Addressing the FPP issue without sacrificing cyberpunks artistic vision.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In what creative ways can this issue be addressed? The main issue is that most people don't just want to see their character in a menu, a mirror, on a motorcycle or occasionally in a cutscene. Players want the choice to see their character whenever they want within the active environment. The combat and dialogue / cutscenes are designed specifically for FPP, but can we come up with a compromise? Here are a multitude of different ideas I came up with. I have no idea if they're already in the game or if they're too ambitious to consider. If I get any info incorrect, please correct me.

Confirmed features -
1. Mirrors
2. Character menus
3. Vehicles (motorcycles)
4. Occasional cutscenes.
5. Photo mode
6. You can look down at your legs.

Unconfirmed / unspecified features -
1. If your character is idle for long enough, the camera could go into third person, and show them smoking, leaning against a wall, stretching, checking their gun, etc.

2. In relation to #6, I'm unsure of how much you can see of your character when looking down. I hope they let us see most of our body & outfit, like our jacket and shirt, not just our pants and shoes. Similar to how it is in real life.

3. In relation to #5, hopefully you can take a picture of your characters body/face with your cell phone, if we have one. Preferably the camera should not be attached to your cell phone, so the camera can float around.

4. People could react to what you wear. Maybe depending on its rarity and origin. It could influence how NPCs may occasionally comment on your style.

My favorite idea -
5. Instead of creating a full-on third person mode, the player could have an option to toggle a temporary third person view for simply checking out their character. It would be similar to Red Dead redemptions cinematic camera option, giving you awesome angles of your character as they walk around. It would allow for the player to see their character more often, but it would be separate from combat and dialogue sequences / cutscenes.

what do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Good ideas, imo deserves an own thread.

I would actually like photo mode integrated into gameplay by using your spider bot to take photos. This wouldn't just have the benefit of taking pictures, but also offers a way to gain a bit of intel: send spider into an unknown room, see whats there/where enemies are located without exposing yourself.

Another option would be a separate small camera drone. The cam drones wouldn't work in unsecured areas. In-game reason: enemies hear the rotors+, gameplay reason: too easy to check out the whole level. But would be great way to allow to take photos from an airbound perspective.

This is an exact duplicate of an earlier post of yours. Also, we really don't need another TPP/FPP thread because they all end up becoming general debates sooner or later.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom