Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
As I can see you get 90% of the normal ammount of exp. I started a new game today with the patch and I get 80% (8/10 400/500 and etc.) of exp from ANY quest. I think this is not normal - it's a bug o some glitch or whatever. The game was totaly fine for me when released (1.02).

CD Project Red, PLEASE tell us something CONCRETE about these similar things people are still complaning about.

And yeah, it's good that people with a PC version have the mod, but we, console players, do not and there are a lot of us so I hope the problem won't be ignored

Doubt it. My guess is that since they now award you xp for greyed out quests (all be it only a few) they adjusted the balance by lowering the XP slightly for other quests so people wouldn't hit level 50.

Doubt it. My guess is that since they now award you xp for greyed out quests (all be it only a few) they adjusted the balance by lowering the XP slightly for other quests so people wouldn't hit level 50.

So it's totally necessary to get 8 exp instead of 10 on level 1 for a Pan quest... And for some easy run\dialogue thing you get like 500 exp (400 now?), this is just stupid. I think that a global multiplier on EVERY quest is dumb and seems like someone does his job in a "f*** off" way. Besides 5 or 10 exp for a grey quest isn't gonna help me reach level 50, lol) I'd almost cleared the whole game (all marks and side quests) for a first week after release and I was like lvl 30+

I hope we will return experience for quests passed since I appeared to have passed quite a lot of quests with this bug. Quest at the ball with Triss brought me a total of 40 practices. And this is not one such quest. We are waiting for a fix as soon as possible

Hi.
I applied patch 1.05 BUT while i was in the north of skellige where you can find the diagram for ursine silver sword, I came upon an ice elemental which was lvl 30 and i was lvl 22(and there was that red skull on it) so i thought when i kill it, at least I'll get around 40-50 xps but after I killed it I just got 1 xp!!!!!????? because before that i was farming endrega drones with lvl 22 and each one of them gave me 24 xp!! I think it doesn't add up.
Am I missing sth or this is a bug which hasn't been fixed yet?

For all the people who are getting lesser amount of the xp for the quests,reposting from nexusmods:
The reason that you're getting less XP on 1.05 without the mod is because CDPR fixed the exp issue to how it was intended to work.
This means that playing on higher difficulties will now give you less xp (10% less on Blood and Broken Bones, 20% less on Death March).
I've tested it while starting a new game and doing the first necropage attack quest it awarded me with 250 on normal, 225 on Hard and 200 on DM.

I still prefer using the mod myself as i find it a bit silly that i have to lose XP for playing on harder difficulties.

Hope this helps.

That still doesn't address the fact that people are only getting 5xp from quests no matter what they do.
Or the people who are still getting NOTHING! I would be so frustrated if this wasn't such a great game to play. But I have received no XP for several of the witcher gear quests and main story quests pre patch, post patch I tested with several side quests (superior feline part 3, Master armorer, Arch-Griffin Contract, Skellege lady who wants my junk) and ZERO EXP. I don't know which other quests will or will not give me XP, so this game is UNPLAYABLE for me, as I have no idea if I can advance.

Waiting patiently for a response for my support request...........

Or the people who are still getting NOTHING! I would be so frustrated if this wasn't such a great game to play. But I have received no XP for several of the witcher gear quests and main story quests pre patch, post patch I tested with several side quests (superior feline part 3, Master armorer, Arch-Griffin Contract, Skellege lady who wants my junk) and ZERO EXP. I don't know which other quests will or will not give me XP, so this game is UNPLAYABLE for me, as I have no idea if I can advance.

Waiting patiently for a response for my support request...........

Right, well, you'll never recieve any XP for the gear quests, as none of the Treasure Hunts are supposed to give XP.

---------- Updated at 02:13 PM ----------

Thanks. I suspected that. And I think it's awfully stupid.

Well it's actually not really that bad. You're not loosing any XP. Think about it like this. Since you get less XP in general, you level up slowly, meaning you have more green quests to complete. In the end, all players will likely end up on the same level, supposed they completed similar number of quests. Some of them just get the XP from a different source.

I though the earlier treasure quests (specifically for witcher gear) did give you EXP, in fact I'm about 90% sure some of the early witcher gear quests gave EXP cause I remember leveling up after doing one? And obviously thought this would translate to the higher level quests. If not, then thanks for the education, but as I have been striken quite horribly by this glitch, I am now watching my exp like a hawk, and I have tried a couple more side quests with the same result, 0 exp. Their Tech support reached out to me and only said "the patch should have fixed it".... ugh......

With patch 1.05 you will be able to advacne no matter what.
First of all,if you are getting no xp or 5-10 xp,check for: (at 10.5 patch,ofc):
1) If the quest is 6 lvls bellow or ABOVE its suggested lvl,if it is,you are not supposed to get anything or just low amounts.
2) If it is in you green range,check any of youtube playthroughs to ensure it SHOULD give your xp. (most of the quests,aka TH,Master armors and swords,should not).
3) Dont rush hight lvl quests,even if you are in suggested range,aka dont do lvl 25 quests if u just hit lvl 20,postpone it till the actual lvl match.

And if you dont want to get reduced xp due to your Hard or DM diff. or want to get xp for gray quests,install the all-known mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...age=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=2920114&pUp=1

Why should I install mods? All normal RPG no problem getting experience. Now the quest at the beginning of the game, I received only 5 experience.
Is it really impossible for normal to solve this problem? :facepalm:

Noone forces you to install anything,it works just fine with patch 1.05 and in the beginning of the game its okay to get 5 xp for the quest.
So what was the quest name?
Have you cheked how much other people have got for it,is it in your lvl range?

Jesus,it would be joy to watch at all people who are complaying now,if they were to play games in 90s-2000s,when you were the one to fix any broken stuff,reading for the various twiks and mods comunity developed,using console and praying for this god damn thing to work out.

I though the earlier treasure quests (specifically for witcher gear) did give you EXP, in fact I'm about 90% sure some of the early witcher gear quests gave EXP cause I remember leveling up after doing one? And obviously thought this would translate to the higher level quests. If not, then thanks for the education, but as I have been striken quite horribly by this glitch, I am now watching my exp like a hawk, and I have tried a couple more side quests with the same result, 0 exp. Their Tech support reached out to me and only said "the patch should have fixed it".... ugh......

You're 90% sure and i am 100% sure!
5xp for a mission...thats like killing a human enemy twice, same xp you get from completing a mission. In an RPG...rediculous!

I just don't understand HOW the 0.9/0.8 exp multiplier for quests solves the no exp bug. I dislike this change very much.
Its not a multiplier,the higher your diff.,the lesser xp points awarded.
Want to get full exp. for quests? Switch to Normal diff. mod and enjoy.
Want your game to be harder? Have it harder,stronger enemies,lesser xp for quests.

Top Bottom