Add Forfeit button at match-up screen

+

Guest 4375874

Since the recent patches have been more focused on optimization rather than balancing, can we add a forfeit button immediately at the screen where the match-up is confirmed. It takes 3 steps to get to it and it's practically auto-forfeit against factions like SY and SK at the moment so I'd rather spare my opponent and myself the time. I don't know if maybe there is an easier way and I just missed it but once the card selection screen comes up you have to wait for the match to start to forfeit, if there was a forfeit button immediately there when you see who the opponent is we could save each other time. I know it may be done that way by design, because the games are intended to keep players in but in the absence of any meaningful balancing it would help to be able to just move on to the next game.

We had a similar proposal a few months ago, when some players wanted a distinct matchup so they don't have to play against faction X.
This will not happen because it will make the problem even bigger.

Guest 4375874

We had a similar proposal a few months ago, when some players wanted a distinct matchup so they don't have to play against faction X.
This will not happen because it will make the problem even bigger.
I know, I made the post back then. This isn't about adding a filter. The forfeit button already exists in game, my suggestion here is simply to make it available at the match-up screen so as to not waste time if you plan to forfeit.

The game is more binary than it has ever been so you can easily tell whether you'll lose. Despite the buffs to vampires for example the devs have also encouraged unitless play rendering vampires useless against the ST and SY meta decks. I don't want to waste time drawing cards when I know I'm just going to forfeit that match.

Maybe in the future such a feature will be implemented in the graphical interface. For the moment they only applied (;)) a hidden keyboard shortcut, which works maybe not perfect, but quite OK in the situations you mentioned.

I don't want to waste time drawing cards when I know I'm just going to forfeit that match.
I've never had a hard time to navigate to forfeit button even before the drawing screen appeared before round 1, if I wanted (on PC - maybe on consoles it is slower). But I would never like to have a forfeit button on the main screen anywhere just to avoid misclicking it. Although I acknowledge it's qiute improbable to completely throw the game this way when you need to confirm the forfeit. But you know - if it's possible, it will happen. Just an opinion from other perspective, no offence.

last month in another thread i have a similarity idea. Something like, after the opponent and the faction apeared you can decide if you are going to play agains it or not.

For me save a lot of time doing that than enter in the game, see the coin flip, see the leader say his bulsshit, give all the cards and than you can forfeit.

For my luck, in this actual meta, i cant remmeber when i did an insta forfeit, because i think now, despite lined pockets and arachas swarm, everything its balanced and i dont think there is a lof ot toxic decks right now

Until I constructed a trashy hyper-control, non-interactive deck, this was basically me. Anytime the match up is lined pockets I insta-forfeit.
Annoying, as it usually occurred on my 5/5 match to rank up (once this season I had 3 in a row :rolleyes:). But it's not worth the frustration of dealing with Drill and Phillipa.

Some match up's are just not worth wasting the time, especially when I can spend it playing in far more interesting games.
That said my new deck does a bit better against SY-LP if I have it selected.

Guest 4375874

I've never had a hard time to navigate to forfeit button even before the drawing screen appeared before round 1, if I wanted (on PC - maybe on consoles it is slower). But I would never like to have a forfeit button on the main screen anywhere just to avoid misclicking it. Although I acknowledge it's qiute improbable to completely throw the game this way when you need to confirm the forfeit. But you know - if it's possible, it will happen. Just an opinion from other perspective, no offence.
If the draw screen comes up as you get t o the forfeit interface the game won't allow you to click forfeit even if the option is now on screen so basically I'm constantly racing to get to the forfeit button before the draw screen. There's no way to "misclick" forfeit when a match-up is confirmed, you are literally just waiting for the cards to load. Until then you aren't doing anything, and I am referring to PC.
Post automatically merged:

last month in another thread i have a similarity idea. Something like, after the opponent and the faction apeared you can decide if you are going to play agains it or not.

For me save a lot of time doing that than enter in the game, see the coin flip, see the leader say his bulsshit, give all the cards and than you can forfeit.

