ADD options "turn off romance preference"

+
If CDPR Is going full on politicly correct then No Option or choice should be blocked!!

If im a male V and want judy i should have that choice!
If i am a Female V and want panam then i should have the choice!
Its a game...let people have fun with no one saying No...
We have enough of that nonsense in reality!!

If CDPR Is going full on politicly correct then No Option or choice should be blocked!!

I know what you mean and I think I can understand your reasoning. But what I miss and don't think "people" understand - this is character-writing. It's art kind of like in literature. Characters are developed, written with everything in mind and this makes them so good in this game. Yes the story/quests etc need more "flesh" in the sense - they should be more developed and explored.
When you write and care for characters, you can't "just alter" them because they fit in this story and world as they do. And the integrity of their actions are what makes them themselves.

What I might be able to believe or doable if you "make all the right choices" as V in the Storylines of a character, then you might be able to turn the romanceable options head around, because you are you and she/he loves you for this. But this is just a very vague way and more of a cop out, which i'm not really that much on board with.

This whole thing is ironic to a certain point. I don't know what is going on here but did people forget about Mass Effect, Dragon Age and many other games that have gender specific romance options? Seriously?

What? Politicaly Correct? making a character have his/her own sexual preference because it will make them more interesting and will add depth is PC now? WTF is that logic?

Am sorry but the irony in your response is that your demanding demeanor exactly represents the politically correct crowd you seem to have an issue with. Change this character to how I want them to be, it is a video game and you shouldn't make any restrictions based on sexuality! (while demanding all to be bi basically)
And while there is much nonsense in reality, people rejecting you based on sexuality isn't nonsense

And I'll give you a template as to where such ideas lead, look at marvel and DC. They listened to you, they turned straight characters bi or gay or trans and switched them to accommodate any possible desire of that crowd and none of them are happy and none of the elder fans that abandoned the ship when it happened. And no one cares nowadays at all and its sinking, because those characters have no integrity. You will then have people demanding she be fat or disabled or black or whatever the hell else if they see that the team is so willing to just alter them on a whim.

So no, authors and writers should stick to their guns and horses and not let others take the seat. It is them that originally made these characters so impactful due to their choices and execution and wishing to alter that shows a disconnect and lack of understanding for their vision.

So saying "no" is nonsense to you?

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
I get it, it’s who she is, but how come there’s total garbage tier looking characters for Male V? Also, why do both of the dolls look like absolute trash? The chick (Skye) has the jowls of a geriatric,, and the gay one looks like a tub of lard.
lol I think that's how cdpr designs certain people. Make them look as believably average as possible.

I personally like it to be kept this way. I was bummed out at 1st when Judy rejected male V of course. But it showed a lot more depth to it not long after, during the scuba quest. It made it feel so much less of a shoehorned, pandering aspect like how AC Odyssey/Valhalla did it and made Judy's character feel genuine.

These lines and profound backstory that gives you a little peek into how they have that strong sexual preference among other details is actually pretty neat. I like RPing as a horndog in most games that offer that option, but I like strong character-building more.

Gotta say this feels like the 1st time I've been rejected in a video game tho. Any of you got any experiences?

Last edited:
lol I think that's how cdpr designs certain people. Make them look as believably average as possible.

I think I personally like it to be kept this way. I was bummed out at 1st when she rejected male V of course. But it showed more depth to it not long after, during the scuba quest. It made it feel so much less of a shoehorned, pandering aspect like how AC Odyssey/Valhalla did it and made Judy's character feel genuine.

These lines and profound backstory that gives you a little peek into how they have that strong sexual preferences among other details is actually pretty neat. I like RPing as a horndog in most games that offer that option, but I like strong character-building more.

Gotta say this feels like the 1st time I've been rejected in a video game tho. Any of you got any experiences?
Same, I feel like having these characters having their own preferences and all that gives them a level of authenticity as if they were real people with different drives and all that. The only thing that bothers me is that there aren't really a lot of options.

Same, I feel like having these characters having their own preferences and all that gives them a level of authenticity as if they were real people with different drives and all that. The only thing that bothers me is that there aren't really a lot of options.

That's what most players are asking for: more in depth romance (adding content AFTER you bang someone like dates, move in with them... etc) and add more options in the future through Expansions like they did with TW 3.

No, this is a terrible idea. It will make people who love this rage, media will have a field day on how CDPR is removing LGBTQ representation and so many things. On the other hand, we can ask CDPR to ADD more romantic options in the future, through updates and Expansions (like they did with TW 3 expansions). Like add two new Love Interests for each gender and make romance more interesting instead of a one off thing (this reminds me of ME series, where you bang before the last mission but at least there was work and progress to do there. In CP77 there is nothing) and work on improving things and characters too. For example, Stout seemed to have a big role in the game and her romance would have some effects but it got cut short like most things in this game.
You do have some work. My friend was female V and failed to woo Panam into a relationship. He didn't hit the right dialogs. I did. You know you did, when you can do a drink to boobs. When Saul says that dumb joke. The game even gives you a option to cancel the relationships all the way up to the sex scene. *Shocker* I stopped Panam's advances. And kept my V straight. I want to experience the game a different way. Each time I play it. So my first runs with the Male and Female V. I keep them straight. Than later do the others.

