Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
The thing that pisses me off most about this bug is that you really can't estimate how badly it'll impact your endgame experience. I've been happily questing away for the entire weekend when I began to get suspicious about the fact that I was pretty much flying through levels 10 to 16 the week before and now was still stuck at level 17 after making some big progress on the story.
I just can't believe that losing so much XP in a game which really makes it almost annoyingly hard to level up at all should have only negligible impact on the later game.

Like others have stated before: Found some awesome sword which requires you to be at least level 35? Tough luck, bitch, better luck next time!

I'm really loving the game so far. I've yet to play another RPG where every little side quest is as exiting and engaging as in the Witcher 3, but you dudes really blew it big time with this bug. At least give us console players some kind of compensation, be it a free piece of equipment as one of your 16 free DLCs or maybe add a piece of DLC which gives you 3000 or 4000 xp in one hit to make up for our lost progress.

Really felt good to preorder your game and support one of the last remaining AAA developers which doesn't seem to be all about making as much money as possible, but you guys really have to step up your game when it comes to customer support.

If the fix is ready, then release the fix! I want to love the game, but this no xp is ruining my "experience". How could CD projekt RED let a weekend go by without a fix for this?! I thought the devs put off the release so shit like wouldn't happen. Get it done already!!!

If the fix is ready, then release the fix! I want to love the game, but this no xp is ruining my "experience". How could CD projekt RED let a weekend go by without a fix for this?! I thought the devs put off the release so shit like wouldn't happen. Get it done already!!!

Chill man, it was weekend and today there is a nice sun, they must be at the beach drinking a cocktail. The patch can wait after the "we sold so much Witcher 3!" cocktails, right ?

:huh:

Well, this is a lesson learned for all of us: Don't pre order games and don't buy them just after release - instead, wait ~1-2 months after release date and enjoy a properly patched, stable game instead of being a free beta tester. Might be hard to wait that long, but well... Patience is a virtue

Totally Agree with this statement. 100 %.
Especially when you consider the game has been delayed 8 months

Last edited:

This is a very disappointing way to handle a gamebreaking bug like this. The issue was first reported on 23.05, by the time a patch finally rolls out, PC players will have waited 10 days for a fix, console players 2 weeks or even longer. At least on PC, the bug should have already been hotfixed.

Yesterday I played the game for a couple of hours, starting with lvl 7 and finishing with lvl 9, got XP for every quest that I completed (both main and side quests). My game version is 1.04.
Besides me, my friend also told me he's not suffering from the glitch. Given that, I think people are overreacting about this problem (saying they are unable to play without even trying), it's clear that not everyone has been affected, or maybe it's just a few quests.

Last edited:
This is a very disappointing way to handle a gamebreaking bug like this. The issue was first reported on 23.05, by the time a patch finally rolls out, PC players will have waited 10 days for a fix, console players 2 weeks or even longer. At least on PC, the bug should have already been hotfixed.

Yup, even though I play Witcher 3 on PS4 I can't see any reason for not releasing a hotfix that apparently is done and ready. Why postpone fixing something that should get fixed ASAP. In addition to this it borders on insulting to constantly try and downplay the issue with statements as: "doesn't impact the game balance" and "the XP won't be added back for the finished quests" and the best one "bug doesn't cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend" Then after the weekend they say "PC version of the patch is right around the corner".

The handling of this issue is becoming pretty close to being a farce, albeit not a entertaining one.

No hot fix for XP bug on PC? What a bad call.

Also, they claimed this was just affecting some quests...but have not released a list of those quests? Why not do that?

They are prob testing hotfix with new patch so that patch does not break xp again, that being said, i just finished skellige king side quest line with couple of side quests and had no prob with xp

Yup, even though I play Witcher 3 on PS4 I can't see any reason for not releasing a hotfix that apparently is done and ready. Why postpone fixing something that should get fixed ASAP. In addition to this it borders on insulting to constantly try and downplay the issue with statements as: "doesn't impact the game balance" and "the XP won't be added back for the finished quests" and the best one "bug doesn't cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend" Then after the weekend they say "PC version of the patch is right around the corner".

The handling of this issue is becoming pretty close to being a farce, albeit not a entertaining one.
Are you sure your game is completely broken? None of the quests you tried gave you xp? Because for me the impact or the experience loss was near to zero, I don't remember any quest not giving me xp, even after patch 1.04.

Just to make clear for some: side quests naturally give way less xp than the main ones, I don't think it's a bug.

Last edited:
Are you sure your game is completely broken? None of the quests you tried gave you xp? Because for me the impact or the experience loss was near to zero, I don't remember any quest not giving me xp, even after patch 1.04.

Side quests naturally give way less xp than the main ones, I don't think it's a bug.

Quoting myself from this thread:

Finished the Get junior quest. No experience for that one. Missed 500 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Count Reuven's Treasure quest. No experience for that one. Missed 50 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Matter of life and Death side quest. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Now or never side quest. Got experience for that one. Suggested level 14 / My level 16

Finished The play is the thing. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 11 / My level 16

Finished A poet under preassure. No experience for that one. Missed 1000 xp Suggested level 13 / My level 17

Finished Eye for eye quest. Got 50 xp for that one. Suggested level 12 / My level 17

Finished Redania's most wanted. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 17

Finished Family blade . No experience for that one. Missed ?? xp. Suggested level 15 / My level 20

Finished The king is dead - long live the king. No experience for that one. Missed 600 xp. Suggested lvl 16 / My level 21

Other strange occurrences:

Finished Sword and dumpling quest (Master blacksmith). Got 18 xp for that one (2x 9xp). Suggested lvl 24 / My level 14

FInished The Nithing quest. I got 25 xp for that one even though it was greyed out.

So that is roughly around 2500 xp since I started tracking quests. Will lose more as I progress so why should I keep playing? I would call that pretty broken in a RPG game that balances everything from Skill points, weapons, armor, quests on xp and your level.

Top Bottom