Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
What? Week and half? And how do i play week and half? And there is no compensation for all this time? Dozens of quests this weekend was all for nothing, and there is no clue which quest give some xp. I tried them all. This is very upset and kills the desire to play further. I will think twice before bying season pass for witcher or new game on start. Hire some good testers next time please

does anyone know it the Scavengers hunts for witcher equipment give you any exp? I just did the cat gear hunt and it didnt give me any exp. im level 17 and the hunt is for level 17. thanks!

does anyone know it the Scavengers hunts for witcher equipment give you any exp? I just did the cat gear hunt and it didnt give me any exp. im level 17 and the hunt is for level 17. thanks!
No, they don't give you any exp anyway, so you can do them without fear of loosing something.

Dear Marcin, you still avoiding question how not gaining exp won't affect the balance. Can you please refer to this with more details? I just really want to play but I won't do this until I'm not sure that I don't screw my whole playthrough.

The way I see it is that it's so easy to be over leveled, that this bug almost fixes it.
Yeah, of course, right now I'm overleveled but in my journal I have some quests with really high level (the highest is 34) which I probably never be able to do with this bug.

So let me get this straight.
Players (including me) are missing out on thousands of XP, and that's the best case scenario. I've seen reports of people getting so little quest XP that they end up becoming underleveled for every quest in their journal. You're still trying to downplay that as "insignificant" and "not affecting game balance". You're "hoping" the fix arrives on consoles within a week and a half and you keep encouraging people to play the game in its current broken state while you can't even guarantee that you'll be able to retroactively award them the missing XP. And on PC, the platform where certification isn't an issue, you not only wait until Monday to release a hotfix, you're now also delaying it till Tuesday/Wednesday?
Smooth, CDPR.

Thanks CDPR. I already played 60h and almost ended game and now i wont be able to do any high level witcher contracts or sidequests because i am massively underlevelled and i have to start the game from the beginning. Good job CDPR. My game experience is ruined.

So Momot, the game is amazing, I love it.
But since there will be no reimbursement of lost XP, how about giving the players a good silver sword, or making a quest with a higher than normal xp reward?.
Also, just wondering, why cap the level at which you can do quests and get xp at a 6 level gap. I mean, why not just give half xp or something, it makes me not want to waste my time doing the quests.
Maybe roll the idea of the quest to "reimburse" xp around the office?

Still love the game though, great job guys!

I suggest to restart the game ... it's a great game you'll double the hours of fun. I'm glad I didn't start the game even if I own the game from day one. It's been the same when TW2 released: it started to become playable after 2-3 weeks. ;)

I didn't buy this game to fight with it. I bought this game to have fun it and relax and that didn't happened.

How is this fix not at the top of your to-do list and already halfway out the door? This bug will irredeemably mess up the saves of people who take your word for it and believe that it "won't affect balance". My girlfriend started a new game last night and didn't get exp for any of the White Orchard quests - imagine if she just kept playing?

A week and half for a patch, this is a joke...

When something is very very bad on GTA Online, the Rockstar Games team patch it in 2 days and you tell us you need 2 week to patch a stupid EXP bug ?

I thought CDPR was different than other lazy video games studio like Ubisoft or EA. It seems I was wrong...

Last edited:
First of all Rockstar has a long history of open world games and basically "infinite" money to pay overtime for everyone.
Second, I think they main concern is now to be careful about future patches, since every time they tried to fix something in 1.03 and 1.04, they ended up creating new issues.

Yes, they could and should communicate more (some issues like the ridicolous pop-in of npcs and world textures haven't yet been addressed), but most of us can't really understand how tricky it is to dig into the code of such a massive game.

I've explored almost all the ? sites in White Orchard, Velen and Novigrad. I'm currently going through the "Find Junior" quest before going to the Skellige Islands. I'm currently at level 15 and have completed all quests below this number.

If not for this XP bug, in what level should my character be, more or less?

PS: Killed an Elemental 5 levels higher than me and received 25xp. Is this expected or too little?

Wow, it's funny how the community is quick to judge a game developer that they have known for a shot while, only through the development of the third game. Were they there from the start, or at least for the launch of the second game, they'd know that the games came out with problems, great in a such deegre that some of us(like me) couldn't even play them, and almost all of them had been fixed in nearly a month. There hasn't been not even three weeks since the launch date, and the Omninous community is bitching over little things.

People comparing CDPR with EA and Ubisoft for this make me laugh: Ubisoft and EA don't have the guts to delay the Game TWICE in order for it to not come out broken, Ubisoft have already announced their new AC launch date to this same year, while CDPR announced they will not integrate the devs of Witcher 3 in to Cyberpunk for 2 years in order to fix bugs and add new content to the former. Want another comparison? Ok. The latest two AAA games from Ubisoft and EA, AC unity and BF4, remember their launch? I bet you do. They came out BROKEN FOR THE MAJORITY OF GAMERS, and it took one SEMESTER for Ubisoft to make its game PLAYABLE(with only 5 patches) and almost one year for EA; CDPR has launched over 2 patches in less than two weeks. To compare CDPR, a not-so-wealthy company, to EA and Ubisoft is downright ridiculous. Grow up people.

Last edited:
I've explored almost all the ? sites in White Orchard, Velen and Novigrad. I'm currently going through the "Find Junior" quest before going to the Skellige Islands. I'm currently at level 15 and have completed all quests below this number.

PS: Killed an Elemental 5 levels higher than me and received 25xp. Is this expected or too little?

That seems way off somehow. I am playing on deathmarch and lvl 16 currently, explored everything in white orchard, almost nothing in Velen and still have a bunch lvl 12-17 quests in my log. I also did about 3 or 4 quests which where grey so i got no exp from them. Doesn't seem right that You are "only" at lvl 15 at all.

Last edited:
I lean towards your side, problem is that those rushed patches are exactly what made things worst.

Problem is that people are complaining that a new patch will released ONLY in a weeks time. I agree that rushed patches fixes only minor problems, but in the moments after a launch of a big open world game they are necessary, things that a bug testing team may have missed (due to the game's complexity) are found out from the community, and I am not saying that this is justifiable is all cases: there is a huge difference in using the community as a beta tester(EA and Ubisoft) and using it as a final version wrapper (remember Witchers 1 and 2 "enhanced editions"? Yes that is the case here).

It's expected

I had the bug on Broken Flowers and Pyres of Novigrad. So I reloaded bore Broken Flowers, went and did contracts and sidequests, and got XP for those normally.

And in fact I levelled up so high that now Broken Flowers are 7 levels behind me, so I will get no XP for it, even with bug fixed :D

So for me, at this moment, the bug is not really an issue.

Top Bottom