Adaption to Donar an Hindars deploy ability

+
Adaption to Donar an Hindars deploy ability

I would love if Donar would give you the opportunity not to move an opposing graveyard unit to your owns.
Maybe that is intended, but it can feel pretty dreadful to be forced to move a unit to your graveyard just to lock a unit on the battlefield. For instance needing to move an Impera Enforcers or Impera Brigade not knowing if your opponent runs a Vicovaro Medic; Moving a monster card into the Caretaker resurrection. I just don't want to gift my opponent additional utility.

But as I said, maybe that is inteded as a potential punishment for an early Donar an Hindar. I think the change would be fine tho, referring to Assire var Anahid and Nenneke - not quite sure about Nenneke - being able not to shuffle any unit into a players deck.

Thus my suggestion:
Deploy: Toggle a Unit's Lock. You may move a Bronze Unit from your opponent's Graveyard to your Graveyard.

Donar was too weak compare to other faction lock units as his stealing ability is far more situational as SK we only want to resurrect our own troops most of the time. It's only useful playing skirmisher deck ^ that also if opp. is Ng or Mo & if they steal one of your main res. card

I think donar should steal silver cards too.

Half the reason I run Donar in my deck is for the graveyard part... but I think your suggestion makes complete sense and is consistent with the abilities of the other graveyard-interacting units you mentioned. I hop the devs take it into consideration.

That 1 strength V. Medic is more strong than Silver Donar which not only stealing card but playing it instantly with that card ability.

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9497641 said:
That 1 strength V. Medic is more strong than Silver Donar which not only stealing card but playing it instantly with that card ability.
All lock units are balanced somehow and they are all situational cards that can have an edge over the other depending on the situation.
  • Donar an Hindar - Strong body that can mess up with the oponnents graveyard. Pretty good against Skellige.
  • Auckes - Weak body but with two potential locks. Good when you have two good targets to lock, not so good when you don't.
  • Ciaran - Strongest body, but weakest side effect IMO. Move the target to the same row it lands. Pretty good tho if you're preparing for a row attack spell like Hailstorm.
  • Morvudd - Weak body, but the best secondary effect. Even when you don't have any good targets to lock, its secondary is very versatile. I don't mean it's always the best, but on average it is, because it's never a dead card.
  • Margarita Laux-Antille - Weak body with an usually good secondary effect. Not so good against strengthening factions like Skellige.

Theodrik;n9497761 said:
All lock units are balanced somehow and they are all situational cards that can have an edge over the other depending on the situation.
  • Donar an Hindar - Strong body that can mess up with the oponnents graveyard. Pretty good against Skellige.
  • Auckes - Weak body but with two potential locks. Good when you have two good targets to lock, not so good when you don't.
  • Ciaran - Strongest body, but weakest side effect IMO. Move the target to the same row it lands. Pretty good tho if you're preparing for a row attack spell like Hailstorm.
  • Morvudd - Weak body, but the best secondary effect. Even when you don't have any good targets to lock, its secondary is very versatile. I don't mean it's always the best, but on average it is, because it's never a dead card.
  • Margarita Laux-Antille - Weak body with an usually good secondary effect. Not so good against strengthening factions like Skellige.

As I said Sk most of the time wants to resurrect their own units so stealing opp. unit and that also bronze one is not a great in any situation. Now lets look at other faction lock unit and how situational those are...
  • Auckes - Gwent is all about archetypes and there are always those key cards available from opp. faction to lock no matter what so locking 2 key cards is a great ability to have and on that he is damaging those units for 1 so you can sometimes use this to equal strength of units for igani, ya it's situational but useful.
  • Ciaran - 2nd Weak lock unit IMO. But still you can move unit for igni , mg hailstorm or to break adjacent effects or to move card on weather row.
  • Morvudd - The best lock unit IMO. As you can use it on almost any high strength card which is common.
  • Margarita Laux-Antille - Buffed units are not a rare any more. Yes it's weak against some faction but still there are hopes. Against Ng / Nr / St / Mo consume / Sk pirate discard you have so many target to deal with.

Now give me Doanr situations... In 1st round he is almost useless as so many times there are no cards in graveyard & even if its there still those cards are almost useless to steal.

So finally my rank for lock units are... 1] Morvudd 2] Auckes 3] Margarita 7] Ciaran 10] Donar :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom