Additional Balance Tweaks Not On The PTR

+
Additional Balance Tweaks Not On The PTR

Anyone have any inkling as to what these further changes might be?

https://www.gwentdb.com/news/252-ran...-7th-patch-the

It seems kinda daft to open a PTR and give us no patch notes in the first place, but then to release a patch into the live version with extra changes that the community hasn't played with?

Why so opaque? Transparency is required at this time so that major blunders can be picked up by the community before the crapola hits the fan.

Last edited:
I would assume it's just a way of saying that they will be changing things based on player feedback, unlike last time (should go without saying, but you never know). Was also hoping we'd see something new this patch, like the arena mode or something, but I think they'd have said if that was the case.

I mean, the changes have mostly been going in the right direction, so I don't think that the actual patch will be bad, you know? Though the patch seems underwhelming to a lot of people, which I disagree with, I think it's definitely the way to go. I would be surprised if they left Enforcers the way they currently are, given that so many people (including myself) think that this card is too strong. So my guess is that the additional changes will be things that the community brings up and not some kind of sneaky nerf to something that doesn't need it. So chill, buddy.

What I really dislike is the fact this season didn't even last a month (10th of January - 7th of February)... But other than that, at least the changes will probably be good, from what I've seen. Partially at least

CallMeHoot;n10400092 said:
[...]
It seems kinda daft to open a PTR and give us no patch notes in the first place, but then to release a patch into the live version with extra changes that the community hasn't played with?

Why so opaque? Transparency is required at this time so that major blunders can be picked up by the community before the crapola hits the fan.
Why would they make more/different changes than are on the PTR? simple, because PTR should show them which changes are working as expected, and which aren't, allowing them to further adjust. I'm personally hoping a couple of the changes don't make it to live, and a few more are added.

there are some changes that just don't seem to make much sense since they further break things that were already broken, and some things that are oppressive that really weren't addressed. So long as major changes aren't dropping mid season, I don't see the harm in there being some unknowns.

Burza had a show with swim and said like he knows about veteran being op in PTR and further balance is being worked on. He is also aware of greedy consume etc. So cdpr listened. Question is are there answers to all these.

We will see, SK needs some love but yeah the veterans to soldiers is to mutch.
Burza sayed mutch what realy sounded intresting, i hoped they would change a bit more on Slave Drivers and Dwarven Agitators but we will see how it works when the patch goes live.

I think it would be better when Slave Driver creates a bronze unit from the opponent faction instead of the starting deck and Agitators would thin the deck instead of making copies but that would probably make new problems ^^.

Cant wait to see the patch notes.

oOxhaosOo;n10405472 said:
We will see, SK needs some love but yeah the veterans to soldiers is to mutch.
Burza sayed mutch what realy sounded intresting, i hoped they would change a bit more on Slave Drivers and Dwarven Agitators but we will see how it works when the patch goes live.

I think it would be better when Slave Driver creates a bronze unit from the opponent faction instead of the starting deck and Agitators would thin the deck instead of making copies but that would probably make new problems ^^.

Cant wait to see the patch notes.

Veterans being Soldiers isn't the problem, they should be Soldiers, if they don't have that tag, they are useless.

The problem is that Beastmasters are Tuirseach units, and they shouldn't be.

Slave Drivers are a bit of a problem, yes.

Νah, I'd say that's a more general problem. It extends well beyond NG. Elven Scouts too. It's a general problem of the create mechanic and units being able to create other units. There's a reason the bronzes are limited to 3 copies. Now you have these that can give you as many as you'd like. I've seen Slave Drivers create 5 Queensguard, they can play my deck better than I can with those.

I despise slave drivers not only for their ability to put out my bronzes more reliably than I possibly could, but also for their ability to do it higher quantities than I can. With the synergy of Medics, etc, they can put out 3-4x as many of them while robbing me of the ability to replay my own... both of those cards need some limits

Making Elven Scouts and Slave Drivers "Doomed" would solve a lot of problems. Sure, it wouldn't solve the RNG factor, but it would mean that the opponent could only use them 3 times, as intended.

Void_Singer;n10406722 said:
I despise slave drivers not only for their ability to put out my bronzes more reliably than I possibly could, but also for their ability to do it higher quantities than I can. With the synergy of Medics, etc, they can put out 3-4x as many of them while robbing me of the ability to replay my own... both of those cards need some limits

Same feelings here. Lately I've been playing NG Reveal (pure variation) with and without spotters. And Slave Drivers fuck me everytime either by revealing daerlans (only triggers when reveal by youself) or using my spotter on revealed knight or Sasha. I mean it's just ridiculous. I mean, in order to get this interaction I need to draw spotter, knight or S., reveal it and only then I'll be able to play my spots. But SD just play 1card with no setup a date get thick spotter +2. Great. Same goes for daerlans. I either forced them to play earlier which is suboptimal or being stuck with 4str dead card.

Maybe, SD should create opposite faction units that is NOT in opponent deck. Basically, like Elven Scouts. Current nerf by 1 point dont fix anything.

i hope bears from beastmaster are no longer cursed, and slave driver create units from oponent faction not his deck.
And make silverspies at least 15points !

Last edited:
OG.laloquaint;n10412122 said:
I don't know why nobody every brings up Winch. I find that card terribly annoying. ):

I did mate. I actually explained why you can't put Create on a card that has that little outs, because it is effectively no RNG; It is 'prediction' - comparable to the dwarven agitator abuse only worse in my opinion.
But how little do I know, I'm just a random neckbeard that noticed and evaluated that, less than 1 week of the patch being live, nothing that a crew whose job that is could be capable of.

Top Bottom