Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
Hm I found a better wiki site. Still find all that wikia stuff confusing....seems to be multiple sites one is awful the other is decent.

It was the quest Return to Crookback bog. While it doesn't say specifically when your supposed to get the XP. It claims you get 300 XP. I could swear I got 200 and am 99% sure that it was 200.

Never had so much trouble trying to gain clarification on something in a video game in my entire life. With that information.....my conclusion is still up in the air....I have no idea whether being level 13 while doing that level 9 quest somehow just caused me to get 200XP instead of the 300? Or whether I got the 200 and was SUPPOSED to get another 300 from finishing the quest?.....
Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNHDkynOXM
Around min 1:47 and 2:03 he completed this quest, and no XP message appeared on the screen. But, in fact, on the previous part he received 300 XP, so I think it's normal you get your XP before completing the quest, i just don't know why in your case it was 200 instead of 300...

Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNHDkynOXM
Around min 1:47 and 2:03 he completed this quest, and no XP message appeared on the screen. But, in fact, on the previous part he received 300 XP, so I think it's normal you get your XP before completing the quest, i just don't know why in your case it was 200 instead of 300...

Lol this is hilarious how complicated figuring this out is becoming.

I just found that exact video too. On his video if you watch his XP bar.....just to keep things harder to figure out he just so happens to be about to level when he kills that monster so the LEVEL UP prompt hits the screen instead of the XP prompt I got. It jumps up a high amount.....it looks like it could in fact be 200. But then it also shows him get another 300 when he walks out of the hut at the resolution.....I am positive I didn't get that 300.....

Thankfully I actually have a save from that exact spot....before I was reloading before you meet him back at home to check for XP. I had never double checked it though where the guy in the video gets his XP. If I dont get it here....this will finally confirm for me I ahve been having this problem.

I hope they push this update asap. I've never had to stop playing a game because of a bug like this. I haven't been able to play because of this XP glitch since I think Thursday of last week. Sure I can keep playing but obviously quests are the only way to level up really. Not gonna play and miss out on 400 or 800 xp rewards for completing quests.

I hope they push this update asap. I've never had to stop playing a game because of a bug like this. I haven't been able to play because of this XP glitch since I think Thursday of last week. Sure I can keep playing but obviously quests are the only way to level up really. Not gonna play and miss out on 400 or 800 xp rewards for completing quests.
I had to stop playing PoE for a week or so because it had a severe character system bug that broke progression. They also took their sweet time with a patch (ironically because the approval process on GOG took so long). Seems these days buying an RPG on release date you're guaranteed to get screwed.

I had to stop playing PoE for a week or so because it had a severe character system bug that broke progression. They also took their sweet time with a patch (ironically because the approval process on GOG took so long). Seems these days buying an RPG on release date you're guaranteed to get screwed.
These days i buy many RPG year or 2 before release. Pillars Of Eternity, Wasteland 2, Diviniti:Original Sin - those what released and i enjoy every hour in this games, Tides Of Numenera, Age of Decadance, Kingdom Come:Deliveranse not yet released, but they seems very good from my point, especially last two, where i got ability to play in early beta. Witcher 3 i buy year before. If you disagree with my opinion - you can go to play Ass Defect 3, Dragon Ass 3 or something like this. This 2 years is time to resurrect RPGs - and i stand in circle with pentagramm. Sorry for my english, i know, internet translators exist, but i try to speak to learn it.

Yeah, hard to break away from such an amazing game like this too. I'm not sure exactly when the bug occurred but when I noticed it, I stopped right there.

Game of the year ? yeah, FAIL OF THE YEAR. FIX THIS SHIT NOW PLEASE ! It's a joke ? We paid the game to play and we can't play a RPG with a bug like that. Don't update the fucking bug if you are unable to do this the good way... I really should download this game instead of bying it.... So much money for a v0.9 game, unfinished game... Pathetic

I only just now heard of this and hadn't even noticed the bug. Still getting plenty of XP, and the game is definitely playable. If people would just play instead of worrying and complaining they'd see it's not a big deal like the dev said.

I AM curious though as to what is affected by this bug since I haven't noticed it. I heard it was only quests in Novigrad, which makes sense since I'm not there yet.

I only just now heard of this and hadn't even noticed the bug. Still getting plenty of XP, and the game is definitely playable. If people would just play instead of worrying and complaining they'd see it's not a big deal like the dev said.

I AM curious though as to what is affected by this bug since I haven't noticed it. I heard it was only quests in Novigrad, which makes sense since I'm not there yet.

You are lucky. For me its like all the quests.

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

UPDATE (as of 01/06/2015) - 1.05 for PC coming this week & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days.

are you serious? so for you the fact that I have finished every single quest even the one red for me! and I am lvl 25!!
not able to enjoy the game I have master griffin armor, though it's totally useless! cause it's for lvl 31 a level I cannot reach! except by grinding for HOURS and HOURS !!
And when I say I finished the game I mean finished and discovered every single "?" marker so I actually have nothing to do!!
I can't reach level 35 for achievement as well!!
but sure it doesn't impact the game balance OMG!! a GD says this, you picked the wrong job in my opinion! you ruined an excellent video game franchise well done guys!!!

are you serious? so for you the fact that I have finished every single quest even the one red for me! and I am lvl 25!!
not able to enjoy the game I have master griffin armor, though it's totally useless! cause it's for lvl 31 a level I cannot reach! except by grinding for HOURS and HOURS !!
And when I say I finished the game I mean finished and discovered every single "?" marker so I actually have nothing to do!!
I can't reach level 35 for achievement as well!!
but sure it doesn't impact the game balance OMG!! a GD says this, you picked the wrong job in my opinion! you ruined an excellent video game franchise well done guys!!!

Im totally with you. You 100% right

No offense (Who cares), but You are starting to appear like a troll. The interesting part is several of the vitriolic posts seem like they are from you but with alternates accounts, same language style, same grammar, same writing style. Chill the fuck out, they are working on the patches.

I'm not the type of player whining on forums , but really , an xp bug in a rpg is something completely unacceptable to me , its not normal that you cdprojekt , take so long to fix what we can call a major issue , who directly impacts a lot of people and which can give us a feeling that we cant fully complete the game right now. I find this game amazing , but i am really frustrated since i stopped playing since last friday still cant play right now , please release the fix QUICK...

To the people who are really upset about not playing. I know it blows but......go take advantage of some of the XP duping areas. Assuming I lose 300 XP for a quest I will just go use the 50xp dupe 6 times....I mean yeah it blows but its much better than not being able to play at all.

Im totally with you. You 100% right

No offense (Who cares), but you're starting to appear like a troll. The interesting part is several of the vitriolic posts seem like they are from you but with alternates accounts, same language style, same grammar, same writing style. Chill the fuck out, they are working on the patches.

I don't get why ppl are bitching about that. o.o I'm lv 23 and the main quest maybe 12? And i didn't get xp for a looong time now.
In case u didn't notice, alot Monsters out there respawn. And u can kill them again. And guess what. U get exp. Just play the game, u can level up all you want no matter what happens with quests....

Edit: And i'm not talking about lame ass wolfes, i'm talking about lv 25 earth elementars, lv 35 basilisks, wyverns, fiends, cyclopes.... all that stuff runs around in velen and respawns rly fast. :)

Last edited:
I really love paying 60€ for being a beta-tester.

At least, when the development of the Witcher 3 will be over, the future buyer will have an awesome game in hand

Top Bottom