ADRENALINE! What for?

+
ADRENALINE! What for?

It always bugged my that there is a whole mechanism for gaining adrenaline points, but there is no explanation as to why exactly.
I can still remember the first tutorial that informed me that I can gain Adrenaline points by attacking etc...Ok. What for?
To my knowledge, you can't even use them for finishers!

It always bugged my that there is a whole mechanism for gaining adrenaline points, but there is no explanation as to why exactly.
I can still remember the first tutorial that informed me that I can gain Adrenaline points by attacking etc...Ok. What for?
To my knowledge, you can't even use them for finishers!
1. Each Adrenaline point gives bonus to your damage.
2. With an appropriate skill, you can use it instead of stamina to cast Signs.
3. With an appropriate skill it gives bonus to Sign damage as well.
4. It can be used when you drain your stamina for special attacks.
5. With an appropriate skill, it can restore your health when you would die otherwise.

Probably some more stuff as well.

1. The most basic use is increasing the damage with each adrenaline point. Not sure about the exact percentage per point.

Skills related uses.
2. General (yellow) tree - Rage Management skill allows to cast a sign (standard, not alternate mode) when stamina is not full by using one adrenaline point.
3. General (yellow) tree - Focus skill increases not only the damage dealt by swords but also sign intensity with each adrenaline point.
4. Combat (red) tree - Whirl and Rend skills. Each adrenaline point can be used to extend the duration of the special attack after depleting stamina.
5. Combat (red) tree - Undying skill. It's kinda bugged, doesn't work like the description says. It should prevent death when vitality reaches zero, maxed out 5/5 should restore it slightly even with no adrenaline points, with at least one point which is used then it should restore it in 100%. But mostly no matter if it's maxed out or left at 1/5 and the amount of adrenaline points it restores about 10-15% of vitality. Totally not worth it.
6. Combat (red) tree - Flood of Anger skill allows to cast a fully upgraded sign with sign intensity increased by using 3 adrenaline points.
7. Combat (red) tree - Deadly Precision skill. Each adrenaline point increase the chance of instant kill. Max 8% chance (with Superior Maribor Forest potion which gives one additionall point). Probably the best skill which uses adrenaline, especially combined with Whirl.
8. Alchemy (green) tree - Hunter Instinct. With adrenaline points at maximum critical hits damage against targeted enemy is increased (by 100% when maxed out 5/5). But this requires couple more things, correct oil applied and using Superior Thunderbolt for critical hits.

Potions related uses.
9. Superior Blizzard potion. With adrenaline points at maximum (3/3 or 4/4 with Superior Maribor Forest potion) actions don't use stamina. This can be used to spam signs or for infinite Whirl.

Of course there is a must have skill when it comes to adrenaline. Resolve - maxed out provide no adrenaline loss after taking damage.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, having maxed Adrenaline (3 pips) gives a 30% bonus. Presumably, that would mean that each one confers a 10% bonus by itself, but there might be some sort of scaling in place.

To be absolutely honest... I went through an entire Death March playthrough having never figured out or noticed what colour are the adrenaline bars when they are filled... are they filled when they are red or when it's silver? They never really seem to be inbetween (or from what my eyes notice).

None of the adrenaline points perks have ever worked for me.. I don't know if its a bug of if im using them wrong

with my build it mostly helps keep the whirl going or deal massive damg with rend. If you turn your action log on you ll also see in numbers the difference in damage it does for normal attacks and its a lot if you got 3 points. I noticed it that buff more in my DM run, especially early on since combat lasts more.

Top Bottom