Adult content

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent_Blue

den1al said:
This is an endless topic, it would never be settled with reason alone.

The best way is those "scenes" to be optional. That way both parties will be happy. :)

hmm...

They already said they're working on weaving those scenes into the story. That means they will be relevant - either something relevant will happen or Geralt will learn something relevant. That means an opt out option would have CDProjekt recording additional fully clothed scenes where Geralt learns the relevant information or where something as relevant to the story happens.

Leaving aside for the moment the question of whether that's even possible, what are you prepared to sacrifice, story-wise or other, in order for CDprojekt to spend time and manpower working out these additional scenes?

If you don't like the nudity, kindly go and play a different game.

We don't want, or need, RED to pander to people. Respect their vision or play something else. It's that simple.

KeyserM said:
Hello there .

I'm one of the biggest Withcer game fan I already finished the first 2 games more than once TW2 is my 2th top game of this gen and can't wait for the third .

I love almost every thing about the game except the nude scene in the game . I can't tell you to remove it from the tow games or the next game just because I believe the game doesn't need nor any game needs nude scene I mean seriously I don't see this content adding anything to my experience actually it make it hard to me to invite friend to play the game or tell my brother about it cause this kind of content is really embarrassing and not welcomed in my culture at least .

but as I said before I can't ask you to remove it cause you have your own philosophy about it . and as you said we want to give the player a full freedom in this game .

so I'm asking you kindly to give me my freedom as well and add a choice in the option to disable the adult content cause I don't like it or need it and I'm sure there are a lot of people out there agree with me .

at the end it is a choice for the player to see this content or not . we all know choices is what makes RPG special

and The Withcer games is all about the choices right ?

sorry for my English . />/>

Since when was Sexuality suddenly a bad thing to humanity ? (I live in the middle-east, so yeah)

Sexuality has always been a part of us and will always be, don't deny it, embrace it and control it.

FoggyFishburne said:

We don't want, or need, RED to pander to people. Respect their vision or play something else. It's that simple.

Uh...I rather like them pandering to me!

Nekkid Geralt please.

I have some bad news for you... Seriously though, how sexually insecure do you have to be to be to actually look down on nudity?

FoggyFishburne said:

I see no problem of having an option to switch violence/nudity on/off. I mean what's the harm exactly? I'm personally not a big fan of extreme gore in games. (one of the reasons why I never played The Darkness games)

However, whether or not CDPR implements this into TW3 (doubt it) it will not affect my purchase decision. Just throwing my 2 cents into the discussion.

Why do people turn into sanctimonious jerks when someone like the OP makes a perfectly reasonable request? Myslef, I don't mind nudity in games, as long was it makes sense story-wise. But, here's a news flash for you. Some people keep their pc's in a public spot in the house (living room, den, etc.) Perhaps they are uncomfortable with scenes that are inappropriate for younger children? I don't know. People need to get off their high horse and stop judging others.

If not for the good lord of sex, none of what we are doing right now would have ever been possible.
CDPR will continue to make great games all in the name of plowing!! LOL
OP is fine that option gives ua all what we want ;)

If you don't like mature content, don't play mature games.

I don't get why so many people have such a big problem with nudity,
but chopping the head off someone is a-ok to them.

-.-;

Yes, an option to switch it off would be ok.
But there is a whole other issue (read further)...

Some people keep their pc's in a public spot in the house (living room, den, etc.) Perhaps they are uncomfortable with scenes that are inappropriate for younger children?

Would you want your children to watch you set people on fire with Igni ?
To me that's a bigger problem than nudity, killing people without remorse is not something a child should witness.

Bottom line is: don't play these games in front of children.
There are games meant to play with kids around, TW is not one.

Ballowers100 said:
Not true. Not everyone in America thinks nudity is bad and has to be censored. I mean look under my profile picture what it says at location where I am from. I like nudity in video games when I play them.
Ballowers100 said:
Can we avoid making this about "national" views please?
Sorry. I should've expressed myself more clearly. Even if not every citizen reacts negatively, it is clear to me that politicians and media (those in power) are very skewed in this regard and have given me the impression that they often react stronger against nipples than someone being shot in a game. I meant no offence, though; merely an observation. I know that most players are more acceptable. Anyway, like I said, wrong topic for that.

I see no problem whatsoever with an option of censoring the games either from a menu option or via specific releases of the games. Black bars (might be laughable) or a simple fade-to-black would do the trick, together with covered-up boobies when we're talking about inescapable in-game models. Options are never a bad thing.

