Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
Addressing the no XP Glitch

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms.

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.

UPDATE (as of 01/06/2015) - 1.05 for PC coming this week & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days.

Last edited:
We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.

Could you please let us know if we will get the XP back in retrospective for finished quests that gave no XP? Please.

Guest 3825552

Thanks, but really XP is part of a reward for completely a quest as it unlocks abilities and use of better equipment for taking on much stronger witcher contracts. If you are ONLY interested in the MAIN quest line for balance then it makes allot of the other content to the game rather painful and frustrating to play through!

Should players ONLY play on EASY mode as a solution? at least then character level won't matter so much?

I'm almost wondering if I should just start a WHOLE new game since I was UNAWARE of these changes when I first started playing with v1.02, if I had known quests would be changed to not give XP due to some level condition I would have actually done those quests in a very specific order as to capitalize on them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Marcin. I just....how does it not affect the balance if I'm not getting any XP for quests and contracts? Basically I can't level up right now, outside slow and tedious grinding of some respawning monsters.

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

It seems we can't play until nex week but next week i will buy Elder scroll so i think i will sell witcher tomorrow...

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all said:
How a RPG dev can tell that no XP gain does not affect balance of the game???

Does this patch include fixing some enemies/monsters not giving XP too? Like I fought a pack of wolves a few times now and they just don't give any xp, yet a single bear gave me 6xp...

My personal experience: by doing all the side quests and contracts within level range, I already became overleveled when in comparison to the level requirements of main quests (i.e. right now I am at level 16 vs main quest's level 12). I don't know how many side quests and contracts are giving me xp, but I do know that they have pushed me to a comfortable level range to tackle with main quests.

If I would really got ALL the missing xp, I would be so overleveled that even main quests are turning up gray for me; in such a case, the main quests wouldn't give me experience anyway.

Is this bug introduced in v1.04? I am playing V1.03. I just finished white orchard completing everything, I hit level 4 doing that, is that the appropriate level for completing everything?

Is it safe to simply load an older 1.03 save and re-install the game (and patch it to verison 1.03) or is this bug also present in 1.03?

What about a fix for the Lord of undvik and kings gambit infinite loading screens. Makes the main story breakable

does this mean xbox wont be getting a patch today then? We have been suffering due to the save crash issue.

First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

I dont agree at all with that. If I have lost maybe 3-4 levels because of this it does affect. Who knows how many levels I have lost. For instance, I am Act two in Kaer Morhen and one of the side quests is a level 30 quest. I am level 24 at the moment and this mission have a skull over it. Which in your own tooltip says "a certain death". Also, these mission as I understand, I won't be able to go back for later. So how is this not affecting game balance?.

Also by not having any solution for getting back XP, makes it kind of pointless to play until the patch arrives. As I would loose even more levels.

As the developer, I would like to know what level you had in mind one would be when being on Act 2 in Kaer Morhen?

This is a colossal bug in a RPG.

Top Bottom