ADD options "turn off romance preference"

+
True that. The characters here, they can sound so comical and extremely stereotypical a lot of times. But at the same time, the kind of words they spew out, grounds them to reality. Almost like I'm talking to a strangely real person that has actual depth and I like to hang out and have meaningful conversations with. It is seriously a shame that I feel like the time spent with them isn't enough.

Like this is beyond preferences already. Even if I get rejected because of my shallow horndog choices, I still want to keep talking to them and hear their profound stories written by CDPR's godly writing team.

Sorry, you can laugh and cringe at me now
Don't sell yourself short choom, there is nothing cringe or laughable about your views and love for good writing or characters!
:cool:

That is good to know. My only concern here would be that opening up more romance options would give more situations for making an undesired choice.

I suppose I could leave the romance options as default, and navigate as I am currently, but if they are going to spend dev time to open up more choices, this would be another one I think they could easily add.

Thanks for your reply.

Don't worry, romantic choices or flirty ones are marked with "lips" icon and to romance anyone you have a set of requirement and you need to make the RIGHT choices to be able to romance them.
Post automatically merged:

You do have some work. My friend was female V and failed to woo Panam into a relationship. He didn't hit the right dialogs. I did. You know you did, when you can do a drink to boobs. When Saul says that dumb joke. The game even gives you a option to cancel the relationships all the way up to the sex scene. *Shocker* I stopped Panam's advances. And kept my V straight. I want to experience the game a different way. Each time I play it. So my first runs with the Male and Female V. I keep them straight. Than later do the others.

I keep saying this. You want a certain character. They just need to enable gender swapping. And become their required body type. Work for your romance option. Not make everyone like everything. That's a cop out and boring. Add more romances, cool. No problem with that. I'd want more options. Just not everyone likes to screw everything. Cyberpunk is about sexual fetishes. There should be characters that require large/small penis/breasts. And other body types to be romanced.

My point is, the romance should be more active and engaging. Remember DA Origins. Each time you give someone a gift they like, the relationship goes higher and (If I recall correctly) unlocks more unique dialogue options and quests. This is something I want, not just picking the right options.

Last edited:
Don't worry, romantic choices or flirty ones are marked with "lips" icon and to romance anyone you have a set of requirement and you need to make the RIGHT choices to be able to romance them.

I do not recall having seen any lip icons in any conversations, so perhaps I am navigating the conversations correctly.

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: Maybe there was a lip icon in some conversations and I just forgot or knew to avoid that choice. Or was spamming F to try and pick up items instead of paying attention to what the NPC was saying and chose the top/default reply.

I do not recall having seen any lip icons in any conversations, so perhaps I am navigating the conversations correctly.

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: Maybe there was a lip icon in some conversations and I just forgot or knew to avoid that choice. Or was spamming F to try and pick up items instead of paying attention to what the NPC was saying and chose the top/default reply.
The lip icons refer to map locations you will see them on the map, 2, one male and female joytoy, there are 2 more that are hidden and those involve high class joytoys that will cost you lot more.

This conversation will need to remain focused on adding options to make NPCs' sexuality more maleable in order to cater to player's choices.

Members are not permitted to discuss issued of real-world sexual identity.

This is a thin line to walk, and already, we've had some of the discussion take several steps over. If that continues, the thread will eventually be closed.

The lip icons refer to map locations you will see them on the map, 2, one male and female joytoy, there are 2 more that are hidden and those involve high class joytoys that will cost you lot more.

Thank you for the clarification. I have seen the lip icons on the map, and I am aware of the joytoys and what they are about. The conversations with them have an "eddy" icon, so thankfully those choices are pretty clear.

I was more referring to the NPCs you meet in game and have more in depth interactions with. E.G. Panam, River, Judy, Elizabeth, etc. I do not recall any indicators on the conversations with them, other than the occasional response tied to a player stat. Is it possible that I have managed to stay on the "friend" side of the conversations and that I have not been presented with the romance options?

I say that because I do not recall any lip options in conversations with those or similar NPCs, though I also could have just not seen them them.

Thank you for your reply.

they say this is a free open world game, but there are so many things that are limited.
Sexual orientation and options,
buildings that can get inside,
interactions with extras and romance characters,
battles in front of the police,
The ability to create something or use it Odds and Ends,

Thank you for the clarification. I have seen the lip icons on the map, and I am aware of the joytoys and what they are about. The conversations with them have an "eddy" icon, so thankfully those choices are pretty clear.

