Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
oh my God. we will not be able to play in a computer game for the next 2 days. Omg, omg. The world ends!
people, you are experiencing the best RPG of all times. get some life if you cant be patient for 48 hours

no. the card, that you get from beating the gwent tutor, is zoltan chivay.
you can buy the foltest card from elsa at the inn. this card is also missable.

Then how come I have Zoltan if I didn't play against the tutor before he went away? Either you're wrong or I bought Zoltan from somewhere and don't remember. In either case there's nothing to worry about not being able to complete the catch em' all quest :)

oh my God. we will not be able to play in a computer game for the next 2 days. Omg, omg. The world ends!
people, you are experiencing the best RPG of all times. get some life if you cant be patient for 48 hours

oh another one, who wants to tell people how they have to spend their free time and obviously have no life, if they cant wait 48 hours.
sry but there are actually people, who have very rare free time and need exactly those 48 hourse, because these are the only 48 they get in 2 weeks.
obviously you dont even know the meaning of "having no life".

Last edited:
Then how come I have Zoltan if I didn't play against the tutor before he went away? Either you're wrong or I bought Zoltan from somewhere and don't remember. In either case there's nothing to worry about not being able to complete the catch em' all quest :)

hm strange. i´m 100% sure, that you get zoltan from the tutor. maybe you can buy him again later.

well I found a solution for PC players.
Download the debug console enabler here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...er3/ajax/moddescription/?id=28&preview=&pUp=1
Then you can enter the console, so you can add exp to your Character, just type:

addexp (xxxx)

x= amount of exp
I tested it and it works perfectly fine. It's not the best solution but for now it's better than to restart the game ;)
Enjoy!

One important question about that: How do you know, how much XP a quest is supposed to yield? Do you know that and if so: how? I would really like to do that, so I can play on the weekend, but I don't want to mess things up by adding too much exp. So simply guessing or estimating it doesn't really help.

One important question about that: How do you know, how much XP a quest is supposed to yield? Do you know that and if so: how? I would really like to do that, so I can play on the weekend, but I don't want to mess things up by adding too much exp. So simply guessing or estimating it doesn't really help.

Yeah, that's why I said it's not the best solution. I just check it on youtube. There I can see how much exp the player get when he finishes the quest and I add the same amount

One more thing regarding this issue. It doesn't affect every quest but only some of them. That's how we know the experience loss is not that big in total numbers.

It will be fixed however. We are also looking into the possibility of gaining the missing XP retro-actively by the players. Can't promise anything here though.

oh another one, who wants to tell people how they have to spend their free time and obviously have no life, if they cant wait 48 hours.
sry but there are actually people, who have very rare free time and need exactly those 48 hourse, because these are the only 48 they get in 2 weeks.
obviously you dont even know the meaning of "having no life".

well, truth hurts, I know. how is your life going to change if you will wait and play W3 next weekend? please tell me

Yeah, that's why I said it's not the best solution. I just check it on youtube. There I can see how much exp the player get when he finishes the quest and I add the same amount

That is a good plan B. Problem is there's XP for quest stages on top of finishing the quest itself, so you'd need to watch several bits of the walkthrough to figure out what is the total XP it should give you. Again, CD Projekt giving us a text database of how much XP every quest gives you in total would be best.

What I'm suggesting here really isn't much. Can't retroactively give us the XP? Give us that database and give console players a cheat they can use to get their XP back (and maybe add that cheat to PC as well for players who don't want to mess with the Debug Console Enabler). Then we have all we need to fix the problem to our satisfaction without having to replay huge segments. That's all. Does anybody else have another suggestion, some extra problem with the bug I'm not seeing?

One more thing regarding this issue. It doesn't affect every quest but only some of them. That's how we know the experience loss is not that big in total numbers.

It will be fixed however. We are also looking into the possibility of gaining the missing XP retro-actively by the players. Can't promise anything here though.

Glad to hear. Any chance we'll see a list of quests affected by the bug before the update? A fix could be a week out for those on consoles, no?

Whoops, missed this post. Marcin, could you tell us which quests? And thanks for looking into the retroactive XP gain. If implemented, it would perhaps be wise to put it on the options menu for players to decide whether or not to use it. If it's applied forcefully, and it glitches out, it could give players way too much or way too little XP. If it's optional, we can revert to a previous save in case that happens and try fixing it with the console (for PC players -- another solution would still be required for console players).

hmmm , then why should i explore the world , already got 2 gray main quests and 4 gray side quests and still yet im in novigard cause that (bug in count treasure ), and got sword require above lvl 40 how can i reach it ~_~ , guess im gonna restart the game and change the difficulty from BB to easiest just to finish the story , and come back to this game after couple of months :(

sorry for my english .

Whoops, missed this post. Marcin, could you tell us which quests? And thanks for looking into the retroactive XP gain. If implemented, it would perhaps be wise to put it on the options menu for players to decide whether or not to use it. If it's applied forcefully, and it glitches out, it could give players way too much or way too little XP. If it's optional, we can revert to a previous save in case that happens and try fixing it with the console (for PC players -- another solution would still be required for console players).

As I said, we are still looking into this option. Can't make any commmitments yet. Sorry.

Top Bottom