Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

+
I play a mage, so I never get to use finishing moves ... rather than carrying an axe, I use a hammer.I use it to smash shields just 'cos it's funny.

For me all other weapons than swords are requisites, weapons other poeple use and which you can sell. They aren't only swordfigthers in the Witcherworld ;DActually you can click on a recipe in your formula log of your journal (provided you have it) and all ingredients get automatically into your cauldron. You just need to exchange them if you want a certain additional substance or favour other sort of ingredient of a substance.

Hi,I am curious what to do with a small weapon and why it is needed? I have reached chapter four and so far it was only ornamental for me.

Yes, it's more or less ornamental ;D But with a dagger Geralt can perform a few excellent finishing moves sometimes. But I never used a dagger. I carry one and on the next occasion I sell it. They a worth 10 to 60 Orens.

Well, torches have an incinerate effect, though it does very little physical damage ... so Igni is almost always superior (unless you really need to set stuff on fire in act 1).Also, some small weapons allow you to smash shields. Again, interesting but of limited utility. Slashing with a sword is so much more effective.You could also be silly like me ... I usually play primarily a sign caster ... so I often have Geralt run around with an axe.It's really satisfying to whack stuff with an axe after stunning it with Aard.Maybe it's just me.

hmmm, well he looks like a pack-mule :p and moreover it's unrealistic to fight with agility with one two-handed sword on the back and a heavy axe at the hip. I mostly have this slot empty with the exception when he tries an other sword or sell weapons.

Actually, a large metal sword hanging from the other side is more disturbing. How can one fight with a bulky metal stick bouncing at your side :dead: ? Yet, I quite liked the idea that the inventory did not allow you to collect dozens of swords like they do in many other games. It is very, very nice that developers were actually thinking about what they were making :). Torches, by the way, could be potentially used to light fires I think, and daggers could significantly increase the dodge skill while they are equipped. Flails could be a single small weapon, which would allow a circular attack maybe?

I never had much use for the Torches myself But the Dagger I just think it looks cool and do love the finishing move he make with it :teeth:I do agree with you glitter_guld I do like the way the inventory is set up as well rather then have a bunch of weps in a pack

I use the torch from time to time in dark places like crypts when I don't want to waste a Cat potion for a short time or Geralt already has drowned to many potions. The torch light create moreover a nice atmosphere :)

Hi all. I'm just reinstalling The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and looking forward to playing it again with different decisions, and then investigating some of the mods out there (any recommendations, please let me know!)One thing that I never, ever got to grips with the first time I played The Witcher was the 'other' weapons: the ones you can strap to your legs, the axes, all the things like that. I found them all to be absolutely useless, and before long I abandoned them completely: the only thing I would strap to my legs was a torch, as it actually held a use.Did I miss out on anything by playing the game like this? Are there actually good reasons to use these weapons that I simply never got the hang of? Or is the general consensus that they are pretty useless and I shouldn't even bother with them?Would love to hear what you all think.

You can strike with secondary weapon, but it isn'e very effective. If you have a knife with you, Geralt sometimes will do a finisher using it, same with hammer.Here you have a mod list. I recommend Scabbard Mod and The Witcher Texturen Mod. If you would like harder gameplay, try Full Combat Rebalance or Flash Mod.

Thanks for your reply. I'll check those out.So am I right in saying the secondary weapons aren't worth fighting with, but it's worth carrying one on your person just to get some good finishing moves you wouldn't see otherwise?

nogoodreason said:
So am I right in saying the secondary weapons aren't worth fighting with, but it's worth carrying one on your person just to get some good finishing moves you wouldn't see otherwise?
Yep, thats right. For example, when you have got a knife, Geralt stick sword in the ground, jump on lying opponent and star to stab him with this knife :) So I might say I carry few of these weapons just for fun but mostly i sell them.

I think it's fully alright when Geralt doesn't benefit much from other weapons (one- and twohanded) because witchers are swordmasters and don't fight with axes or morningstars or even polearms. But if Geralt fights best with swords this doesn't mean the rest of the world carries only swords as well.With a few exceptions (Nightbring3r's example) consider other weapons as stuff you can sell ;)

Nightbring3r said:
Here you have a mod list.
That list isn't up to date; Roxtar has disappeared and is no longer maintaining it. It's a good starting point, but there are additional mods out there; in addition to using this list, you can try checking the first two or three pages of the Fan-Made Adventures & Mods section for newer stuff.

Corylea said:
That list isn't up to date; Roxtar has disappeared and is no longer maintaining it. It's a good starting point, but there are additional mods out there; in addition to using this list, you can try checking the first two or three pages of the Fan-Made Adventures & Mods section for newer stuff.
Ups, sorry, I didn't know that. In Polish section is this kind of thread made by Flash, and there are all mods that have been released. He update it so I thought that this is quite similar. My bad.

Nightbring3r said:
Nightbring3r said:
Ups, sorry, I didn't know that. In Polish section is this kind of thread made by Flash, and there are all mods that have been released. He update it so I thought that this is quite similar. My bad.
If you're mostly in the Polish section of the forum, there's no reason why you would know that, so there's no need to apologize!I asked Flash if he would update Roxtar's list, but he said that he wasn't really supposed to be doing anything in the English section of the forum. I PM'ed Roxtar, but he never replied. Maybe Licaon_Kter can/will do it.

Top Bottom