I was more referring to the NPCs you meet in game and have more in depth interactions with. E.G. Panam, River, Judy, Elizabeth, etc. I do not recall any indicators on the conversations with them, other than the occasional response tied to a player stat. Is it possible that I have managed to stay on the "friend" side of the conversations and that I have not been presented with the romance options?

I say that because I do not recall any lip options in conversations with those or similar NPCs, though I also could have just not seen them them.

Oh my choom in terms of that you will have to be smart as to read their reactions and responses, know what to ask and what not to. For example with Judy's quest at some point based on what you choose she will present 3 different reactions and one of those will lock you out of romancing her entirely. But i don't ever recall a lips icon in conversation with them, maybe I missed it. So for you I don't think there is any way with them to know before hand what your choice will result in aside from the moment they are in your face trying to kiss you, you can pretty much only guess what will happen in terms of your options.

Some characters will wish to date you, others won't and only joytoys give that straight forward direct approach. In case of Judy she will let you know she is into girls, in case of Palmer she will let you know very early on too that she prefers guys if you ask specific bits and try get close. You haven't friend zoned yourself to the ones interested in you atm, you will know if you did based on a stern reaction from them.

I see alot of people saying they couldn't romance anyone, it's because of the conversation choices you made. I was able to but didn't romance Kerry and did romance Panam and Rogue (Rouge obviously didn't work out).

I also didn't select Genitals, but have a male Character. I don't think any of those choices mean anything. It's the choices you make in game and conversation choices that matter.

There is a better way I think:

Here is a link to a romance guide: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-romance-guide-all-romances/

It has all the Love Interests and a detailed description of each option you should pick to romance someone. This will help you avoid selecting any of the choices.

Have fun playing CP77 and enjoy your time. Happy Xmas btw.

To be honest , yeah, the romance options are SO LIMITED. I did not like the personality and behavior of PANAM but I was forced to "love" her since I had a hetero-male- traditional-style main hero ... And Meredith is a whore for a one night stand, so ...What to do? The only great thing of the Panam Romance option is the cool quests you go in with her

Can you please add the option to turn off sexual preferences in the next patch? Everyone will be happy!! 80%
players will greatly appreciate it!
You know, this was a really missed point for CDPR, I'm all cool with sexual preferences as I was cool with Ashley ranting about god in ME or Samantha being only a romance choice for femshep.

Games have their own paths, but things is that with samantha you cold feel that it was ok to leave her as is, so while it may have been interesting to have her as a companion for maleshep it was well put how she was laid as an ally for him instead of a fleshed out romantic interest, this doesn't really happen with Judy and what I mean on missed point is that, they could've made a mission that brought you together closer with judy instead of aldecaldos / diving but without making you romance her, it's all good you get to know a bit more about her by joining her on her hobby but there were other hobbies on her appartment that could've been used or even her BD artistry, personality wise Panam gets the better of Judy but that's only because they just show someone that as Johnny very well puts it "is all over the place" could've made her a much more interesting character (hey now, not saying she isn't, she just feels... incomplete)

To be honest , yeah, the romance options are SO LIMITED. I did not like the personality and behavior of PANAM but I was forced to "love" her since I had a hetero-male- traditional-style main hero ... And Meredith is a whore for a one night stand, so ...What to do? The only great thing of the Panam Romance option is the cool quests you go in with her
Ahhh, another wasted chance there with meredith, I'll summarize my thoughts in "they could've been the best or one of the best POWER couples for a corpo V (disregard gender here, it'd be nonconsecuential) ", another unfinished character Meredith, as for Panam, she annoys the hell out of me but felt more fleshed out than the rest, well maybe not more so than River

You know, this was a really missed point for CDPR, I'm all cool with sexual preferences as I was cool with Ashley ranting about god in ME or Samantha being only a romance choice for femshep.