For my luck, in this actual meta, i cant remmeber when i did an insta forfeit, because i think now, despite lined pockets and arachas swarm, everything its balanced and i dont think there is a lof ot toxic decks right now
Lined pockets is an auto-forfeit for me right now. Unless you are using another overtuned meta-deck there's no way to beat it and since I have no interest in running those toxic decks I prefer to not waste time in the match loading screen. Swarm decks have almost no control cards so they aren't preventing you from playing. Lined pockets is right up there with NG clogs. You basically have no opportunity to play the game which is pointless

Maybe not pro rank players, but certainly the same meta decks. Hard to imagine people were that insecure.
Nope, pro rank players ( they even show their pro rank avatar). I always check the profile of my opponent when I see a meta deck played on casual and most of the time they are pro rank players. Very rarely I encounter a new/low rank player playing casual, most of them are rank 2 - pro. I won't post their ingame account here for privacy, but ironically many people that complain on this forum about meta decks are the same ones you encounter on casual playing the very decks they despise ( SY and NG ).

Nope, pro rank players ( they even show their pro rank avatar). I always check the profile of my opponent when I see a meta deck played on casual and most of the time they are pro rank players. Very rarely I encounter a new/low rank player playing casual, most of them are rank 2 - pro. I won't post their ingame account here for privacy, but ironically many people that complain on this forum about meta decks are the same ones you encounter on casual playing the very decks they despise ( SY and NG ).
Well, pro rank doesn't mean much. I'm pro-rank though I started a month ago and there's a lot I don't know about the game.
How would I get scraps to play anything else than a meta deck?
So excuse me playing a strong deck in casual.

How would I get scraps to play anything else than a meta deck?

Simply by playing. The game rewards players whether they win or lose. Of course, you reach your reward points faster by winning, but it's not like you absolutely need to play the strongest deck to get materials.

Simply by playing. The game rewards players whether they win or lose. Of course, you reach your reward points faster by winning, but it's not like you absolutely need to play the strongest deck to get materials.
Well, playing tons of losing games would be boring. I want to do my best to win and that's how I can become better in the game.

Well, playing tons of losing games would be boring. I want to do my best to win and that's how I can become better in the game.

Everyone has his/her own way.
Some people want as much as possible, as fast as possible and with the least effort as possible.
Others want to experiment themselves, discover interesting combos, getting to know the game by their own experience.
Which way is better to achieve their goal and have fun in the process, they need to decide themselves.
I will always encourage the second approach, because it promotes diversity of decks and makes the game more interesting and unpredictable for both sides. But of course that's just my opinion.

Everyone has his/her own way.
Some people want as much as possible, as fast as possible and with the least effort as possible.
Others want to experiment themselves, discover interesting combos, getting to know the game by their own experience.
Which way is better to achieve their goal and have fun in the process, they need to decide themselves.
I will always encourage the second approach, because it promotes diversity of decks and makes the game more interesting and unpredictable for both sides. But of course that's just my opinion.
A netdeck helps only so much. It's one thing to craft the deck and another thing to pilot it well. You can't really be a good player if you don't know the meta. Knowing the meta is a necessity to make an educated guess what the opponent will play.
Playing the meta decks is in most cases the easiest way to get familiar with them.

In my Gwent career I've played Monster decks, Haunt/Yghern and Arachas Swarm. Guess which one has the better winrate? The off-meta Haunt deck.

Guest 4375874

A netdeck helps only so much. It's one thing to craft the deck and another thing to pilot it well. You can't really be a good player if you don't know the meta. Knowing the meta is a necessity to make an educated guess what the opponent will play.
Playing the meta decks is in most cases the easiest way to get familiar with them.

In my Gwent career I've played Monster decks, Haunt/Yghern and Arachas Swarm. Guess which one has the better winrate? The off-meta Haunt deck.
that's not necessarily true. It helps to be knowledgable but netdecks can pull off wins for even persons who are amateurs. It's not a matter of knowing what's coming. The Cantarella Joachim triple play for example. I can see that coming but there's literally no way to counter it, same for clog decks...no way to counter and easy to pilot. Unless the opponent messes up really badly that will take them all the way to pro.

that's not necessarily true. It helps to be knowledgable but netdecks can pull off wins for even persons who are amateurs. It's not a matter of knowing what's coming. The Cantarella Joachim triple play for example. I can see that coming but there's literally no way to counter it, same for clog decks...no way to counter and easy to pilot. Unless the opponent messes up really badly that will take them all the way to pro.
Well, play Arachas and fill your side of the board with insects. Then Joachim will brick.
Against Clog Nilfgaard you can kill Kolgrim with Werecat when it's behind Defender. Or Yrden it.

he Cantarella Joachim triple play for example. I can see that coming but there's literally no way to counter it,
Decoy cantarella, consume joachim or the other way around.

I would like the forfeit button to be easier accessible, but for me the more annoying is the rage-quit disconnect. Just forfeit already, don't be a d*ck, if you didn't like the match, just don't GG.

Top Bottom