I keep saying this. You want a certain character. They just need to enable gender swapping. And become their required body type. Work for your romance option. Not make everyone like everything. That's a cop out and boring. Add more romances, cool. No problem with that. I'd want more options. Just not everyone likes to screw everything. Cyberpunk is about sexual fetishes. There should be characters that require large/small penis/breasts. And other body types to be romanced.

Last edited:

I personally like it to be kept this way. I was bummed out at 1st when Judy rejected male V of course. But it showed a lot more depth to it not long after, during the scuba quest. It made it feel so much less of a shoehorned, pandering aspect like how AC Odyssey/Valhalla did it and made Judy's character feel genuine.

These lines and profound backstory that gives you a little peek into how they have that strong sexual preference among other details is actually pretty neat. I like RPing as a horndog in most games that offer that option, but I like strong character-building more.

I couldn't agree more on your comments regarding Judy's backstory, and thank you for it. It show how thought out and diverse each character is in their personality and traits. Nothing got me so engaged in this world like her and the romance with her. I honestly didn't expect this part to be so impactful when I started the game, and many people will extend similar sentiment to Panam, River or Kerry.
But as you go the world sort of lets you define your goals and hopes while going tru it, and at some point while driving I was killing pedestrians in shock if Judy sent a text or called, everything else was secondary. It's why I decided to never use the fast travel in city for quest objectives since those seem to limit calls and messages and I was afraid to miss any from her.

Am not one to play dating sim games so I wouldn't know what standards they meet. The current state left many of us wanting for more ways to interact and talk and be intimate in our relationship. Their impact on us should be felt in our decisions and quests and they should be included in it since we decided to take this journey with them. And whatever I did to end up on that roof with Johnny or wherever, I only wanted to spend more time with her, but was left with nothing to do or interact in any meaningful way. So well, the crusade for more depth in romance continues!

I can get behind this, as long as an option to turn off all romance options period, also exists. I am not interested in that in the slightest with any NPC.

I have managed to put about 90 hours in and have avoided all romance by selecting the answers that I think will keep me out of those situations, but it would be good to know that I can toggle the whole system off and not run the risk of accidentally triggering something I do not want.

Player choice and all that.

Thank you!

I couldn't agree more on your comments regarding Judy's backstory, and thank you for it. It show how thought out and diverse each character is in their personality and traits. Nothing got me so engaged in this world like her and the romance with her. I honestly didn't expect this part to be so impactful when I started the game, and many people will extend similar sentiment to Panam, River or Kerry.
But as you go the world sort of lets you define your goals and hopes while going tru it, and at some point while driving I was killing pedestrians in shock if Judy sent a text or called, everything else was secondary. It's why I decided to never use the fast travel in city for quest objectives since those seem to limit calls and messages and I was afraid to miss any from her.
True that. The characters here, they can sound so comical and extremely stereotypical a lot of times. But at the same time, the kind of words they spew out, grounds them to reality. Almost like I'm talking to a strangely real person that has actual depth and I like to hang out and have meaningful conversations with. It is seriously a shame that I feel like the time spent with them isn't enough.

Like this is beyond preferences already. Even if I get rejected because of my shallow horndog choices, I still want to keep talking to them and hear their profound stories written by CDPR's godly writing team.

Sorry, you can laugh and cringe at me now

Last edited:
I can get behind this, as long as an option to turn off all romance options period, also exists. I am not interested in that in the slightest with any NPC.

I have managed to put about 90 hours in and have avoided all romance by selecting the answers that I think will keep me out of those situations, but it would be good to know that I can toggle the whole system off and not run the risk of accidentally triggering something I do not want.

Player choice and all that.

Thank you!
You are absolutely not forced into any romance in the game as it is right now. Don't worry, you don't have to worry about seeing any affection in your game.

d hell you talking about?! :D :D
Look, my main point is that if you allow yourself to meet her on her ground and understand who she is. You will find out that her virtues and personality is her true beauty, and if you realize that in shaping those her orientation played a role you will understand that you wouldn't want to change her sexuality in fear of losing such an amazing combination of traits and outcome that is in front of you in her.

And if you say you hated playing as female V while giving it just 2 hours. This seems to be your personal gripe and I hope for you that you can overcome it and it will give you more enjoyment eventually. Try see your character as a vessel for your experience but not as yourself if that helps.

You are absolutely not forced into any romance in the game as it is right now. Don't worry, you don't have to worry about seeing any affection in your game.

That is good to know. My only concern here would be that opening up more romance options would give more situations for making an undesired choice.

I suppose I could leave the romance options as default, and navigate as I am currently, but if they are going to spend dev time to open up more choices, this would be another one I think they could easily add.

Thanks for your reply.

Top Bottom