Add a Boosting Effect on Contact With Moonlight

+
Add a Boosting Effect on Contact With Moonlight

Something that has been bothering me since I tried this archetype out is the fact that Moonlight itself doesn't boost units on contact. I mean, besides the werewolves. For example, if you play a Siren into Moonlight, onto the row that the Siren is at, she won't get boosted. So she's effectively a 4 point play until it's your turn again. Not only that but your opponent can remove your Siren as well or counter it with weather. So I think that Moonlight should boost the lowest beast or vampire on the row by 4 on contact. I'm not saying it should boost by 4 every turn, only when you play it. Then it would switch to how it works now.

partci

Forum veteran
Yeah, it triggers at the start of your turn, so you basically lose 2 points immediately.

I feel Moonlight is exactly where it should be personally. Even if your opponent kills the siren you have just lost two points more than 4 but that's it. Alphas and werewolves provide more than enough or immune bodies to sap the boosts.

the main problem is the rise of dwarves against which this deck is at a horrid disadvantage due to tremors and Schirru - epidemic being able to kill a lot of small bodies on your side of the board. It also has a rough matchup with radovid armor and Henselt, the former because it is proactive and can counter your boosts with aspirants and reinforced trebuchets while you can't damage it with blood moon or fog, the latter because Ballistas will ruin your day. On the other hand it can crush all the major NG archetypes, fares alright against bears and is at an advantage against most other monster decks like weather and if played right, consume.

It's like a reverse fog, 4 points to pull out, only difference is you are guaranteed to be able to put things in there so it's nearly always ticking 2 PTS per turns, when your opponent can just avoid the fogged row. I see no problems there. On a long round, it can generate 20+ PTS. And unlike weather, it has got much less ways to cancel. Just opponents weather and that card that no one ever used.

masttt23;n10393382 said:
If you want points immediately you can play Blood Moon instead of Full Moon.

Bloodmoon is a terrible archetype. You either go full Bloodmoon or Moonlight. Can't really mix both.

KingPegasus;n10393402 said:
It's like a reverse fog, 4 points to pull out, only difference is you are guaranteed to be able to put things in there so it's nearly always ticking 2 PTS per turns, when your opponent can just avoid the fogged row. I see no problems there. On a long round, it can generate 20+ PTS. And unlike weather, it has got much less ways to cancel. Just opponents weather and that card that no one ever used.

But unlike Moonlight, Fog damages after you play it. Whereas Moonlight doesn't boost a beast or vampire until it's your turn again.

ser2440;n10393332 said:
I feel Moonlight is exactly where it should be personally. Even if your opponent kills the siren you have just lost two points more than 4 but that's it. Alphas and werewolves provide more than enough or immune bodies to sap the boosts.

the main problem is the rise of dwarves against which this deck is at a horrid disadvantage due to tremors and Schirru - epidemic being able to kill a lot of small bodies on your side of the board. It also has a rough matchup with radovid armor and Henselt, the former because it is proactive and can counter your boosts with aspirants and reinforced trebuchets while you can't damage it with blood moon or fog, the latter because Ballistas will ruin your day. On the other hand it can crush all the major NG archetypes, fares alright against bears and is at an advantage against most other monster decks like weather and if played right, consume.

I just feel like it lacks a bit of tempo when you're setting up the Moonlight stuff... idk :p

I think Moonlight will be made playable in the future Vampire expansion, right now it's like any other Weather archetype: useless and powerless in an environment where enemies Bronze cards can vomit 12+ points per turn with no setup whatsoever and complete reliability.

They could have even avoided adding Moonlight cards to the last update since they are still a work in progress, but on the other hand it speeded up the bug removal like you spawning wolves on the enemy row :).

Let's wait and hope it will be an enjoyable archetype.

OG.laloquaint;n10393712 said:
I just feel like it lacks a bit of tempo when you're setting up the Moonlight stuff

I agree with this. Even if the Siren (or Nekurat) that was used to cast Full Moon doesn't immediately get killed/locked/moved, it's still a low-tempo opening compared to many others.

On the other hand, it's nice to be able to take advantage of that same thing when facing a Moonlight deck. :p

So, I suppose all in all I don't think Full Moon should give an instant buff. Siren into Full Moon does provide more tempo than let's say the standard Nekker Consume opening.

Moonlight is fine, except werewolf should not be immune until it comes in to contact with moonlight.

jsachun;n10403092 said:
Moonlight is fine, except werewolf should not be immune until it comes in to contact with moonlight.

Imo, it shouldn't even be immune, but I get what they were going for. :p

As if immune makes it any more playable :p I think if people really dislike the immunity then it should only become immune on contact with full moon yes

the problem is that the whole archetype will lose badly to dwarves, machines and armor unless the opponent makes a mistake. I am saying that and it carried me to rank 19 (4k mmr) with my wins being double my losses (considering some of my initial losses were because I initially used spies it's actually an even better ratio)

On the other hand this could be viable even in tournaments since it outplays bears, Nilfgaard and consume with the right plays. So banning dwarves eliminates the first big danger while the opponent can only use machines once :p Don't mind me, just waiting until I see a top player using Moonlight in a stream and feel justified :D

ser2440;n10413952 said:
On the other hand this could be viable even in tournaments since it outplays bears, Nilfgaard and consume with the right plays. So banning dwarves eliminates the first big danger while the opponent can only use machines once :p Don't mind me, just waiting until I see a top player using Moonlight in a stream and feel justified :D

I never see top players with like...interesting decks lol, especially in tournaments. Always just the same decks with a couple of Silver changes.

I never see top players with like...interesting decks lol, especially in tournaments. Always just the same decks with a couple of Silver changes.

Υeah and that's a real shame considering the strengths this deck has against many of the other primarily competitive decks... *sigh* Only Hanachann brought Alchemy the last time and he lost badly.

Three words define competitive play: Consistency, Consistency, and Consistency.

Newer archetypes will take time to work out to get those critical three words in there. Over time you'll likely start to see them bleed into the competitive arena, but it won't be until the pros are 100% comfortable with how the decks play.

Top Bottom