Add Interaction with the cards in players hands

+

Guest 4375874

I always seem to have some controversial suggestions so why change that now :beer:

I think it's a far gone conclusion that the randomization algorithm in this game is quite terrible and while it's not the main issue it certainly is one of them. In the current meta you either draw cards that can directly counter your opponent or you lose, the game is now that binary and the gap between some cards or strategies is too vast. I believe a good way to kind of balance things is to add cards that interact with the opponents hands. Now before the pitchforks come out, I'm not suggesting a toxic design mechanic as they've done with NG viper decks, it should be costed appropriately and be high risk....e.g. a card that allows you and the opponent to select a card (hidden) from the others hand and discard it to the graveyard. Now as I say this I know the devs are terrible at balancing cards but :shrug:

This wouldn't be limited to a specific faction and would allow players weaken the opponents strategy but at the risk of losing a powerful card of their own. It's still a randomly chosen card but by you or the opponent, not a flawed algorithm. I had created this beast card in the card ideas thread a while back, it's outdated but just to give an idea in terms of how I think it could work.

Attachments

• Myabbuk.png
    Myabbuk.png
    564.3 KB · Views: 85
Kambi works more or less this way.

I'd say a fair and strictly controlled amount of interaction with opponents cards could be feasible, but it is definitely pandora's box. Something that would be very difficult to keep relevant AND keep from getting exploited to living hell and back.
Now, seeing as how a vocal part of the community reacts to the clog mechanic, messing with draws and mulligans, I'd be afraid to introduce them to a new mechanic that would actively mess with their hands :D

Top Bottom