Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

+
Please refrain from further off topic posting, those posts have now been removed.If you like to discuss drinking, do it there:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2937.0

Update on that weird little axe I posted about earlier in this thread.The axe is now identified in EE, where 1.3 it was not. I found it again in the same place: Act III, Swamps, first Brick-maker's hut from ferry.The details are exactly as follows in white font color only:Dwarven axe from CarbonDamage: 2 - 10This weapon cannot be combined withwitchers' combat stylesYou can add it to the Wiki game widow if you haven't already...

I found it too, and it was only worth 20 orens. This is the drawback to keeping weapons to sell for money. In most cases they aren't worth very much (MOST cases). You are impeding Geralt's freedom of movement for a relatively small reward. You can get quite a lot more by completing quests, or by selling off rare ingredients you find. I have tried using some of the axes and warhammers I've taken, and so far have found none that do anywhere near as much damage as one of the 2 handed swords carried on your back. I have gotten much more involved in making special oils for those weapons, especially argentia on silver swords.

I found a good reason for the weapons to be in-game. If you want to have a difficulty level higher than the most difficult one, use nothing but alternate weapons and go through the game that way. It's rather difficult. (Obviously, at the beginning, this is impossible, but as soon as you pick up a weapon, use nothing but alternate weaponry whenever possible.)

Slicer77 said:
I found a good reason for the weapons to be in-game. If you want to have a difficulty level higher than the most difficult one, use nothing but alternate weapons and go through the game that way. It's rather difficult. (Obviously, at the beginning, this is impossible, but as soon as you pick up a weapon, use nothing but alternate weaponry whenever possible.)
What? Like beating a Cemetaur to death with a torch? It's not impossible and not overly dangerous, it's just plain BORING. I only use 'em for decoration and toying with weak opponents. I kept up on this axe merely for historical reasons for everyone to add it to their guides they may be developing.Oh, and the Ceremonial Sword of Dwerthin is probably one of the only common swords actually worth picking up to sell (especially if you support the Flaming Rose in "Gold Rush").

I used those "bonus" weapons to kill grandmas and beggars in ACT II :evil: Best way was to damage them with silver, Aard and then pray that criss-cross execute gets performed :eek: Am I evil? Hopefully not :DEDIT: Typo

I am now a little way into Chapter III and I have yet to even once draw either of my secondary weapons. I have taken to just wearing the two that I think look the best. Am I doing something wrong? Do they serve a purpose? As of now I can't see any reason I would ever choose one of them over my Steel or Silver swords.

I sell all the secondary weapons as soon as I can. They are rather worthless. The only one I've used is the torch maybe two or three times.What are some of the reasons for using axes and knives?

Maybe only one - is to save talents :hmmm:You know, I used only swords too, knifes - only for fun (to kill a dog or a citizen :evil:) :)

You can try a "full sign" build. You use Axes so you are able to save enough talents for Int/endurance and signs. Although it doesn't seem like such a good Idea since you get plenty of talents during the game.

Geralt is supposed to have some knife throwing skills ... too bad he can't throw knives in game.But as a general rule? Witchers use swords. Expect to suck with other weapons.However, there are some interesting killing blows you can do on stunned opponents.Just have your knife (or whatever) ready, and stun stuff with Aard.

I never actually used the secondary weapons in game, but throwing knives would be quite nice ;D

Hello everyone. I just recently got the Witcher EE, and I LOVE it. Great game, 1 thing though.Is there a way to carry multiple of the side weapons (daggers, axes, non-witcher swords)? I've found several that sell for a ton, and all I can seem to do is let them sit there, rotting away. Perfectly good waste of cash, and I needs me some 5000 gold armor!Thanks in advance.

But this is realistic. Even as a mutant Geralt has no supernatural abilities to carry a whole arsenal of weapons ;D If loot weapons could be stacked or are storeable in the inventory everyone would be busy with collecting loot to sell it... I admit I would do it as well :whistle: at least I missed this possibility when I played the game for the first time. But then I found out there are more interesting things in the game than collecting loot and I don't miss it.

Well I got pretty far on my "no witcher style" game....I can tell you some of the fights were near impossible:---Spoilers---
The beast wasn't SO bad, since I got a lucky Aard strike, some of the other tough enemies just took wearing down, but the Werewolf......lol......let's just say that fight was going nowhere fast.
---End Spoilers---I used signs mostly for fun, or when ganged up on, since the non-Witcher weapons don't have a "group" option. I tried to refrain from excess Igni / Aard, even though I had a huge amount of endurance because I saved on the witcher styles. I tended to use Yrdan for a little crowd control, then go at it with my Mahakaman Battle Hammer. Before that any weapon with stun is usable, and failing even that, bleeding isn't so bad. I was dreading some of the later fights, but never got round to finishing that run through. When I get round to d/l the EE, I'll try it again.

Top Bottom