Advantages and disadvantages of different arm cyberware?

+
I don't know how to choose the best arm cyberware for my character. I assume that different arm cyberware suits different builds of V, but I don't know what arm cyberware goes with what sort of build. Are there attributes, skills or perks that go better with one sort of arm cyberware than another?

xlawx

Forum regular
There is no disadvantages, just different advantage.
Only disadvantage is look, your real arms lost and it looks "robotic" permanently.

If you are at begin to play, go side missions, exploring district and you will find cyberwares somewhere for free or by reward. So you will save amount of money and go experimenting with the looted cyberwares.

Just a note a long the same subject matter - if you equip Johnny's arm there is no way to unequip it - that i've found anyway... Outside the Sweet Dreams side-mission probably...

Gorilla Arms.

Every Katana is better than mantis blades + you don't have a strong attack kill animation.
Monowire is terrible.
Launcher doesn't scale well.

xlawx

Forum regular
Gorilla Arms.

Every Katana is better than mantis blades + you don't have a strong attack kill animation.
Monowire is terrible.
True.
But all are fun and it's a matter of players taste. It's not necessary to max effective OP build, since all builds you can be OP at mid-game.

Gorilla Arms.

Monowire is terrible.
Katana strong kill animation is a stab followed by beheading. If you do it during kerenzekov, it's a death sentence because you get frozen in place for like 5 seconds.

The launcher's drawback is that it takes up a quick slot. The mantis blades advantage is it takes up no slot at all. It's a fourth weapon slot so you can use for example a blunt weapon, a shotgun and a rifle if you wanted, plus a free blade weapon slot. Strange oversight I just discovered.

So do Mantis Blades use Blade skill? Do you use it instead of a katana?

Does other arm cyberware use different skills?
Mantis blades uses the blade tree, gorilla arms uses the brawler tree, putting points into cool increases monowire damage though I am not seeing perks that improve it, not seeing any stat or perk for the launcher. So maybe the monowire and launcher are already pretty powerful or there's no big stat boost for them in the cyberpunk universe.

I think I understand what you looking for.

To summarise :
  • Projectile Launcher arm: Different rocket launcher Dmg types available. Bonus mod attachments can increases armor, crit chance or resistance to status effect dmg. The launcher is a preference for someone building a more dmg resistant character.
  • Gorilla Arms : Focused for blunt / fist combat. There is a story-arch focused on this. Brawler perk tree emphasis
  • Monowire : Takes a more stealthy approach to yr chosen arm mod.
  • Mantis Blades : Melee combat focus character who embodies the dmg potential of yr character.
  • Note : The legendary version of all this arm modification allows a third mod slot that you can equip the Sensory Amplifier too. This further enhances yr character. Different version of this mod are available at unique Ripper Doc locations :
  • 1610332597258.png

I hate mantis blade animation... im around 30 killers and wanna go on a streak and it just gets a kill animation cause i hold the click 0.2s longer :D

I wanted to love Mantis Blades so much, and they're cool for a while, but they start feeling repetitive and ... feathery?

Gorilla Arms make you feel powerful. When you're smashing people they feel weighty. Though still repetitive.

Yet to try the monowire.... for any length.

*smirk*

Gorilla arms and nano wire make use of the Brawler tree if I'm not mistaken. However I find that my legendary nano wire doesn't even compare to the Rare Gorilla arms. the gorilla arms are OP because they let you stun lock enemies who are way above your level. I destroyed a room of enemies who were 15 levels higher just by using Gorilla arms.

Just be aware that any cybernetic arms, will PERMANENTLY remove your real arms! So none of them is also an option.

I found the rocket launchign arm to be slow, and underwhelming. It replaced your grenade slot anyway, and seems to be less useful imho.. But, they dont require you to equip directly, like the other 3 cybernetics, and can be used while having another weapon equipped, at the cost of not having a grenade equipped. They do not scale well later in game, at all!

I found Gorilla arms powerful and extremely useful throughout, particul;arly durign street fight quests.

Monowire can feel powerful, but the monowire doesnt really fill a role that gorilla arms, or Mantis blades dont already fill. Making them quite redundant. They seem to have slightly longer reach, but thats about it. I did find them fun to use however, and did not try them later in game, so no idea how they scale.

I like the Monowire more than Mantis blades, but Mantis blades have far more support in the talent trees. Hopwever. swords are always stronger than Mantis blades.

Gorilla Arms>Mantis Blades>Monowire>Rocket Launcher

If you are at begin to play, go side missions, exploring district and you will find cyberwares somewhere for free or by reward. So you will save amount of money and go experimenting with the looted cyberwares.

yes, by exploring you can find a free lengendary mantis blade and a free legendary monowire

Top Bottom