• A filter for factions you wish to play against

• The option to accept or reject the match-up

• Neither

• Both

• A filter added only to Casual Mode

• Add a filter for factions but lesson the rewards gained

• Add a filter to casual mode but lesson the rewards gained

Results are only viewable after voting.
A couple of posts deleted. Being rude towards other is against the rules, and it's a good idea to report rude posts instead of replying to them.

Guest 4398794

I get it now, many here likes to be frustrated by a game, I guess.
I tough games are about to have fun. But nvm.

I get it now, many here likes to be frustrated by a game, I guess.
I tough games are about to have fun.

Introducing a blacklist system isn't solving the problem, it's avoiding it. Instead, I rather see the issue being addressed at its roots. Regardless, not all games are about fun or, at least, not all the time. If you really want a sense of accomplishment then you probably have to go through some frustrating experience first. Some achievements are even made this way and are only meant for the die-hard fans. I don't think anyone truly want to be frustrated, but many will pay that price nonetheless to get something they want.

Guest 4398794

Introducing a blacklist system isn't solving the problem, it's avoiding it. Instead, I rather see the issue being addressed at its roots.

In my experience this type of issues will never be addressed properly, just will be changing in a nother frustrating way.
So IMO, avoiding it is not that bad. Especially in MMO games, if somthing is a chore, players will just quit and in a matchmaking game you need players, less players means longer queos, which leads to even more quitting .

You don't have to implement anything.... but if this frustration level will grow on even more players then it is know, well I hope my prophecy winter come true and the game stays alive for many years to come.

In my experience this type of issues will never be addressed properly, just will be changing in a nother frustrating way.
So IMO, avoiding it is not that bad. Especially in MMO games, if somthing is a chore, players will just quit and in a matchmaking game you need players, less players means longer queos, which leads to even more quitting .

You don't have to implement anything.... but if this frustration level will grow on even more players then it is know, well I hope my prophecy winter come true and the game stays alive for many years to come.

I believe, more players will quit if competitive game is made easy and boring. I would.
Frustration is bad for games. But working for accomplishment is great.

I guess Dark Souls series proves it? It's hard but fair hard.

Here is multiplayer game, so it's fair hard. And I feel accomplishment when win with decks like this.

Guest 4398794

I believe, more players will quit if competitive game is made easy and boring. I would.
Frustration is bad for games. But working for accomplishment is great.

I guess Dark Souls series proves it? It's hard but fair hard.

Here is multiplayer game, so it's fair hard. And I feel accomplishment when win with decks like this.
W8 don't compare Dark souls ,which is a skill based game, to a card game which is RNG based. It's not even close.
And I guess you assume that I want the ban option to be permanent.
No , I want to have an option to toggle it if I.feel to, with a reward reduction ofc too. Like in many other games, it called easy mode, you know ... to have fun and enjoy to environment and not the grind.

Being able to decline every match at whim is a bit too much, but I think some form of banning mechanic would not break the game, even on ladder. There are what? 6 factions/[Edit:] 42 leader abilities? We shouldn't overdo it of course, but banning 1 or 2, Warcraft 3 style, before you enter the matchmaking is NOT a terrible idea. Honestly, even banning a faction doesn't seem that bad (bye NG).

It would not waste anyone's time, because it would be done and applied before matchmaking system starts searching for an opponent, so no one would be the wiser. Whether or not it increases the winrates of a hypothetical deck doesn't matter, because being available to all, it would increase/decrease them equally across the board. And if you're sitting there can't find a game for an hour... well, take a hint then and switch to a less annoying faction/deck :D

And banning something that isn't fun to play against in unranked should be a standard feature, imo.

Guest 4398794

Being able to decline every match at whim is a bit too much, but I think some form of banning mechanic would not break the game, even on ladder. There are what? 6 factions/[Edit:] 42 leader abilities? We shouldn't overdo it of course, but banning 1 or 2, Warcraft 3 style, before you enter the matchmaking is NOT a terrible idea. Honestly, even banning a faction doesn't seem that bad (bye NG).