Agent_Blue

Zanderat said:
Why do people turn into sanctimonious jerks when someone like the OP makes a perfectly reasonable request? Myslef, I don't mind nudity in games, as long was it makes sense story-wise. But, here's a news flash for you. Some people keep their pc's in a public spot in the house (living room, den, etc.) Perhaps they are uncomfortable with scenes that are inappropriate for younger children? I don't know. People need to get off their high horse and stop judging others.

Well, I don't think you are addressing the implications of an opt out option.

Anyway, those who «keep their pc's in a public spot» would rather not have their younger children watch through nudity. Fine. Would they be OK with them watching hands, possibly heads, being cut off, profuse blood splattering, fiendish looking beasts bellowing and what not?

Let them play when their children are asleep. Send them off to bed earlier if necessary, and plug in the headphones.

Isn't diversity great? It means that there are many games on the market that cater to different people. If nudity, violence, etc. are an issue for you for whatever reason, pick up a game that doesn't have them.

Welcome op, i have no problem with nudity but if CDPR have time to implement a toggle to remove nudity it is fine by me.

Oh god please no, I dont want the influence of focusgroups wrap their tentacles around the witcher series or any other series for that matter.

Its already bad enough that most western european stuff is indistinguishable from american outputs not just in terms of design but also thematics.

And I mean this is more than just about tits, its about the homogenization of the videogame space where "nothing out of the norm" is the norm.

As long as it doesn't hurt the experience of people who want sex and violence in their game, then I suppose I'm all for having some kind of switch that you could toggle on and off in the options menu.

It shouldn't take much time or effort to slap on some black bars to hide the nudity. I'm not sure how you would hide the violence though, since combat is such an integral part of the series. I suppose you could have an option to turn off the blood effects, but is that really the same as hiding the violence? You would still be killing people in the game with your sword.

The thing is though, The Witcher games are mature at heart. And it's not just the nudity or violence, but some of the themes of the game: racism, war, oppression, love, poverty, intimate relationships, etc, that make it mature.

I, personally, enjoy the nudity. I mean, even if the person nude isn't attractive. I think it's just fun. And maybe more than that, if you want to be able to simulate an immersive realistic relationship in a game between two people, sex is an important part of intimacy, and it's realistic to portray that.

But again, I'm all for having the censor option, if it doesn't affect the people who want a mature game. And, by the way, welcome Keyser M :)

When I was still married to my husband, and our computers were in the living room, our rule was no mature games when the boys were up or home. It is our responsibility as parents to determine what is acceptable for our children to see, not game developers, TV/movie producers, etc. I don't want my children who are younger exposed to violence or sexual situations, therefore as a parent I do not expose them to it.

Now as for having an on/off switch for it for someone who may be uncomfortable with it, I couldn't care less if they implement it, I actually enjoy the nudity since for the most part it is tastefully done, and seems to fit in well with the story in my humble opinion. However, I do understand that there are people who are not comfortable with it, and having the ability to turn it off isn't a bad thing for them.

For the record my knee jerk reaction was the same as many here, why are you playing this type of game if you have an issue with nudity. However, after more thought I do see there are many things these games offer without the nudity, so yeah, offering the ability to turn it off isn't a bad thing to ask, though I don't honestly see it happening.

Flitters said:
There is also the "Escape" key you could CHOOSE to hit. It's the one with "Esc" on it.Try that.

Uh....covered butt not covered up.

Flitters said:
My only issue is full frontal for the women while Geralt is wearing trousers now how is that right? You don't even get butt crack. Pffft.... not right....just not right.

All's fair.

tehdude said:
Oh god please no, I dont want the influence of focusgroups wrap their tentacles around the witcher series or any other series for that matter.

Its already bad enough that most western european stuff is indistinguishable from american outputs not just in terms of design but also thematics.

And I mean this is more than just about tits, its about the homogenization of the videogame space where "nothing out of the norm" is the norm.

I agree somewhat.

CDPR has risked a lot by not following the mainstream, but they succeeded and
added a long needed diversity to the genre.
They dared to make games for a mature audience.

And while I'm ok with having the option to switch mature content on or off,
I think that it goes in the wrong direction here.

Why ? Because the Witcher game is made with a mature audience in mind.

It's like requesting an option to turn off the blood in a splatter movie,
so you can watch it in a kindergarten.
Who does that ? Watch it at home, in private.

And another thing that bothers me is that there frequently are complaints about nudity,
but never about brutality, murder and violence.

In what kind of world do we live where murder is fine, but showing some bare skin is a crime ?

This is just a general thought, not meant to criticize anyone who posted in this topic or the OP.
You are all entitled to your own opinion, I just wanted to voice mine.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom