Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do the exact same thing. Objective reviews don't exist!

It doesnt make it a good game. But it is very important for a good game, in every type of genre.

Right. Like every other of your points. ;)

Like in every other game that ever existed. Even the godlike Witcher 3. Why does this make the game "objectively" bad?
Also, some people like repeatable stuff. Its not fair to say this by default a bad thing.

Right. However the cars get visibly damaged at some point. Don't make it worse than it actually is, if you want to keep your credibility.

Still the trees allow different playstyles.

I never said it is outstanding. I said it is not bad. And again: To say the game is a 9/10 or 10/10 was never my point.

I fully understand your criticism and that of many others here.
But I also think that a lot is measured with double standards.

There is a lot of space between outstanding and bad.

(sorry for my english. Its to late for double checking)

CP2077 is ok or average if you haven't watched any marketing material or build any expectation objectively. I came here for story, so i did ignore bug fest.
If you watched any marketing materials and believed this is how the product will look like this is subjectively bad product.

Erm, GOT developes their characters - that's why deaths were so impactful. Witcher doesn't have cars. Horse "physics" are sort of ok. Withcer 3 skill made quite a lof of sense. Combat itself was meh - but skiltree was ok.
I might add that a song of ice and fire never kills off characters without a reason or an equally capable character taking over.

A song of ice and fire can afford to kill off characters, because there are enough characters left to progress the story.

check every question and answer
don't explode
xD

all the features that are not there but are mentioned as already applied

There are no double standards here. People here are simply upholding the game to the quality and standard that CDPR themselves have showcased/promised in the promo materials.
Because showcases and promo materials with "Not Final Game"-Disclaimers always gave a realistic impression in other cases, right?
Double standards 100%

Because showcases and promo materials with "Not Final Game"-Disclaimers always gave a realistic impression in other cases, right?
Double standards 100%
It's a hollow legal phrase so people over in the USA can't send their layers after them, if a Pixel is at the wrong place.

Imho, it's morally wrong to raise people's expectations with demos, just to downgrade basicay everything and resort to the phrase.

Ubisoft was grilled for it, bioware was grilled for it, westfood was grilled for it 25 years ago.

Double standards 100%
No not at all. I am tired of excusing bad practices. It is 100% realistic to expect what is showcased. Just because they slap a "work in progress" disclaimer on the footage doesn't mean that they can show completely irrelevent game mechanics.

If anything, that disclaimer should only be there so it reassures people that the final product will be even better since they are still working on it. Why would you use a feature as a selling point that you can't gurantee will make it into the game?

Also not double standards for multiple reason if we look at the meaning of the word. A, In my life, I do my best to keep my word once given. To my best possiblities. So it's not double standards to uphold CDPR to it too.

But I think you meant unrealistic expectations with that sentence, so again. It's not unrealsitic when we see visual proof of it, and has been proven possible by older game titles.

I said you have problem with comprehension. You are attaching yourself to a miniscule detail and hang on it, like your life depends on it.

-The Story is good? it could have been good if characters werent killed off right after you get to know them.
Well, people just loved Game of Thrones and the shock it brought into their lives. AND A LOT of their beloved characters are literally butchered one after another. You cried there too? So according to your standards this is a negative trait. Okay, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Yes, cars have bad physics, yes the skilltrees doesn't really have any sense whatsoever, JUST LIKE IN WITCHER 3. But we are getting back to the origin of my thoughts: people don't care, they want stimulation and a unique experience and are not hardcore players, they don't care about these details.
What does that have to do with being a hardcore gamer?

You know whats actually sad? Its exactly this way of thinking (your thinking) that is ruining the gaming scene. We are actually going backwards instead of forward.
We expect games to get better and not get worse over time..

Also what you are doing here is comparing a game to a movie/series.

Do i have a choice in a movie or series? no.
Do i have a choice in a game? Yes, i do, especially if it gets promoted like that.

I am not watching, I AM THE ONE PLAYING AND MAKING CHOICES.

So why exactly do you compare it to a movie/series?

Not trolling you and no pun intended. But what makes cp story great for you?

For me story was bad because:
1. no choices matters, not speaking about ending but in general. Eve will die no matter what, if you kill dum dum there will be priscilla and nance mission will play pretty much same. Yes you can get sex toy vs pistols is it a real choice? Jacks will die, river story ends the same, peralez story ends same. Only choice is to do missiion or not. It is illusion of choice which is non existant
2. Linear story without any branching
3. Backgrounds doesnt matter at ALL. At one moment i thought that this game was envisioned differently so corpo get arasaka ending, streetkid go with rogue, nomad wiht panam.
4. no character development whatsoever, offscreen character kills
5. PLOT-HOLES like how office plum ( i played corpo) wihtout any military training and actually half dead zombile could take down oda (who is super trained and top augs guy) and adam smasher which is most augmented, top of the line, merc with most of experience with support of other arasaka soldiers. I can name few more...but i guess you can trust me about plotholes
6. how we were not scanned during heist by smasher or takemura...i believe they both had kiroshi
7. padre, we knew him he still says hello.
8. rushed and cut content.

so seriously what do you enjoyed? MMO type side quests? cyberpsycho missions which were one shot for me without any reward? or maybe story full of plotholes. I mean somebody like to grind stuff and spends their life on mmo that is fine... no pun intended
After the umpteenth story about the suppressed/downtrodden gets his revenge style of movie/series it gives a more serial, adult tone. That in reality you are used, you are nothing, a cog in the machinery of power brokers/powerful entities-individuals. It shakes you up a little. I have elaborated on the game in my other comments not gonna repeat myself, if interested check them.