It would not waste anyone's time, because it would be done and applied before matchmaking system starts searching for an opponent, so no one would be the wiser. Whether or not it increases the winrates of a hypothetical deck doesn't matter, because being available to all, it would increase/decrease them equally across the board. And if you're sitting there can't find a game for an hour... well, take a hint then and switch to a less annoying faction/deck :D

And banning something that isn't fun to play against in unranked should be a standard feature, imo.
He understands it :ok:

W8 don't compare Dark souls ,which is a skill based game, to a card game which is RNG based. It's not even close.

OK. There's the TOTAL basic difference. We will not understand each other I guess.

Skills, like thinking, bluffing, etc. are skills for me too. Not jsut fast mashing buttons. Even more important for me.

So yes, I believe Gwent is totally skill based. Even more than Dark Soul, I believe you need to spend much more time thinking, researching and trying ideas, to make good competitive deck.

About RNG? It's almost to minimum now. You can thin down deck almost to nothing. Each game you have in hand at least for a while almost all cards.

Bad draws are happening, good too, but it's not always game deciding and what you will do with them depends on your skill.

There are few RNG plays in Gwint ("I'm looking at you, bribery") and I dont like them but in general, for real, Gwent is mostly skill based, not RNG based.

Also, are you offend bridge, poker here? You believe they are RNG based, not skill based? Just... Argh.

Guest 4398794

OK. There's the TOTAL basic difference. We will not understand each other I guess.

Skills, like thinking, bluffing, etc. are skills for me too. Not jsut fast mashing buttons. Even more important for me.

So yes, I believe Gwent is totally skill based. Even more than Dark Soul, I believe you need to spend much more time thinking, researching and trying ideas, to make good competitive deck.

About RNG? It's almost to minimum now. You can thin down deck almost to nothing. Each game you have in hand at least for a while almost all cards.

Bad draws are happening, good too, but it's not always game deciding and what you will do with them depends on your skill.

There are few RNG plays in Gwint ("I'm looking at you, bribery") and I dont like them but in general, for real, Gwent is mostly skill based, not RNG based.

Also, are you offend bridge, poker here? You believe they are RNG based, not skill based? Just... Argh.
Let's clear this thing out.

1st. I didn't said you don't need skill for gwent, but it is based on RNG.

2and. You brought up Dark souls, which is indeed a really hard SKILL based game, nit like any other game with "button smash".

3rd. Knowledge is not a skill.
Yes bluff is kind of a skill, but doing research.... well that not skill either.
For example: you can be a high iq smart guy, but having no skill in anything at all.
Again knowledge is not a skill, is an attribute.
Same stands for stupid people with low iq ,but still have skills in many things.

4th. Yes every card game, or just every game which has RNG in it ,is RNG based.
That is the thing those games are build upon. It is called "luck" and that is the main factor.
Yes you need knowledge and preparation to make out the maximum from the given luck you got out of RNG, and I don't deny you need some skill too, but that is not the base of the game, the main factor is RNG
I hope you know what ' base ' means.

Not really a fan of this idea tbh, ive seen this option in a lot of games and the moment you give people an option to do this what everyone tends to do is just wait for the "ideal" matchup which tends to make matchmaking a nightmare

I would suggest giving players the option to accept the match against the opponent selected or reject it without being penalized with a loss.

The deeper you think about it, the worse it can get.

Let's say lot of people block Nilfgaard.

The matchmaking has a hard time finding adversaries for Nilfgaardians that are not Nilfgaardians. They end going to the forums complaining about the lack of variety, the queue times...

Let's say you block only abilities. The meta shifts towards decks that are even more efficient due to that block.

Establishing the new meta by block decks! Ends in less variety for the game.

Instead, I rather see the issue being addressed at its roots.

Elaborate?

What is the root problem that is bringing so many players to the forums saying that their long term experience with the game is not being fun at all?

Your next answer could be the best constructive feedback developers can use!

Guest 4398794

Let's say lot of people block Nilfgaard.

The matchmaking has a hard time finding adversaries for Nilfgaardians that are not Nilfgaardians. They end going to the forums complaining about the lack of variety, the queue times...
They should have seen it coming. Abusing a deck or faction which strategy is to annoy the enemy...... they deserve it

Elaborate?

