Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

+
ok, i bought the enhanced edition and the game came with a booklet how to installl the game and a play-by-play guide. i didnt get an instruction manual, so i dont know what pain, bleeding, and incineration does. also, does anyone use the club/morning star?? what are those weapons for? i just got into act 3 and seem to switch only between silver and steel swords...when to the other weapons come in handy? any explanation on this info would be appreciated.

The other weapons are just loot from other opponents. You can't use the combat styles with them. But Geralt can use them… just for fun.Seems you don't know yet the Witcher wiki, it's a great pool of information ;)pain, bleeding or incineration are critical effects, though Incineration is also an attribute of you Igni witcher sign.

still early on the game but glancing at the http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Gameplay_Quick_Guide (not very usefull IMO) it mentions that most of the actual swords in the game aren't very good.. should i just stick with the original sword i get?actually my main question is the 2ndary weapons.. like daggers and axes. Whats the point? they seem very very weak compared to your sword, am i missing something? is there any point to them at all?also it seems you cant carry more than one weapon at a time, is that right, or am i missing something? my inventory looks like it still has room but i couldn't get a 2nd dagger or pick my rusty sword back up when i got my witcher steel sword

You can't carry weapons in your satchel. When you look at Geralt's satchel, it's already amazing how many items are stored in it. You can't stuff an axe into it as well ;)You carry small and two-handed weapons in your additional slots. You can fight with additional weapons via a hotkey as well but can't apply the witcher combat styles on them unless the weapons are swords.I just use the addtional weapon slot as an inventory for weapons which I want to sell.

so is that all their good for, selling? I dont see a point in using them in actual combat, isn't the sword always better?

The torch makes for some fun combat in the later Acts, especially when your character level is far beyond being endangered by simple monster attacks. (eg Beat a Cemetaur to death with one).Other than that and its light making ability (rendered maddenly useless with the auto-shealth function of TWEE), it has no real use. When desperate, it may be sold for coin. but don't go out of your way to cart it to the local blacksmith if not already going there - it's a waste of time which could be spent raiding crypts and playing dice poker.

When I'm too stingy to use a Cat potion but it's pitchdark in a crypt I use a torch though it's pain in the neck when Geralt loots corpses, etc. cos everytime he returns the torch and it's dark. You can switch the torch with a weapon quickly via hotkey when a monster approaches but it's dark then, at least you can see the red life ring and know where the enemy is ;DSo the torch is just for creating a creepy atmosphere in a dark place.@kenshindonoYes, more or less you are right, additional weapons are meant to sell. They are quite useless for a witcher but not for the other poeple in the witcher world. Sturdily built poeple would never use a sword in a fight but strong weapon like hammers, axes or two-handet morning stars. If the witcher uses swords it doesn't mean all other poeple have to use them as well. I just consider them as requisites which I can sell ;)

I hate how the temerian flail looks when Geralt wears it on his leg. I wish the devs had added a "trip and fall" routine to anyone who runs for a long time with this weapon outfitted... lol

guys someone can tell me if in the witxher enchanced edition I can find the foldiers of the arms I mean the contenitors of the blades sorry my english isn't verry good :wall:

Most usefull are swords ench em both nicely and there u go for humans u use steel and silver for monsters, get a torch instead of a dagger on ur leg its easy if u wanna investigate/ go thro dark places and cba 2 use cats poison .

I've only been playing the game for a few hours & just came across a dagger & an axe. I'm just wondering what exactly they're used for as it seems they can't be used in conjunction with Witcher style attacks etc.Thanks.

Daggers can be used in some of Geralt's finishing moves, so it's nice to have one on hand. Axes are good at breaking through armor, so some people like using them for that, but for the most part, they're just scenery and/or trade goods. Geralt's skills are with his sword, so except in certain rare instances, a sword is what he should be using.I usually keep a dagger on me, but I've never bothered to do anything with axes but sell them, and often, I don't even bother to do that.

Thanks a lot. I have another question but didn't really wanna make a whole new thread for it, so I'd be grateful if you could answer it.It seemed I had all the ingredients in my inventory to make the "Thunderbolt" potion, but when I made it it turned out to be called "Unknown Potion" which gave me the Pain effect when drinking it.Why is this?

Vanchatron said:
Thanks a lot. I have another question but didn't really wanna make a whole new thread for it, so I'd be grateful if you could answer it.It seemed I had all the ingredients in my inventory to make the "Thunderbolt" potion, but when I made it it turned out to be called "Unknown Potion" which gave me the Pain effect when drinking it.Why is this?
Er, I'm afraid that means that you must have screwed up making the potion somehow. Can you tell me more? What exactly did you do in making it?

Vanchatron said:
Ah actually I just checked and I only used 3/5 ingredients insted of all 5.
Ah. Yes, that'll do it. But now you know where you went wrong, so your future potions should be successes!

Top Bottom