Advent Teaser

+

seems to be set in a dystopian future, with elements of hacking and genetics involved. Looking at the site, you can see a few disturbance that seem to be caused by hacker denouncing Advent’s misdeeds, including millions of missing people. The following text seems to give an interesting outlook on the setting.
“Amazing advancements in architectural construction have led to a new kind of city. The gleaming towers are specifically designed to utilize space in efficient ways never before seen, as well as provide the comforts and amentities of a resort. Each living unit is outlined with the very best in high-tech comfort and utilitarian style.

Protected 24 hours a day by ADVENT forces, citizens can have a peace of mind with the knowledge that their families are always safe.
ADVENT Cities are a fresh start. Join us and help us build a brighter future today.”
The setting sounds very BioShock-like, but it could easily be something entirely new. There’s also the possibility that this might be the game the new studio Hangar 13 has been working on.

The gene therapy catches my eye, and what potentially unpleasent side-effects it might have.

Yeah saw this a few days ago in a news feed thing on my phone. Seems interesting.

Also... nice find braindancer. It would be nice to get another XCOM game. The first thing I thought of when I read what you wrote was "XCOM: Apocalypse?", because that was a city based game after all. On UFOpaedia I also read that the some downloadable pdf uses a font known as "XCOM-Regular". Also, the Advent site does also mention "We are still watching" at times, which might be relevant. Because in XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within the voice that at times gives you special missions, and tells you how well you did at the end of a month in the game, does always say "And remember. We will be watching".

Although... so far we do not know if it will be an XCOM or not... Some have speculated that it might be a new Bioshock. Although, the XCOM stuff seems to be a stronger lead. It could of course also just be a compleatly new game, unrelated of both XCOM and Bioshock... or heck, it could maybe be a XCOM+Bioshock hybrid kind of a thing.

The fact that it is 2K that is releasing the info about this Advent thing does make me think that it might just not be Firaxis XCOM related though... since if it was it would seem more logical that it would be Firaxis that would be releasing this information. So if it is not Firaxis XCOM related... and if it is more 2K XCOM related... then it might be related to the other XCOM game. You know... The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. Which of course was not as well rechieved as XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within.

The images and such seen on the Advent page does not make me think of a 3rd person shooter type of a game though... they make me more think of Firaxis XCOM and the original UFO/XCOM games.

Who knows. I will atleast be keeping my eye on it (they have done a good job in that sence), and hope that it is a Firaxis and/or original UFO/XCOM game related, rather than 2K XCOM or Bioshock related (Bioshock was/is an allright game series, but nowhere near as good as UFO/X-Com/XCOM games in my opinion).

Last edited:
it’s indeed a new XCOM game, let me solve the riddle!

Hidden within the site, there is this link, that hides (not very well) the letters “GFIILOD” in black, and links to the pamphlet.

In the pamphlet, there’s a picture with what seems to be a cellular structure, but it’s simply a way to hide the letters “NCOVO” in red.

Now we can put the letters together, and we get “GFIILOD NCOVO.” Meaningless? Not at all. It’s just the anagram of “Vigilo Confido,” the motto that appears on the emblem of the XCOM in XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

The official announcement should be coming soon, but in the meanwhile, we can be definitely confident , that a new XCOM game is coming.

@Calistarius
what has been shown so far also really reminds me of XCOM: Apocalypse from 1997

Cool. :)

Going to be great to get a new XCOM game... since the last one (that of XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within that is) was one of my favorit games in the past few years.

Also... not that this changes anything at all... since the "hidden" parts have already been found on that page.

But if you go to the page, where one finds the “GFIILOD” letters, and press ctrl+A when there (this is with IE, might work differently with other browsers, not sure... holding in left mousebutton and draging across the entire page should also work), to mark the entire page, then you will find that the entire page is filled with "lies", not only the "icon of text", but also most of the seeming white background. This will also make it so that the background, of the actual visible text in the "text icon", turns blue to highlight the text icon.

@braindancer
Yeah, as I already said I am getting that kind of a vibe to. Hopefully it is not compleatly Apocalypse, because eventhough I liked the game in general, there where some problems with it. For me it was mostly that it did not feel as much "UFO/X-Com" as the first one anymore. As a game in general though I did enjoy it, just not as much and to the same level as UFO: Enemy Unknown ("X-Com: Defence" for the Americans). I have played it more often then Terror From the Deep though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom