Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

+
I use the axe or e3ven the torch against echinopsae as either are much more efficient than the witcher's swords

There for the lulz.Nah, they can be used against the ecinops (torch) for example. I just usually went with the looks. It just fits Geralt to have a knife/dagger somewhere.Also it makes him look like a weapon merchant... If every other weapon slot is full, he's carrying a lot of metal with him.I admit I have never used the additional weapons in combat, the witcher swords are usually fine.

Some of these hovels his love interests live in get cold.. very cold.. So b4 the deed can get done, someone has to chop the firewood... ::)

Hey everyone. What is with this little axe (small weapon type) that pops up now and then in the Witcher (1.3) ???? It has no name nor stats on mouse-over. I found it most recently in Act III, swamp, in one of the houses. And once before in Act V (dunno where). Anyone ever picked it up / sold it / used it? Its not on the wiki...Light brown handle, simple hatchet-style design (sorry, no pics available)...Anyone found it too?

is it on this list ? That's all the ones i've found so far and their stats / prices (i think i'm only missing one price -- if anyone knows, feel free to let me know!)cheers! :wave:

gamewidow said:
is it on this list ? That's all the ones i've found so far and their stats / prices (i think i'm only missing one price -- if anyone knows, feel free to let me know!)cheers! :wave:
Sorry, I should have said earlier - not found on the wiki!All weapons (and items) usually pop up a box showing its name and stats etc on mouse-over. This one does NOT. I have seen it only twice and only after patching to 1.3. It simply has no name nor any pop-up! Looks like a pretty weak weapon, but seems a incomplete / leftover item from production of the game. I saw it (i think) in Act V as well at Act II. I'll go back to the swamp and pick it up if you want.Cheers! ;D

then pretty please take a screen shot next time you see it :) ... and if you can, tell me exactly where it was, and i'll load one of my games and see if i can find it as well. (It might matter what path you chose, so also let me know which major decisions you've done and what you chose -- i.e. did you kill Abigail, did you side with the Elves, that sort of thing)i need a visual! :peace:

Here is a 3rd person pers. of geralt carrying the weapon, and the inventory shot of it too.Now, as I said this puny axe has NO popup.

thanks for that, Chuckles :)i'll be sure to look for it ... i've gotten a bit sloppy about searching every house these days as i know where all the stuff i want generally is, i could easily have missed it. I'm not sure i ever killed the elves over the goods AND helped them in the swamp though ;) ... i've tended to be all one side or the other for the most part, and my neutral runs are pretty elf-friendly ;) (personal bias i guess!)

I tend to think the sideweapons are mostly ropleplaying elements, yeah. It appeals to me to be an axe-wielding lunatic, for exampe.

LifeHurts said:
I tend to think the sideweapons are mostly ropleplaying elements, yeah. It appeals to me to be an axe-wielding lunatic, for exampe.
Of course the sideweapons are roleplaying elements. I only wear them so Geralt "looks cool" when running down the street. I mean lets face it, even cops carry a backup weapon in case of losing their main weapon. Why shouldn't you let Geralt carry a dagger or club or double-headed axe as an alternative to his swords?

What are the other weapons good for? The Silver and Steel sword is naturally the weapon of choice. I have read the game manual, and searching the Internet but I can't find the use of having these. But I am playing like the stats they have effect my character even if they are not welded. Is this correct?

I only pick them up so I can sell them. Though with the Torch you can use it to see in the dark but its ungodly annoying to use with having to switch weapons evertime a ghoul pops up. Also Axes seem to have a bonus to destroying shields but I have not gotten far enough to encounter enemies with shields yet. So like I said sell em as you don't gain their bonus's unless your using them I think.

Like Sifer2, I also only use them to resell them for a few orens. I use the cat potion for seeing in the dark and I think it lasts a really long time and doesn't seem that toxic to me. Bigger problem is of course finding someone that wants to buy the weapons that is convieniently located to where ever I might be when I find some more of them. Chapter II is littered with the daggers as is chapter iii so far.

Voylodion said:
Daggers are used in one of the finishing moves.
Jep, that's the most awesome finishing move I think :) Geralt slams his enemy down, piles his sword into the ground and slays him off. yay^^Well, I never used any other weapon than the swords. I love the sword fighting animations but maybe I gonna try the alternate weapons as well ;)

Top Bottom