You are also bringing up these points just like others, but if you put these aside did you have a good time or not? I also have reservations about the game, but in overall I enjoyed it and bugs cannot overshadow it, since they were mostly miniscule things. I would've mercilessly butchered this game if the main elements (story, characters) were flawed.

You want Jackie to live in a Cyberpunk world where there are gangs that have initiations where they'll carve your eyes out? Where stray kids are harvested for organs? Reality check needed. He died because he was a fool who pursued something that had a sugar coating on it in his own mind, while in reality it was nothing more than a meat grinder and it ate him.

Linear/Branching story - Nobody cares about whether it's linear or branching or whatever. If the story is good people will LOVE IT, NO MATTER WHAT. Let it sink. Noone gives a flying fck about it.

Linear/Branching story - Nobody cares about whether it's linear or branching or whatever. If the story is good people will LOVE IT, NO MATTER WHAT. Let it sink. Noone gives a flying fck about it.

Nobody would care if they wouldn't advertise it as non-linear experience... they did, so some people care. To be fair, if they just created game as fully linear experience (without trying to create illiusion of choice) and just concentrated on that - it would be better game.

We get it, Cyberpunk is a dark world with no happy ending, but why promote this game as "having multiple choices" then when my choices do not matter. If you do that, then give us different endings even if its a dark world. If you want to push the narrative that its a dark world and the ending is always the same, promote this game as a linear singleplayer story.

Sorry but that does not make sense. If i get choices, i want my choices to matter.
We are going in circles. Yes, there are flaws, we can list the issues, whatever. But in the end you like the ride or not? Forget about the bugs. Just answer honestly.

Enjoyed it or not?

People act like CDPR does not have a reputation for underdelivering on promises. The Witcher 3 suffer the worst downgrade in gaming history (that VGX trailer looks insane even by todays standards), and the combat felt nothing like what was demonstrated in those earlier demos.

Thing is that TW3, with all its issues was 9 - 10/10 game, while CP is more like 7-8/10 (not counting the bugs of course). If i want something from CDPR is to get rid of the Rockstar model of overblown PR, and spending 3-4 times more money on promotion rather than the game. The game will be better and people won't necessarily expect the messiah of gaming.

CP is still a good game though. If it was a game that came out of nowhere (not from CDPR), without all this PR, and without so many bugs, i bet most people and reviewers would rate it around 9.

Double standards 100%
Except "Not final game" is not above articles and video interviews done with CDPR. They said many things that aren't possible. That is not the fault of the fans. They pulled a Shawn Murray. Someone directly stated you can beat the game without doing the main quest. An example of that is Breath of the Wild. That game allows you to go right to the final Ganon boss at the start. So you can skip the ENTIRE GAME. For this statement to be true. After Johnny gets into our head. V should have the secret ending option available. And storm Arasaka tower right than and there.

This is not possible. It cannot work. Because ALT is required. Unless you write a totally separate ending that actually allows V to live. Because you entered and survived just as you got Johnny. So the degradation wouldn't have happened. People actually would have liked that being the 100% way of saving V. It be hard as fucking hell. But there's your happy ending option. The secret ending should have been this.

Last edited:
After the umpteenth story about the suppressed/downtrodden gets his revenge style of movie/series it gives a more serial, adult tone. That in reality you are used, you are nothing, a cog in the machinery of power brokers/powerful entities-individuals. It shakes you up a little. I have elaborated on the game in my other comments not gonna repeat myself, if interested check them.

You are also bringing up these points just like others, but if you put these aside did you have a good time or not? I also have reservations about the game, but in overall I enjoyed it and bugs cannot overshadow it, since they were mostly miniscule things. I would've mercilessly butchered this game if the main elements (story, characters) were flawed.

You want Jackie to live in a Cyberpunk world where there are gangs that have initiations where they'll carve your eyes out? Where stray kids are harvested for organs? Reality check needed. He died because he was a fool who pursued something that had a sugar coating on it in his own mind, while in reality it was nothing more than a meat grinder and it ate him.

Jackie died so you can be railroaded into the Jhonny plot. Simple as that. As many have pointed it out, it would have been a lot more impactful if he actually died by the hands of Smasher in a fight. That way we would actually have a reason to care for killing smasher later on.

And the story was advertised as "You can't save the world, but you can save yourself." How did that work out? To me the story failed after the point of no return and put a sour taste on the whole experience.

And your "fact" about the linear/branching story is simply flat out false. Everyone, and I mean everyone who bought the game for the "next generation RPG experience" as advertised care deeply about the fact that the game is linear and at times feels like we have no say in it at all. Thus giving a story that simply feels unsatisfying. Also the story is actually very disjointed from the rest of the open world gameplay.

Cyberpunk = missing features simulator. As I said 1 month ago, they will surely fix the game and render it playable for consoles. But they will not add any more features EXCEPT new stories in form of DLCs. They already stated that PC version is what they're proud of. Adding features costs, and they want to eat all the money they made thanks to the preorders.

I'm never, ever going to buy a Cdpr game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom