Advice on card crafting (F2P leisure player)

+
Advice on card crafting (F2P leisure player)

Hi everyone!

Gwent is awesome. I've loved it since first playing it in the main game, and I really enjoy the new standalone game CDPR has created. Well, I do since the open beta, because I quit the closed beta when I was constantly paired with opponents who had waaaaaaaay better decks than me.

Now, I play about half an hour, maybe sometimes as much as an hour a day. Basically, I try to play as far as the first tier each day, so that I can get a keg every day and enjoy some new cards.
The progress is slow, but enough for me. I'm coming close to reaching level 10 soon, so I'm expecting to encounter some more fierce resistance. I enjoy playing at random with the factions, not preferring any above the other.

My actual question: I've amassed about 1400 scraps (haven't really crafted anything yet), and I would like to craft a silver card for each faction, and maybe a neutral special one as well.
Suggestions?

Thanks already!

It depends on which deck you're playing now. There are some general recommendations... For silver cards, check out this thread.

For gold cards:

First tier:
  1. Renew
  2. Geralt: Igni
2nd tier:
  1. Avallac'h
  2. Ciri
These 4 cards work in almost any deck, but the 2nd tier has some more limitations.

You should focus on 1 or 2 factions in order to make competitive decks (not saying you should disenchant others (unless they are full value due to patch), but don't craft them atm).
My experience in card games is that only legendaries should be crafted, others you will have many duplicates in few weeks (especially with the very little amount of cards atm).
I would craft a good neutral legendary that can fit and better all your decks

Personally I would concentrate on neutrals. As they can go into any deck. They may not be the best fit though.

On the other hand a few specific faction cards can boost your deck significantly. With neutrals filling in the rest. Getting one of each faction would spread it too thin. That's just my view though.

In general I can recommend Regis: Higher Vampire because this card often gives you insight in the opponents strategy and sometimes even lets you eliminate key units.
But this card is played very very often these days so a nerf wouldn't be surprising.

Hi peeps,

Thanks for the replies. I ended up spending my 1400 scraps on the following:

Gold:
- Renew

Silver:
- Dimeritium Bomb
- Olgierd
- Aukes

I already had a decent Nilfgaard setup as well as Scoia'tael (three silvers from kegs), so I decided to go neutral and splurge on the Aukes card.

I must say I'm tempted to spent future scraps on Monster cards, because I just love how they look... Not really the main point, but I mainly play just because I like to see the artwork in action =)

Anyway, I played some this morning and got my ass handed to me a couple of times, but often gave as good as I got. Sadly the 2 kegs I got this morning were mediocre in their cards at best ^^

See y'all on the board! Good game to all =)

SpartanLaurent;n8955270 said:
Hi everyone!

Gwent is awesome. I've loved it since first playing it in the main game, and I really enjoy the new standalone game CDPR has created. Well, I do since the open beta, because I quit the closed beta when I was constantly paired with opponents who had waaaaaaaay better decks than me.

Now, I play about half an hour, maybe sometimes as much as an hour a day. Basically, I try to play as far as the first tier each day, so that I can get a keg every day and enjoy some new cards.
The progress is slow, but enough for me. I'm coming close to reaching level 10 soon, so I'm expecting to encounter some more fierce resistance. I enjoy playing at random with the factions, not preferring any above the other.

My actual question: I've amassed about 1400 scraps (haven't really crafted anything yet), and I would like to craft a silver card for each faction, and maybe a neutral special one as well.
Suggestions?

Thanks already!

Step 1: Craft 10 Savage Bears
Step 2: Despair that you can "only" use 3 in a deck
Step 3: Mill 7 Savage Bears
Step 4: Win every game with the remaining bears
Step 5: Craft a monster weather deck from the ashes of the 7 bears, just incase there are too many harpies to counter your bears.
Step 6: Win ladder

Top Bottom