Add option to turn of phone

+
Phone calls from fixers on my 2nd play just get me mad... plain mad... they can even call you while in fight mode (at least regina can) and totally ruin your play.. cause you can not double jump or run while in a call.. and you can't skip phone calls as you do with normal dialogues..

PLZ PLZ PLZ.. add an option to turn phone off...
or at least let us skip phone calls from police and fixers

Phone calls from fixers on my 2nd play just get me mad... plain mad... they can even call you while in fight mode (at least regina can) and totally ruin your play.. cause you can not double jump or run while in a call.. and you can't skip phone calls as you do with normal dialogues..

Right? How about just getting voicemails and being able to listen to them at our convenience and call people back?

Mind boggling, I know.

I don't like the whole fixer system. You walk into some area and all of a sudden someone that you (usually) haven't even met calls you and gives you a job related to that exact area?? What a coincidence! Doesn't make any sense. After some time you have 10 jobs like that and can't even remember what are they all about. I've been legit talking with two different people at the same time. Also, who are you people and why do you assume that I wanna do your dirty work? I don't wanna do this stupid job for you. The best merc in town has no option of refusing some stupid job and my map is filled with a bunch of quest markers. Most of them are cars for sale.

You need something done? Ok, send me an email or SMS with some details, and if I feel like doing that for you I'll call you back. Or jobs could be given in a more linear fashion. If I need more eddies, I call Regina and ask her does she have any job for me. She asks me what type of job I would prefer (search & recover or whatever) and she gives me jobs one by one.

Untitled.png

This is just ridiculous.

The phone is ridiculous. I love how you can't ignore phone calls but when you call people some will not even pick up the phone. How about a text message that says call back when you are not busy...lol

When we are in dialogue, the phone should be muted. No calls should come in. I love when I am having a conversation and the phone rings and answers. The NPC is standing there like V are you ok?? Even the NPC knows it is rude. Please fix this.

Yes, please! And to be able to remove those that are not available anymore - archive or something. What's the point of scrolling through a list of random dead people just to find the one you need to call? And add the option to sort the list alphabetically? Or put the fixers on their own list.

mbrto

Forum regular
it would be great if there was an option not to pick up the phone
they could just call an hour later or so

i guess its important to pick up the phone in some quest stages to proceed

PLEASE FIX and Fixers with calls about cars to buy? WTF!!
Hi!! Im El Capitan, you want work? I got work!! Oh and i have these 6 cars that im selling!!
Padre and his pimp cars
Regina and her "Fly by night" hoopdies
And whats with that little red box car? Damn thing does 120mph while a high performance motorcycle can only hit 110?

PLEASE FIX and Fixers with calls about cars to buy? WTF!!
Hi!! Im El Capitan, you want work? I got work!! Oh and i have these 6 cars that im selling!!
Padre and his pimp cars
Regina and her "Fly by night" hoopdies
And whats with that little red box car? Damn thing does 120mph while a high performance motorcycle can only hit 110?
This too! I'd love to have a spam folder where to send all the car offers straight to ;)

And why buying cars is marked as a job? Why the same markers? It's confusing. I want them off the map! Or marked differently.

Honestly, they don't even need the majority of the phone calls. You get a text message that describes everything you need for the exact same gig they're calling about.

lol I agree, I don't even own a phone in RL.. :)

The only phone I have is an OLD "flip" (so no "smart" crap that stores personal info tracks your location or can listen to you) that lives in my car glove compartment (attached to my car battery in perpetuity ) for emergencies.

You know, Raymond “Red” Reddington style LOL!

I am annoyed by the game phone saying press T button to pick up but then they auto pick up anyway. At one time in DEV they must have allowed you to skip the call. But that also means it may be possible for a mod to change this. The MOD would have to also reset the timer on the event so the person would call back again later. Hopefully there is a hidden timer in the code for the calls.

Or at the very least, text messages saying that a fixer has a job for you and you need to talk to them in person because the phone is unsecured. As far as car jobs go, I think ONE fixer should send you after cars...Dakota. Then you can bring the cars to her garage where you can mod them inside and out.

How about they stop using smart phones in a video game set 60 years from now.

Whoever thought that this was a good idea......

We have optical and neural implants in this world. And you see NPCs pulling out phones, and fixers calling you constantly???

Last edited:

We have optical and neural implants in this world. And you see NPCs pulling out phones, and fixers calling you constantly???
Those are for people who have no implants. But basically there is no one. Since everyone we interact with, sends money through eyes. It doesn't make sense. I laughed when the homeless guy I gave money to had those eyes. I was like we can't pull out one of the euro dollars we pick up from tables?

JagoA

Forum regular
UI and phone system needs a complete rehaul, we'll see if it happens though. Contacts aren't even arranged in an alphabetical order man :facepalm:

Those are for people who have no implants. But basically there is no one. Since everyone we interact with, sends money through eyes. It doesn't make sense. I laughed when the homeless guy I gave money to had those eyes. I was like we can't pull out one of the euro dollars we pick up from tables?

Yeah what do we do with the wads of cash. We never go to a bank.

IT still makes me so sad that there is PDA usage in DOOM3 (mars in year 2145 ). One because even at that time that seem like a concept that would be outdated too fast (such as hair cuts in movies, directors hate how that dates their flics). And two because I really LOVED my PDA and the game gave me a false sense of security about their future until the dam smart phones killed off my beloved PDAs. :(

Top Bottom