Games have their own paths, but things is that with samantha you cold feel that it was ok to leave her as is, so while it may have been interesting to have her as a companion for maleshep it was well put how she was laid as an ally for him instead of a fleshed out romantic interest, this doesn't really happen with Judy and what I mean on missed point is that, they could've made a mission that brought you together closer with judy instead of aldecaldos / diving but without making you romance her, it's all good you get to know a bit more about her by joining her on her hobby but there were other hobbies on her appartment that could've been used or even her BD artistry, personality wise Panam gets the better of Judy but that's only because they just show someone that as Johnny very well puts it "is all over the place" could've made her a much more interesting character (hey now, not saying she isn't, she just feels... incomplete)

Ahhh, another wasted chance there with meredith, I'll summarize my thoughts in "they could've been the best or one of the best POWER couples for a corpo V (disregard gender here, it'd be nonconsecuential) ", another unfinished character Meredith, as for Panam, she annoys the hell out of me but felt more fleshed out than the rest, well maybe not more so than River
Great point, and while I feel that Judy's personality and presentation are perfect I can see how much more benefit it would be for a more deeper understanding of the character to give them a more structured story and events that lead us all to connect with them better even if we don't end up romancing them. My main wish is for them to give us more ways to interact and get close to those character before the main romance/friendship choices and after when you actually start to romance the character.

It is a great point that says that we could have been so much closer to the characters we couldn't date (because of their preference) if we just had more ways to enjoy their company as true friends. The fact that we couldn't romance them would feel way less as an impactful drawback since those people we could still keep in our life and story and stay close to them.

Thank you for your comment, worth noting, really insightful!

Great point, and while I feel that Judy's personality and presentation are perfect I can see how much more benefit it would be for a more deeper understanding of the character to give them a more structured story and events that lead us all to connect with them better even if we don't end up romancing them. My main wish is for them to give us more ways to interact and get close to those character before the main romance/friendship choices and after when you actually start to romance the character.

It is a great point that says that we could have been so much closer to the characters we couldn't date (because of their preference) if we just had more ways to enjoy their company as true friends. The fact that we couldn't romance them would feel way less as an impactful drawback since those people we could still keep in our life and story and stay close to them.

Thank you for your comment, worth noting, really insightful!

Exactly my main wish as well!

Characters are really well written but after my second time wrapping the game they feel a tad bit empty, or more akin to rushed scenarios.

The diving part with Judy was great but felt a bit lackluster since you only get a really small glimpse of who she was as a child and I was expecting it to go further (on knowing more of her background) after V almost died underwater, even the aldecaldos stuff with panam felt so, again, rushed.

River felt a bit more fleshed out because you see his family and then go back to see them later and keep talking about just life in general and how they'll try to overcome everything, it even felt a small bit like a garrus-shep bro moment but then just skip jump to the end and find out he's aiming to become a smuggler/weapon trader in the endings? (best choice for river IMO if they don't give YOU the option to deal with Pan yourself, would've loved that)

they say this is a free open world game, but there are so many things that are limited.
well.. that's exactly what it is. An Open-World with limitations. Every single game has it's limitations, There is just no such thing as an open-world game that has unlimited options in existence unless maybe MMOs. No game has every single door open to them. Or has every single person romanceable. This company balances what they think is meaningful to the game and it's design philosophies and leave out none sensical things like empty rooms with no stories to tell. Or shallow characters with 0 depth that just want to bang literally anything that moves*cough*AC Odyssey/Valhalla*cough*. This game doesn't do that. It has its own priorities and demographic and that comes 1st.

Last edited:
If CDPR Is going full on politicly correct then No Option or choice should be blocked!!

If im a male V and want judy i should have that choice!
If i am a Female V and want panam then i should have the choice!
Its a game...let people have fun with no one saying No...
We have enough of that nonsense in reality!!

It is true it is a game, but even in a game there must be stakes. Judy was created like this and she is a fantastic character, with her personality and her love tendencies, like yours. Therefore changing it would diminish the character and this goes for Panam or River or Kelly. In every game there are these stakes and rightly so.

I understand Some sexual Preferences like their kinks portrayed in a game, thats cool. Inquisisiton was the first game i played where i created a female character to romance sera. Not opposed to it. in fact i enjoy it. But thinking of replayablity. When mods came out for DA Inquisition that allowed males to romance sera it was fresh to play through it. i have 4000 hrs in that game. The witcher series added TRISS as a love interest, Not based on lore but player choice... Choice is good it adds replayability and keeps the game alive.

Trust me i have this games future in mind. I have almost 140hrs so far and still playing. It will be added either by CDPR or modders..

Top Bottom