Add an option to remove the "Vignette" post processing effect please.

+
Add an option to remove the "Vignette" post processing effect please.

I just got back into The Witcher 3 after taking a break because of all the issues getting patched. I haven't played since 1.03 and I've noticed that in one of the patches between 1.03 and 1.10, CD Projekt Red added the "Vignette" effect to the PS4 version of the game. This is an option on the PC version of the game, and it's nice that it was added to the PS4 version as well...

Except you forgot to make it an optional feature. It's permanently on and there's no way to remove the effect in the post processing menu on PS4. This is really annoying. I'm not a fan of the effect at all and it's a real shame that it's forced upon me. It's distracting and it looks terrible at night. It blurs the edges of the screen and desaturates the colors. I'm all for adding features to the game, but please remember to make them optional. Especially when it's a very subjective effect that not everyone will like. Hoping for a toggle in the next patch.

Please get rid of it. It is especially noticeable indoors. It's is very irritating. Also water drops on the screen especially in boat and during cutscenes. I don't like playing as if I am looking through a camera lens.

Is this the effect that make the four corners of your TV go darker in an unnatural way?

Have been trying to tweak my TV with all possible things, and in-game gamma, but if the picture is perfect in quality, there's like a triangle in all four corners on my TV that is darker/brighter depending on gamma setting etc then the rest of the screen!

Been like this since i got it on PS4 two months after release, never had it when i played on my PC on the same TV!

Though it's way worse since 1.10

Dark/dusty corners of the screen

It happens to me that when I am in a forest, the corners of the screen become dark.... That's very annoyng and immersion breaking.... I play on ps4 . Do this happen to anyone else? What should it be? A bug? Damn, it's really ugly!!

This thing really sucks! I thought it was a bug at first.... Please CDPR add an otion to remove it. It destroys game immersion

Not sure if there are options on consoles, but if there are go to Options > Video > Post Processing and turn of Vignette

thanks for reply... No option for ps4... So it seems like this is an intentional thing added with a patch.... My God, it looks awful...... Hope that CDPR read this and add an option to disable in the next patch... Even because, reading on forums and sites, there are a lot of players annoyed by this terrible feature! Come on, it' s not difficult to add an option to hide it even on consolles!

I know how to fix this. Pick up your TV-remote, turn off your TV and clean it :worried:
Am I getting a new help-point for this or what? lol

thanks for reply... No option for ps4... So it seems like this is an intentional thing added with a patch.... My God, it looks awful...... Hope that CDPR read this and add an option to disable in the next patch... Even because, reading on forums and sites, there are a lot of players annoyed by this terrible feature! Come on, it' s not difficult to add an option to hide it even on consolles!

It's always been part of the game options for PC, since launch. if it's a new thing, it may not be vignette. There is a brief description and comparison here:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...eaking-guide#the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-vignette

Yes it's vignette! this is exactly what i am referring! I noticed that it's not just in forests or interiors but also outside, everywhere!! Any option to turn this off on consolles?

Yeah, vignette is a really horrible post process effect (but it's not a Witcher 3 exclusive, a lot of other games have it, at least on PC), only the chromatic aberration is worse.
Not sure why devs nowdays like this stuff, but there should be an option.

Last edited:
Yeah, vignette is a really horrible post process effect (but it's not a Witcher 3 exclusive, a lot of other games have it, at least on PC), only the chromatic aberration is worse.
Not sure why devs nowdays like this stuff, but there should be an option.

It's the first time I notice it in a video game...But I think it's not difficult to add the option to turn it off so i can't understand why CDPR doesn't implement it.... You can change everything in the HUD but you can't turn off this damned awful effect!!!

Also, sorry for ignorance, but what is chromatic aberration?

It's the first time I notice it in a video game...But I think it's not difficult to add the option to turn it off so i can't understand why CDPR doesn't implement it.... You can change everything in the HUD but you can't turn off this damned awful effect!!!

Also, sorry for ignorance, but what is chromatic aberration?

[video=youtube;99eUqeT-_4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99eUqeT-_4Y[/video]

Top Bottom