What is the root problem that is bringing so many players to the forums saying that their long term experience with the game is not being fun at all?

Your next answer could be the best constructive feedback developers can use!

If only it were that simple. Let's identify a few key issues, first:
1. Decks that are OP
2. Decks that are perceived to be OP
3. Decks that are annoying to play against

A lot of players that come to the forums/discord to complain do no make a distinction between the 3 issues mentioned above. It's important to make this distinction because all three issues require different solutions. The fist is about balance, the second about experience and the third about enjoyment.

Decks that are OP need to be balanced. That much is obvious, but how depends on the deck and the meta. This is already difficult to solve on its own, not looking at the other two issues. Decks that are perceived to be OP, how do you deal with that? And even more tricky, how do you deal with annoying decks? I could conjure up a half-decent answer, but it's going to go over the character limit and it's not the topic of this thread. So, I rather just leave it at this and return to the topic at hand.

Guest 4398794

1. Niflgard
2. Nilfgard
3. Nilfgard
Yepp, cow carcass for example can go around even defenders and destroys 2 units in one turn with the putback leader ability in hand and play again boosted buy2, since that shyt doesn't even need target

Yepp, cow carcass for example can go around even defenders and destroys 2 units in one turn with the putback leader ability in hand and play again boosted buy2, since that shyt doesn't even need target
Oh gosh, I wonder why every pro player is not playing cow carcass.
Post automatically merged:

I hope you know what ' base ' means.
Hello
I'm not sure if I understand the meaning of things, but still totally not agree with you. Maybe I use "skill" in wrong way, maybe "base" in wrong way. But for me Gwent (pro poker, pro bridge) is NOT rng based, there IS rng in it, but chances that someone good will lose in full match against someone bad in long pro poker game are like 0,00001%. I maybe exaggerating a little, but I saw somewhere numbers and I believe in them (and I work with numbers).

Same Gwent. Untill you are really sure, you didn't make any mistakes (and right now, best Gwent player are still making mistakes, so I guess you do too) you shouldn't blame luck for anything. Luck maybe change something in one game, sometimes in one card (I look at you bribery) but there is no luck in long run here. It just mean your skill is bad whatever you name it.

Ah, and yes, I believe cards like bribery are MUCH to luck dependent. But for real, I don't know any other card that could change most game outcomes just because of luck.

(problem with bribery is, it can be Super bad or super good and you have nothing to do with it. For example, Blind fury can kill all engines, or not. But usually player playing Blind fury, have decision to make - do I play her fast and kill everything, or later and risk it. So it's not luck, it's skill or decision, do I need to be greedy or not. And greedy usually lose. Same thing the defender, he can play around Blindfury playing some more cards before engines - but he will lose overall point score. Again, no luck, mostly skill, for sure in long run like 1 month season.)

Last edited:

Guest 4398794

Oh gosh, I wonder why every pro player is not playing cow carcass.
Post automatically merged:
I don't care about pro players.
Your so called "pro players " are in a different field of the game. They are bored and they use meme decks or the real OP decks.
Yeah NG is nit that TOP, but it ruines lifes in liver not "pro" ranks.
Is not fun.

And again I don't give a damn what they play or not play. The 80% of players I face use it , and is extremely frustrating disgusting and so on......
I don't care about them. Don't say to me again what top players do.

Guest 4375874

I don't care about pro players.
Your so called "pro players " are in a different field of the game. They are bored and they use meme decks or the real OP decks.
Yeah NG is nit that TOP, but it ruines lifes in liver not "pro" ranks.
Is not fun.

And again I don't give a damn what they play or not play. The 80% of players I face use it , and is extremely frustrating disgusting and so on......
I don't care about them. Don't say to me again what top players do.
They don't seem to understand that pro players don't make up the bulk of Gwent players, only a small fraction. I've taken a break from the game and uninstalled it for a while because it's not just NG anymore since the last major update it's also SY's Hidden Cache and SK Lippy decks on repeat. It's just not fun at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom