Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
The one that sets all quests to level 68 has been updated. The better (imo) one that sets all quests so that actual level and suggested level match has not been updated yet.

Hi,

So, after this 1.05 patch... Is it ok if I received 5 exp points for completing Pyres of Novigrad quest while being on level 13.? Just to be clear, I didn't load the save before the quest, but the last save before finishing it? Anyone with the same doubts?

Just completed the quest for getting the 3 cards from Novigrad.

0 experience awarded.

EDIT: Checking the rewards file it seems like that quest shouldn't reward experience.

Testing with the cabaret quest. Seems weird so far.

Recommeded level: 14. I'm 19. Should get experience.

Just got to Polly . From the old rewards.xml I should be getting 50 experience. I got 40 Oo

<reward name="sq303_2_polly_acquired" level="12" experience="50" gold="0" achievement="0" script="" comment="" />

Last edited:
The one that sets all quests to level 68 has been updated. The better (imo) one that sets all quests so that actual level and suggested level match has not been updated yet.
Yep, you're right. I use it.

If i want to do some "grey" Quests i simply swap to the original "patch.bundle" File from patch 1.05.

So i get those 5 EXPs for Grey Quests and when i'm doing green Quests i use the modded "patch.bundle" file and surely get "the right amount of EXP".

Better than nothing...

Just got to Polly . From the old rewards.xml I should be getting 50 experience. I got 40 Oo

<reward name="sq303_2_polly_acquired" level="12" experience="50" gold="0" achievement="0" script="" comment="" />

"sq303_2_polly_acquired" is now level 14. In patch 1.05, +6 quests give a flat 5xp, and +5 quests give 80% of the normal amount. So if you're level 19, that explains why you got 40xp instead of 50.

I just did a quest that i was underleveled for( Red With a skull on), and i only got 9 exp lol

If the quest was only supposed to reward 10xp, that would be normal. There seems to be an xp penalty for doing quests far above your level as well.

Last edited:
Restarted and every quest seems to be giving 80% of the exp that was available last patch.
There are no White Orchard quests more than 5 levels above. Seeing how this plays out, but if it continues then what a fix...

Just downloaded the patch on my Ps4 after a week of not playing due to the xp glitch. Went to finish the Carnal Sins quest. Despite being only 2 levels above the suggested level (me being level 18, quest suggestion being 16) I still didn't get any xp! I thought this was fixed?

I'm on PS4, installed Patch 1.04. I'd stopped playing after getting 0 XP for "Poet Under Pressure" at Level 18 with 1123/1500 XP until level up. I just replayed it with the patch installed, and got a shitload of XP- I'm now halfway through Level 19. Looks promising for PS4, if not PC. Obviously may vary from console to console, as the bug did.

I just wanted to say thank you for the patch (everything working fine so far) and your continuous work on this great game. You are doing a very good job CDPR, it's highly appreciated from my side.

regards
DoofDilla

Just downloaded the patch on my Ps4 after a week of not playing due to the xp glitch. Went to finish the Carnal Sins quest. Despite being only 2 levels above the suggested level (me being level 18, quest suggestion being 16) I still didn't get any xp! I thought this was fixed?

In which part of the quest you were when you saved? Because you gain the XP for this quest not when you talk to Dandelion to finish the quest but after the battle before that.

I'm right at the end of it. Just about to go and finish the quest and speak to Dandelion. I didn't realise that you didn't get the xp at the end of the quest.

"sq303_2_polly_acquired" is now level 14. In patch 1.05, +6 quests give a flat 5xp, and +5 quests give 80% of the normal amount. So if you're level 19, that explains why you got 40xp instead of 50.

If the quest was only supposed to reward 10xp, that would be normal. There seems to be an xp penalty for doing quests far above your level as well.
Hi, where can I find that xml? Even the old one could work, since I'm getting desperate testing on my own trying to figure out if I can go back to really play the game again, lol.

why do xbox one players have to wait even longer now...this is complete bullshit...i already been waitn a week so why does everyone else get the patch but xbox one players have to wait...that makes no sense to me

Hi, where can I find that xml? Even the old one could work, since I'm getting desperate testing on my own trying to figure out if I can go back to really play the game again, lol.
You have to unpack the patch.bundle file. Alternatively, you can download this file and look in the uninstall directory within the archive: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55725946/XPModNormal.7z for rewards.xml. That is the original unmodded xp rewards table.

why do xbox one players have to wait even longer now...this is complete bullshit...i already been waitn a week so why does everyone else get the patch but xbox one players have to wait...that makes no sense to me
Pretty sure the blame there is on Microsoft for being slow. They've been screwing up right and left this week when it comes to Witcher 3.

Once a patch is released for any game by a developer the ball is in Microsoft/Sony's court.

Top Bottom