again you agree that features get cut, but again it would really help if you could be specific on exactly which features you are referring to here otherwise this just comes off sounding like more hyperbole. You ask for folks to "be honest here" and then make a claim that there are no features at all in the game. It is hard to say if you really think that is the truth, or perhaps you should define specifically what you mean by a feature.

Game journalists, I think most folks know that we can no longer trust most of these. Even so, I agree the game is not a 10/10 or even a 9/10 and I pretty much agree with you here 100% in this section. Except the bit about IGN selling the game. Does IGN sell games?

Cheers Chooms.
I said, graphically the game MAY look better. The rest gets answered even by Angry Joe who played the demo himself and laughed about that comment of Adam.

Because i dont want to make a huge list with missing features that is already known in so many threads. (i can give you one small example now, the trainstation.)
It would be good, if people list how many features this game really has and even those features that are in the game sometimes seem so unfinished like the Police for example. That whole feature is dogs..

I didnt say IGN is selling games, i meant that IGN is rating the game 9/10 or 10/10 regardless of the game and its true state. These "Review" companies will never rate anything below that and IGN is helping to sell those games indirectly by doing so.

Cheers.

Honestly, the 2018 demo is being brought up quite a lot, but I don’t believe it would’ve been all that different from what we got.

It had a few features that got cut, some of which aren’t really all that spectacular anyway (wallrunning... bleh... interacting with advertisements to pinpoint sodamachines...), and some of which will in all likelihood be added in later (AI), but at the end of the day it’d had been just the same kind of looter shooter it is now.

I’m more interested in what the game was before 2016 before it got witcherified with megalomaniacle expectations.

we really need a thread or a link with all the missing or broken features and inconsistencies we can refer to, because it's getting tiring to repeat the same stuff ad nauseum over and over again because some people apparently are unwilling to jump five pages back and read a little bit. Even in this thread alone many people including me have been describing these missing or broken features several times.

If you like the game, great. I also loved many parts of it. But don't pretend it is a complete game or that they didn't promise more in their marketing materials than what we got. And by marketing materials, I don't just mean that one video. I mean all the videos, gameplay shows, interviews, trailers, NCWs, tweets etc we were bombarded with these last two years, right until launch.

Last edited:
Only way for them to rasecue this game and they regain our thrust is to make this game like we got it advertised all this time aspecialy that in 48min video.

that 48min video was just a demo, with a ton of Work in Progress stuff in it.. Its normal that Dev team removes certain parts that they find not fitting with the game anymore.. like for example monowire hacking (what's the point in it, if you can hack anything in your line of sight anyway) or gorilla arms door opening ( door over-power is based on strength attribute, so they most likely did not give attribute bonuses to cyberwear as its hard to quantify based on quality of cyberware - it can be /common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary/, so what bonus would you give to all these?? +1 to strength? so you would end up with 25 strength with gorilla arms and 20 strength attribute?? instead, they just made sure everything is consistent, and overpower value is 1-20 instead of 1-25 for overpower, but 1-20 for technical..)

Same thing applies to mantis blade wall climbing... it would complicate mission designs, because they would need to take wall climbing into assumption for every single one of them... usually every gig has multiple approaches available, and wall climbing would just create infinite ways how to do things, which is quite hard to troubleshoot in terms of bugs...

There is a good reason why certain stuff was cut from game... and in that demo they specifically said that everything in it is still being playtested and will most definitely change in full game... after all, that demo was never intended to be shown to public, for (now) obvious reasons... but it got out because some journalists recorded parts of it and leaked it online...

Attachments

• Er-treKXUAIVDAu.png
    Er-treKXUAIVDAu.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom