Add open beta client to steam please (when open beta launches)

+
Add open beta client to steam please (when open beta launches)

I would sink infinitely more hours if this was on steam and if its going to be on release it should definitely be on steam when Open Beta launches as i would think that theres no wipe after this one so its basically release at that point. As if i play alot during open beta i might burn out thus i wouldnt play it on steam when it releases and i would love to see thousands of hours of gwent on my profile. I understand why closed beta is not on steam as not all can access it and its continously improving by alot but steam has lots of "early access" titles so open beta would be nice to have there. Thanks CDPR

Gwent open beta in steam???

Hello guys! Any info about open beta in steam? I have steam wallet money, i wish spend it via steam on kegs

Well when you're advocating for STEAM, of course you'd see no wrong. There are complaints about STEAM. I use it quite often, but I'd welcome competition.

Personally I think more exposure for CDPR's GOG client is always welcomed.

Not to turn this into another GOG vs Steam debacle. Let's just look at the facts. Steam is more popular and releasing any game on Steam will let you reach an even greater audience. This is always a good thing, so there shouldn't be any reason not to do it.

Usually, I am all for creating competition and preventing monopolies (damn you, Windows), but in the case of Steam, I am actually against diversification. Same goes for online streaming, like Netflix. Though the platform is important. What's even more important is the number of titles available on said platform. Just create one nice platform (e.g. Steam, Netflix) and drop everything on it. Even if the platform isn't perfect, creating yet another one usually doesn't solve anything. Anyhow, that was all besides the point. The point being, you should always try to release your product on the most popular distribution channel.

I really wish that we can merge accounts on steam and want an open beta on steam because I want to buy stuff on beta but If I can't migrate my account to steam I just not buy anything at all and will wait for full release on steam for how long and probably hype dies while I wait that long. Please even if beta won't be on steam give us option to migrate our beta accounts to steam when game releases on there. I want to buy stuff and migrate that stuff to steam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom