Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
Wanted to give you an update regarding the situation. We are currently working on a huge patch (1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles) and we've decided to include the XP fix in these updates. The PC version of the patch is right around the corner - that's why we made the decision to release the XP fix as a part of the patch on computers. At the same time we would like to thank you for your understanding and supporting us.

You can´t be serious? How long we have wait, another week? This is a bad joke. I am really disappointed. I can´t play the whole weekend and now i can´t play this week? Because you guys decided to wait and not deliver the hotfix? There no more ? left in Velen, and i can´t play the Main quest because there is the XP Bug.

I want my XP and i want em now.

p.s. You are losing your whole reputation with this behavior you have build over years. The Players get very angry in the forums. Unbelievable that you have decided to not release the hotfix and instead tell us we have to wait longer for the patch.

Last edited:

No word on pc time line as per my last post Marcin?

P.s. its been a couple weeks, they're clearly working on things, it's a huge amount of work (no matter what anyone outside of cd projekt might like to think)

They will get things fixed, it sounds like this patch will be a huge improvement, so cut them some slack...

I can't believe most of you don't have something else you can do if you really feel you can't play right now (Yes I was hit by the XP bug too, so all I'm doing is catching up on other hobbies)

Last edited:
I can't believe most of you don't have something else you can do if you really feel you can't play right now

I am glad you are wise enough to decide what other people should do with their own time.

The main issue is not dev's effort but they released a product in an unplayable state for real money and no one sees the hurry from the dev's side for to be fixed. This announcement is just top. Game has been released for weeks now, and they already got the money for it, yet the customer haven't received the product they expected for its price. That's called freud in a lot of countries.

I can't believe most of you don't have something else you can do if you really feel you can't play right now (Yes I was hit by the XP bug too, so all I'm doing is catching up on other hobbies)

I think most ppl have something to do, but having a gamebreaking bug after 2 weeks of release and making the game unplayable shouldn't be accepted. Saying they can take their time and fix all other minor bugs (in this case) before going live with this fix isnt ok. This should have been adressed with a hotfix directly so ppl can atleast still play the game without being punished.

If i wanted to do something else i would not have bought this game! (for a quarter of an avarage monthly wage in my country) THX BYE!

Wanted to give you an update regarding the situation. We are currently working on a huge patch (1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles) and we've decided to include the XP fix in these updates. The PC version of the patch is right around the corner - that's why we made the decision to release the XP fix as a part of the patch on computers. At the same time we would like to thank you for your understanding and supporting us.

Any chance to get the console patch before Christmas ?

I'm seriously considering to rush the main quest for finish the game and reselling it, an unplayable game since 1 week is unacceptable

Fortunately, Batman Arkham Knight is coming very soon :)

Damn, I didn't even realise there was a bug until I saw this topic and had just assumed some quests didn't reward XP for some reason.

I did many quests yesterday that rewarded no XP. So far I've just gone through a few quests during act 2 and am only level 24 having put well over 100 hours into the game so far.

OK, so after playing through the weekend, I went from level 14 to level 17.

Did Broken Flowers (no XP), parts of Where's Junior (no XP), Desitnation: Skellige (full XP), The King is Dead: Long Live the King (full XP), Swamp Thing (Full XP) and White Lady (full XP).

I also did the Cat School gear collection quest, a couple of grey quests that I wasn't going to get XP for anyway, and a bit of Gwent / exploration / "?" clearing, because I definitely have been dragging my feet... It looks like it's true that you can get enough XP even with the bug, but I still don't really trust that.

I got hit with this on the Xbox one. luckily I had a save right now the end of the quest that glitched. Sucks cause I'm going to have to shelf the game until the patch, not going to play and not get XP for quests. I REALLY wish they could work out with MS a way to turn around these patches that fix game breaking bugs quicker. Seems it take them a day to fix the issue and then a week for the patch to actually come out to us.

This makes me worried...is the ps4 1.04 patch coming out this week? I want to continue playing.

I heard it would be released on Wednesday on some other forums. Is that true? I've heard of people that stopped playing since Thursday because of this. I've been playing 6 hours per day non-stop and I don't want to have to stop playing because of this. I mean, who cares about the big patch, this XP thing should be priority one. Unless you are worried the next patch would break it again...

@Marcin Momot, I recently started a new playthrough (on PC), and am about to complete the point of interest/treasure hunts in White Orchard. My question is, does the XP glitch affect points of interest/treasure hunts, or are we not suppose to get XP for those in the first place?

For instance, I just completed "Temerian Valuables" treasure hunt, and I didn't receive XP.

While we wait for the patch, I think it would help if you could post a brief list explicitly stating what, and what doesn't provide XP, glitch or no glitch, because I was never clear on it in the first place. For example, you say that we aren't suppose to earn any XP after completing greyed-out quest 6 or more levels below our characters, yet I've received XP (albeit very little) for their completion.

Thanks, and looking forward to the next patch.

Last I heard, treasure hunts are not supposed to give XP, whereas Main/Secondary/Witcher Contract quests are.

Yeah, that's what I've heard, but it's never been explicitly stated, at least not officially, what and what you don't get XP for. If I can get a confirmation (preferably from Marcin), I'll be able to continue my playthrough today without hesitation. That patch can't come soon enough ;)

Treasure hunts / Witcher gear hunts does not give any XP rewards

Again, that would be great news, and you're probably right, but I've never seen it officially stated. AHHH :p

"Right around the corner" ...as in *not* today? Please just post the hotfix if you're not going to finish 1.05 by today. I just want to play without worrying that my last hour of questing was in vain :(

Do things like guarded treasure give exp? I know ? Monster nests give 50 exp. Just wondering what is safe to do.

Why don't just say "Relax people. Patch with exp fix coming at Wednesday and it's nothing we can do"? Do they really need all this conspiracy with "right around the corner" ?

Some quick questions regarding 1.05,would be great if someone from CD PROJEKT RED would be able to provide answers:
1) You promissed to look in to a possibility of adding the missed exp due to the no xp glitch,were you able to achieve it,or you will be realising just the fix?
2) Will gray (6 lvls or below) quests be providing any reduced amonut of xp as official strategy guide suggest or this issue will remain unaddressed?
3) Would be nice to know if it comming Tuesday or Wednesday,but thats not of a big importance :)

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom