ADD options "turn off romance preference"

+
Yeah, kinda hate how the only attractive character as a straight male happens to be a lesbo.

I get it, it’s who she is, but how come there’s total garbage tier looking characters for Male V? Also, why do both of the dolls look like absolute trash? The chick (Skye) has the jowls of a geriatric,, and the gay one looks like a tub of lard.

Nothing against the male actor but Female V deserves a Grammy or Golden Globe or some other prestigious award because it is fucking amazing!!!

Agreed. Her reactions and lines are so natural and realistic that it's spooky.
Post automatically merged:

Can you please add the option to turn off sexual preferences in the next patch? Everyone will be happy!! 80%
players will greatly appreciate it!

Will they also remove the FOUR times Judy says she's into women? How about just completely rewrite the characters to fit your personal desires?

Last edited:
I agree, because in my playthrough I wasn't able to romance anyone. Because of how the preferences are based on a combination of genitals, pronouns, and body type. If V has a feminine body type, but a penis and male pronouns, none of the characters are able to be romanced

Preferences are SOLELY based on V's voice afaik.

I mean - I like having more options, so I wouldn't be against everyone romanceable being open to everything buuut... I think it'd also take away a little from the characters themselves, no? I mean... people don't really choose or change their sexuality all that much, eh?

But options - so have my +1 ;)

EDIT: The NPCs also pay attention to how you act during their quests - so that might also be a reason some of you weren't able to romance person "x".

Nothing needs to be rewritten, just ADD option turn off that gender lock....
just like nudity on/off...
copyright music on/off
romance pref on/OFF

no big deal and all will be satisfied ;)
btw on Nexus is first mode romance Judy ending with male V..
P.S i thot she is bi...52hours...:(

Agreed. Her reactions and lines are so natural and realistic that it's spooky.
Post automatically merged:

Will they also remove the FOUR times Judy says she's into women? How about just completely rewrite the characters to fit your personal desires?

Preferences are SOLELY based on V's voice afaik.

I mean - I like having more options, so I wouldn't be against everyone romanceable being open to everything buuut... I think it'd also take away a little from the characters themselves, no? I mean... people don't really choose or change their sexuality all that much, eh?

Preferences are not solely based on V's voice / pronouns. To romance Kerry and Panam, V needs a masculine body type. To romance River and Judy, V needs a feminine body type. To romance River, V also specifically needs a vagina, so feminine body w/ penis is out. River and Panam don't care about pronouns at all, it's all about the body.

This is always true, regardless of what choices V makes.

I don't have an issue with the characters having preferences, but in that case there ought to be a lot more romance options. As it is, there are body / pronoun / genital combinations that result in no romance options. Which kind of penalizes players choosing anything other than the typical.

Preferences are not solely based on V's voice / pronouns. To romance Kerry and Panam, V needs a masculine body type. To romance River and Judy, V needs a feminine body type. To romance River, V also specifically needs a vagina, so feminine body w/ penis is out. River and Panam don't care about pronouns at all, it's all about the body.

This is always true, regardless of what choices V makes.

I don't have an issue with the characters having preferences, but in that case there ought to be a lot more romance options. As it is, there are body / pronoun / genital combinations that result in no romance options. Which kind of penalizes players choosing anything other than the typical.

Thanks for the heads-up! Always assumed it's just the Voice! I agree however - we need more romance options. Like, way more :p

In my opinion it reflects reality and personally I don't see why we need to change. Maybe I would add more choice and maybe I would give more depth to the romance but otherwise it's fine

"Reflects reality". Very little about this game reflects reality. If it did, there would be way more choices in general. Way more romance options. Way more dialogue options. Way more customization options, e.g. for V's apartment or car.

They put a lot of effort into the game, and I do enjoy Night City. But I feel like they could have put less effort into other things (e.g. all the scenes with Johnny Silverhand, the flashbacks and his control over V's body) and more into things that the player can actually choose.

"Reflects reality". Very little about this game reflects reality. If it did, there would be way more choices in general. Way more romance options. Way more dialogue options. Way more customization options, e.g. for V's apartment or car.

They put a lot of effort into the game, and I do enjoy Night City. But I feel like they could have put less effort into other things (e.g. all the scenes with Johnny Silverhand, the flashbacks and his control over V's body) and more into things that the player can actually choose.

Mine reflects reality was derived from the fact that there are straight and non-straight people. Therefore it makes no sense to change the characters for your personal taste. Then I agree with you, in fact I wrote that they could give greater prominence to romance. Although the side quests are very nice.

thats the thing... in reality, you wont go from relationship to relationship just to try them all... in this story context, you have few encounters with the "mr/mrs right" and its up to you how you handle it..

No, this is a terrible idea. It will make people who love this rage, media will have a field day on how CDPR is removing LGBTQ representation and so many things. On the other hand, we can ask CDPR to ADD more romantic options in the future, through updates and Expansions (like they did with TW 3 expansions). Like add two new Love Interests for each gender and make romance more interesting instead of a one off thing (this reminds me of ME series, where you bang before the last mission but at least there was work and progress to do there. In CP77 there is nothing) and work on improving things and characters too. For example, Stout seemed to have a big role in the game and her romance would have some effects but it got cut short like most things in this game.

I see so many posts like this and all end in stating that its not the right solution to basically make everyone bi. And that the best way to make everyone happy is introduce more straight bi or gay characters to romance. In Judy's case her sexuality is tied to her story and relationship with some of the characters as well as her childhood. And it would make no sense to just have her flip flop on demand. As per previous comment made in a similar post...
The problem is that you would essentially strip the character of any dynamic value. And cut the diversity of her responses to the same generic ones since in the case of her being bi nothing would be different. With acceptance and with rejection you are treated to 2 sides of her own personality and that is only possible in this case due to her sexual preference. The writers and people that crafted these dialogues and personalities have put tremendous though into it to deliver this simple truth of life that we deal with rejection and acceptance and we need to learn to live with such people and try see the world with their eyes. And we need to allow ourselves to accept their choices and not push our own onto them.

Furthermore the world we live in has increasingly so many orientations and identities people carry that in order to write a character and make them fit for all you would have them basically write a hollow shell of a candy factory that wouldn't dare refuse, reject or discomfort anyone. And they still would disappoint some. So if that was the standard, writers would bail and with good justification.
Judy is in my opinion the best character and romance I've had in this game, nothing defines my love of Cyberpunk like her, and it lives and dies for me based on how they treat her going further.
Judy was rejected herself when she was a child, she wanted the affection of a girl that wouldn't notice her. She didn't change due to it and further on her relationship with Maiko also had consequences for her due to the intimacy they shared.
And for many its Panam or River and Kerry. None of these should be anything else aside from what they currently are because it gives them the weight and realism we are accustomed to in reality. And the reality is that we can't have everyone in this world and should learn to accept their choices and preferences while at the same time keep close those that we are given, and that do care and love us.

Lastly, as it was stated in posts above, you don't even want more characters to romance atm. You would set yourself up for depression with any because as it is now you will learn that its beautiful, captivating and insanely good writing and dialogue that will captivate you and excite you. And while you are on that top you will realize there is nothing more left to do with the character you love and are in a relationship with. They are in their place you have access to their apartment just to stash your stuff (yey!) and nothing more aside from few more lines of dialogue as they are glued to their spot. Your relationship ends at the start of it. And that is what hurts most in the current state. No more missions or moments with them, no ways to show affection or intimacy as you continue tru the city stories none of them will be impacted by your relationship.

Last edited:
I see so many posts like this and all end in stating that its not the right solution to basically make everyone bi. And that the best way to make everyone happy is introduce more straight bi or gay characters to romance. In Judy's case her sexuality is tied to her story and relationship with some of the characters as well as her childhood. And it would make no sense to just have her flip flop on demand. As per previous comment made in a similar post...

Furthermore the world we live in has increasingly so many orientations and identities people carry that in order to write a character and make them fit for all you would have them basically write a hollow shell of a candy factory that wouldn't dare refuse, reject or discomfort anyone. And they still would disappoint some. So if that was the standard, writers would bail and with good justification.
Judy is in my opinion the best character and romance I've had in this game, nothing defines my love of Cyberpunk like her, and it lives and dies for me based on how they treat her going further.
Judy was rejected herself when she was a child, she wanted the affection of a girl that wouldn't notice her. She didn't change due to it and further on her relationship with Maiko also had consequences for her due to the intimacy they shared.
And for many its Panam or River and Kerry. None of these should be anything else aside from what they currently are because it gives them the weight and realism we are accustomed to in reality. And the reality is that we can't have everyone in this world and should learn to accept their choices and preferences while at the same time keep close those that we are given, and that do care and love us.

