Addressing the no XP Glitch

+

Guest 3825552

Or fight a Alghoul, some monsters in this game are very hard to fight, while others are very easy, even if their higher level then you. There is a town with a bunch of Alghouls you must clear out in Velen (their level 23), give that one a shot. Easy it is not, basically you will be spending hours on trying to isolate just 1 of them long enough to kill.

Go fight a level 28 Water Hag and tell me how "overpowered" you are.

Why should I go fight a level 28 Water Hag when there are tons of green and even grey quests lying around for me to solve? Not to mention that I DO get XP from those quests?

I've been playing the whole weekend and just started exploring Skellige. I had no problem at all levelling up. I had no problem at all finding new quests, each giving me solid 200 to 400 XP. There are like 3 or 4 locations in Velen that I have not solved yet because of the high level mobs there (including the level 28 Water Hag you mentioned) and of course like 7 or 8 level 25+ quests left. But those high level things were precisely there because the players need incentive to go back to Velen to solve high-level quests.

About levelling of enemies. I disagree with one thing in this awesome game - why you can't damage monsters, with lvl 6 or more than yours? Yes, they kill player by 1 hit probably, but i can 15 min evade their attacks and hit him for not so much damage. Or they have just a lot of armour and resists and my attack so weak?

About levelling of enemies. I disagree with one thing in this awesome game - why you can't damage monsters, with lvl 6 or more than yours? Yes, they kill player by 1 hit probably, but i can 15 min evade their attacks and hit him for not so much damage. Or they have just a lot of armour and resists and my attack so weak?

I'm wondering the same thing, looks like it's artificially blocked :| ... I really don't like it... It's like an invisible wall, but in form of enemies.

I'm wondering the same thing, looks like it's artificially blocked :| ... I really don't like it... It's like an invisible wall, but in form of enemies.

From what I have seen, they regenerate (green floating numbers) more damage than you can do, that's why you can't kill them, not because they are invulnerable.

So am I the only one getting all the missing exp added on to other quests and getting it stealth added?

It sounds like they weren't able to do a full QA, probably due to release schedules... but even so, there are two things to note:
1. They can either spend time building a tool or fixing bugs
2. You can easily get a list of quests and their XP (search) and use the console yourself. Yes, it's a bit of legwork, but think of it as part of the quest :p

Wanted to give you an update regarding the situation. We are currently working on a huge patch (1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles) and we've decided to include the XP fix in these updates. The PC version of the patch is right around the corner - that's why we made the decision to release the XP fix as a part of the patch on computers. At the same time we would like to thank you for your understanding and supporting us.

Sad to hear, that the hotfix wont happen. But take your time to make 1.5 perfect! Keep up the great work!

incoming 12 year olds.

Wanted to give you an update regarding the situation. We are currently working on a huge patch (1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles) and we've decided to include the XP fix in these updates. The PC version of the patch is right around the corner - that's why we made the decision to release the XP fix as a part of the patch on computers. At the same time we would like to thank you for your understanding and supporting us.

That sounds promising Marcin, thank you for the update! I don't suppose you have a time frame on the PC patch? Maybe tonight? Tomorrow? Wednesday? Or looking like it might be later?

I'm sure everyone will agree that we do appreciate being kept up to date, and as a developer myself I can certainly understand the complexity of fixing bugs in code, especially those with high impact and high visibility. I know many sound ungrateful but it's just because they care.

Thanks for the great work

Yeah ok, but first you say that it will be on monday then you say it will be with bigger patch with NO ETA. Maybe the patch will be tomorrow maybe not, who knows. For me this is some PR mumbling.

I cannot continue with this game since 3 days since I get no XP from any quest. I finished everything in white orchard and velen and the only thing left that is possible within my level range is going to skellige. I did the skellige step and got no XP, thus stopped with this step and will re-do it once it is fixed.

Having said that, I am losing my patience and being kept off playing a game for too long, in this situation I am kind of forced to because the devs take too long, causes to lose interest in the game.

On top of that; the major lackluster communication what the issues are from the devs to it's consumerbase. This is one of the worst I've ever experienced and it'seems almost on par with EA and Ubisoft. It feels like 90% of CDPR went on holidays after release.

This is a prime example that even CDPR, having the game delayed for 3 months more can't release a bug-free game, and we are here with a game breaking bug. Another example not to pre-purchase games in early-adopters mode. Better always wait half a year and then buy the game instead of being one of the first and eating the dirt, or just pirate it.

I was about to write the same message, but you just expressed my feeling. Pre-order of Cyberpunk 2077 is not gonna happen under those circumstances.

Yeah ok, but first you say that it will be on monday then you say it will be with bigger patch with NO ETA. Maybe the patch will be tomorrow maybe not, who knows. For me this is some PR mumbling.

+1
Because you leave us so more options, developer, other than read your announcements. The former statement that promised a fix for a GAME BREAKING BUG (xp bug renders the game unplayable/not continuable for a lot of us) for today, and this statement nullifying it determined you lied, it's quotable, on the internet, etc.

Time to get a refund, or wait for more bullshit.

I gave real money for this wanna-be product, not promises, and I expect the the value to be returned, not random dev posts about how impotent your team are.

Last edited:

Thx for inform, but what about xbox one patch? 1.04 include XP FIX or not?

I can understand that people are upset, 12 year old or not. This bug halt progression for many players and create a sense of that you shouldn't play the game at the moment and instead wait for the fix.

This should have priority instead of bundling it up with other fixes so people can continue playing.

---------- Updated at 12:51 PM ----------

blindhamster, Ungrateful? We pay our money for product, which is broken, for now. I want to use product, not sitiing and hear some mumbling promises about release fixes, no hotfix on consoles and even release date? What is this? This is not normal

Well, this is a lesson learned for all of us: Don't pre order games and don't buy them just after release - instead, wait ~1-2 months after release date and enjoy a properly patched, stable game instead of being a free beta tester. Might be hard to wait that long, but well... Patience is a virtue ;)

Top Bottom