Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
I realized i had this bug yesterday when i noticed i stopped getting xp for my quests. I read up on all the forums about it and started doing some tests. I am currently lvl 17. I did a level 25 quest (cat school gear) and i recieved 0 xp. Then i loaded an old save from 1.02 way back in white orchard. Finished a quest there and instantly got the xp for it.
I`m seriously thinking about replaying the whole thing from that save since it seems to be working then. You can actually see what version of the game you had when you saved if you hover the mousepointer over the little picture of the savegame.

Please, reduce the xp reward of the main quest...I overlevel the main quest and I did only the main quest...it's a little bit frustrating, and I play Death March.
For now I'm too powerful and I can't do side quest or contract because I've fear to overlevel too much :((

Marcin, please you have some tips for this?

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.
sad panda for no pre-weekend patch

Last edited:

Guest 3825552

Well that's the issue, some people are smooth sailing through the game getting some XP per quest, while others like me who are exploring things and being adventurous are being butchered once they finally get back to doing that quest (or handing it in). To me it seems they want you to practically skip a large portion of the content in the game for the purpose of being at that PERFECT level when you meet the big bad guys.....

So much for player freedom and playing how we want. Maybe cdprojek should release a list of the quests and areas to visit in the specific order they want so that players can at least get rewarded for each, instead of being shit faced on half way through because they decided to explore and appreciate the world!!!!!

Look, I get that it may not be possible to retroactively give players their missing XP, but this screws over console players who want to level themselves up as much as possible through quests. Being a PC player, I can give myself xp using the console after calculating how much I've lost. A console player can't.

So how about this: give console players cheats -- either typed-in or a combination of button presses -- that give them certain amounts of xp. PC players have access to those, so why not console players? Just give them something. It's terribly unfair. Not all of them are like, "Bah, as long as I can finish the game." Some want to reach specific objectives, get to specific levels, and that's because they're invested in your game. Don't punish them for it. Give them a way to fix this problem without having to restart their entire playthrough or grind for a long, long time killing enemies. There are players who've lost a LOT of xp because of this bug.

A neat table of how much xp each quest rewards you with would be very helpful too. THE WITCHER 3 is a great, great game, but this bug was a screw-up and you should make up for it as best as you can if you're truly sorry.

So much for player freedom and playing how we want. Maybe cdprojek should release a list of the quests and areas to visit in the specific order they want so that players can at least get rewarded for each, instead of being shit faced on half way through because they decided to explore and appreciate the world!!!!!

Yeah this is the single-handed most retarded system for a single player game. I could understand it in a MMO but punishing people for exploring a so called open world and also not reimbursing their lost xp due to a serious bug is quite unfathomable.

NOT HAVING A PATCH until after the weekend is just bad business

Indeed!
I basically defended CDPR all the time when all this "downgrade" at whatnot nonsense came up, but this is just ridiculous!
I haven't been able to play the game since yesterday, because of the bug and was waiting all day for news of a patch and now I read this.
I'm EXTREMELY pissed at CDPR at the moment and I've been one of your biggest fans for years now!

Devs, why don`t you working overtime to release the patch right at the weekends for the good sake?
All this bugs is your fault after all...

literally made a post to comment on this issue. since I got the game and guide and saw the requirements Ive been wondering how exp was going to work. why have an upper limit that cant be reached? seems like the DEVS want players to play in a certain way. In that case why make this game open world with a large amount of content to explore? seems counter-productive

does this mean that for the people with this problem, will we have to restart the whole game from scratch or can we carry on with the same save that was affected because ive already put in 95 hours and im level 22 and im hoping all that time wasn't for nothing because ive done so much in the game already

CD RED, provide explanation on which quest types has this bug? folks are confused...

Originally Posted by zazrx

I see, so it's only main quests affected? I can keep doing side quests and other stuff?

Originally Posted by Bunta

So does this only apply to mainline quests and not contracts / secondary?

Originally Posted by Bytes

Does it only affect main quests, side quests, or both?

good thing cdpr cleared things up lol

---------- Updated at 05:20 PM ----------

we demand a PC patch for this TODAY (FRIDAY!)

Pls just tell us under what circumstances exactly this bug takes effect ? Just stating that it "won't affect balancing" isn't telling me anything.

As we mentioned, this bug doesn't cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend.

Guest 3825552

From my understanding it takes effect when you deviate from the core storyline too much, such as exploring and doing too many smaller side quests that reward XP and thus level the player up faster then he usually would if they stayed on the storyline quest.

Retarded if you ask me....

EDIT: In the long run? for the past 5 quests I have done, I only got reward for 1 of them, so I'm getting 1/5th the XP I would normally get!

Top Bottom