Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

+
Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

Has anyone found the additional weapons especially useful against a particular enemy? No matter what, I almost always just use one of my swords, especially since I've spent so much time upgrading both the swords and my swordfighting skills, so switching to a dagger is never appealling to me.

The torch can be nice of lighting places without using a cat potion, but the best thing about it, is that it kills plants faster. That can be done with the fire sign too...There is a finishing move where you use a dagger to kill someone, while fighting with your sword, no effect just for show...So not really...

kdar

Forum veteran
One in my game, Witcher used his dagger to finish some one off.I casted Aard sign (the first one).. The enemy fell the the ground. and my Witcher put down his sword, took out his dagger and stabbed the guy many times.It was very cool.Too bad it only happened once.

I think there is some thinking possible, reading monster definitions and then using for exemple an axe for plant (Never tested, will do and tell you...) Or for exemple using poisenous dagger, hitting some enemies then switching to Metal sword finishing poisened enemies. For Salamandras it works quite well, especially when you knock them all out with Aard sign before changing the weapon.

One of the devs stated that axes are mainly intended for shattering the shields of enemies that wield them. I tried it once or twice, and it does work, but I didnt find it very useful (you mostly encounter armored opponents in act V , and by then my Igni sign was so powerful that I finished them quickly enough - and en masse, I might add -

Once I went around killing salamander thugs using a huge one handed hammer, I must say the hammer was pretty good. It was sure to knock the opponent down every 2 hits. I guess additional weapons can be pretty helpful, i.e you can apply different blade coatings on all 3 swords to be used against different type of opponents.

Cool. I was just wondering if I was missing something since I'm using my swords 99% of the time.

I haven't ever used any of the non-witcher weapons for real combat, nor do I see any reason to. I occasionaly use the bottom right weapon slot to store a second witcher's metal blade - different coating, etc.

The dagger finishing moves and other cool death sword moves seem to vanish or become rare after you start act 3. Short of annoying. :'(

Haha, i have used:Axe - to take off all the shields, that was for fun, you would be better off just kill them, as it takes an awful long time.Tourch - I used a torch for a finishing move on those acid exploding monster, it was funny, I recommend you to try it and watch the movement.Dagger - Not finishing move, but just happy poking away for fun, not as funny as the other two weapons I have tried.Overall, they are all pretty, well, not very useful.

i use:DMG silver sword, Disarm/Bleed steel, dmg/armor steel, and a daggeri use everything but the dagger...but i do bust it out for fun sometimes

Nope, never used those. Don't see the point if you've got all those nice styles with their awesome animations and finishing moves.

The sword given to you by Foltest after you break the Striga curse is very good... also I have used the rune dagger on some monster just for fun... all in all the other weapons are just for fun :)

ive only ever used the swords, and signs..i pick up the toher weapons just so i can sell them.

You know that you can make zerrikans bombs right? Funny thing is, I forgot to learn how to make them and couldn`t find book about it later on so I was never able to make them :)

Okay, I know to use my silver sword on monsters and my steel sword, Harvall, on humans, Dwarves, Elves, and wolves. What do you use the axe or hammer, etc., for?

The can be used on human and monster, axes and hammers do more damage on certain humans and monsters, also good against plants and other things, depending on what, but you can't use witcher style with these weapons,I almost never used hammers and axes, but Geral looked more fearful with more weapons on him ;D

Top Bottom