Lastly, as it was stated in posts above, you don't even want more characters to romance atm. You would set up yourself for depression with any because as it is now you will learn that its beautiful, captivating and insanely good writing and dialogue that will captivate you and excite you. And while you are on that top you will realize there is nothing more left to do with the character you love and are in a relationship with. They are in their place you have access to their apartment just to stash your stuff (yey!) and nothing more aside from few more lines of dialogue as they are glued to their spot. Your relationship ends at the start of it. And that is what hurts most in the current state. No more missions or moments with them, no ways to show affection or intimacy as you continue tru the city stories none of them will be impacted by your relationship.
OR just paste those commands to the male V save file.
.(Game.AddDebugFact(q115_judy_romance_chosen)
sq027_judy_lover or sq027_judy_sex
sq027_judy_relationship
Bam Shazam Judy will be bi soon or lather...got high hope in mod community. This is not REALITY!! Its a game.

I really don't understand how the ability to turn off preferences would negativly affect your gameplay, if you like it how it is now just IGNORE that option but let other people have a fun and happy ending...

OR just paste those commands to the male V save file.
.(Game.AddDebugFact(q115_judy_romance_chosen)
sq027_judy_lover or sq027_judy_sex
sq027_judy_relationship
Bam Shazam Judy will be bi soon or lather...got high hope in mod community. This is not REALITY!! Its a game.

I really don't understand how the ability to turn off preferences would negativly affect your gameplay, if you like it how it is now just IGNORE that option but let other people have a fun and happy ending...
I don't think you read what I wrote about the character, the definitive factor of sexuality in her character is woven into her story and who she is, turning this off and just have her date a guy breaks any narrative logic. And I do take issue with being so lazy and sloppy with how characters are defined, who would ever wanna be invested in any character or their ideals if those are able to be flipped at any chance just to accommodate me? That is not how you make an iconic personality. And you can toss the its not reality its a game but it is reality for the writers and developers that spend months getting to those decisions and having them reflect reality. Those people carefully chose what and who the characters are. I get that it doesn't matter to you because you have no larger interest in how these choices are made. But it really does matter to many people. I wouldn't ever want to change a straight character to bi or gay to accommodate someone if that character was defined as straight by the author same for any gay or bi character respectively.

I couldn't care less what modders do, that is your freedom to choose what you turn the character into in files and your screen, I really have no issue with that. I do take issue with making such lazy solutions and make them part of the main game and basically canon. To me the writers and authors would be insulting themselves with such option. And they would be wise to simply include more options for those that feel left out by their decision in future content.

Last edited:
Kinda whatever for me. I actually didn't enjoy how integral the romance quests were to the story of the game in general. How all these people you meet as a friend for hire all become a romance option. It feels very half baked.

Imagine meeting the 4 main characters in a video-game and BOOM they all have FEELINGS for you. :|

If the people want Judy to be romanceable by a male, then I think this might be a job for modders. I don't think CDPR should rewrite their characters personalities in any way.

Regarding the romanceable options, I dunno what I might have missed, since I stayed true to Judy as fem/trans V and aborted other romance options because RP and such. But I wonder... since I think I had the options to make moves on Kerry and River. What Panam might have said after I could've maybe explored a move in the shack during the sandstorm, I dunno but it seemed a lot more reasonable and "in character" to not do and just enjoy the time. Panam is like a very close friend or elder sister/family member in the game for my V.

I dunno I was able to Kiss/make a move on Kerry on the rooftop where he hosted a party together with Us Cracks, which he grew pretty fond of. and then later on the boat of the producer which we destroyed later on.

And with River during the family time where he showed me his special place. (at the watertower?)

I dunno if I could've explored Claire a bit more after/during the final race.

... maybe I should find older saves and look at the other options xD

Top Bottom