Aeron What????

+
Aeron What????

Dear CDPR, please give us back the original LADY OF THE LAKE

I knew she'd be around, I heard the talks, the gossip, the awe, but I waited... I had no idea where to look for her and I didn't want to. I knew we'd found each other again when we were ready. I went on doing Witcher's stuff, here and there, all over the country, with absolutely no knowledge or interest in knowing if there was any particular order for me to do them. And then, at my very last side job before getting deep into the mission which I was brought here for, there she was, already waiting, knowing all I had done and without asking me to do anything else, she gave me back my sword.

NOW PUT THE YOUNGLINGS IN YOUR STAFF TO WATCH THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL THEY GET IT!
SHE'S A FUCKING GODDESS!
"We've met before"????????????? - We f***** our brains off under the stars of Lakeside!!!!

And compare the above to this:

- Pay me a compliment, Witcher
- You still have a great ASS!
That would be the least I would expect! And when did she became so prude? And when did you? Console censorship cuz you know kids around 11 play COD? B/S!!! - They love COD, they don't love Geralt and everything about The Witcher!
Give us a free, small DLC, with the TRUE LADY OF THE LAKE or stuff my AERONDICK in your Sheathhole!!!

For the record, yes, we've met, 8 years ago. And if I remember my very first girl when we were both 15 (and that was some 37 years ago) and most of the women I've been involved, and there were quite a few before I got married, (and my wife for the past 23 yrs can't read Englis, gladly),, and you're telling me that Geralt would not remember FUCKING A GODDESS, which happened AFTER he was back and remembering at least what he was living it up again? With his full memory restored, he surely remember every single one of them!

You've created it! Don't tame it. Let it loose!!!

The Witcher's Fourth Act Takes RPGs to the Next Level
http://kotaku.com/the-witchers-fourth-act-takes-rpgs-to-the-next-level-1623958861

PS.: Please be kind enough to try and see the joke where it is a joke and the serious part where it is serious. *or read the replies bellow) I might have misaddressed myself here and there, after all, English is not even my language. (cool excuse huh?)

Last edited:
So you basicly want CDPR to mention that lady of the lake and Geralt fucked which isn't relevant to the story and their relationship may not even exist depending on players choice (Geralt might refuse to sleep with lady of the lake). Also Geralt isn't a kind of person who would just compliment woman just like that, he is in fact very shy and akward person. You claim to be 52 years old but you act like a teenager. This game isn't sex simulator and things you described don't fit into it.

So you basicly want CDPR to mention that lady of the lake and Geralt fucked which isn't relevant to the story and their relationship may not even exist depending on players choice (Geralt might refuse to sleep with lady of the lake). Also Geralt isn't a kind of person who would just compliment woman just like that, he is in fact very shy and akward person. You claim to be 52 years old but you act like a teenager. This game isn't sex simulator and things you described don't fit into it.

That is really the least importat part of their encounter and if you can't see the sarcasm in it, I'm sorry. She knighted him. He took a knee and she knighted him! With words that you should watch in the vídeo. And she wasn't just some generic elf woman in her panties. She is a Goddess. How would he forget that and blabber some "we've met before" b/s? Whether they screwed or not, is optional and up to each player. Again, the least important part of the encounter. Sorry you missed that.

Aaaa so that what you meant. You were so focused on the fact that they had sex. About Geralt and this whole "we've met before" I'm okay with that, he clearly remebers her and in my opinion it was sort of flirtious joke.

The Lady of the Lake does acknowledge Gerald in a roundabout way, by telling Gerald "try not to lose it (aerondight) this time".

But I agree with @RageGT , the quest left me perplexed. I don't know why Gerald needed to show 5 virtues to regain the sword given prior events.

Is this a joke?

Sort of, in a serious way. Read the article linked in the OP. The sex part truly is a joke. The "SHE'S A FUCKING GODDESS!" is not. Geralt should kneel before her and reverence her properly, she should not stay under water, (wtf was that? Did she mutated into a Vodyanoi? Is she Dagon now? Or just lazy not to greet her greatest knight and be greeted by him properly?)

There were plenty dialogues that recalled and even extended the explanation of TW1/TW2 moments in Wild Hunt. They should have at least one "Shani HOS moment", with a full dialogue options and stuff. No need for it but the extra compliment would be just an awesome Easter Egg for those who enjoyed that quest since 8 years ago. Sure, they've met. And she gave Geralt a quest then. I would die to see them discussing how he's struggled to keep it on the right path through the events after Lakeside and those of TW2.

I felt like it was rushed as hell and everyone criticizing me, think about it. All you wanted from that encounter was to get the damn sword and get out of there? I WANTED MOAR!

The Lady of the Lake does acknowledge Gerald in a roundabout way, by telling Gerald "try not to lose it (aerondight) this time".

But I agree with @RageGT , the quest left me perplexed. I don't know why Gerald needed to show 5 virtues to regain the sword given prior events.

I had done it all without knowing. I have read absolutely no spoilers about BAW, other than Aerondight was back (thus, of course, The Lady) and that I should finish the MQ before finishing BAW for some little bonus encounter, suggested to me in these forums and which I immediately obeyed!

I would love to see her talking about how my Geralt did it all before being asked or directed to do it by the Hermit. The requirements to enable the reward is not really what bothered me. I did it anyway, prior to that side quest, without even imagining that it would have any influence on that side quest. It would be the best BAW reward to me, a real encounter with the real Lady of the Lake, not some generic elvish doppler in her stead.

Last edited:
I had done it all without knowing. I have read absolutely no spoilers about BAW, other than Aerondight was back (thus, of course, The Lady) and that I should finish the MQ before finishing BAW for some little bonus encounter, suggested to me in these forums and which I immediately obeyed!

I would love to see her talking about how my Geralt did it all before being asked or directed to do it by the Hermit. The requirements to enable the reward is not really what bothered me. I did it anyway, prior to that side quest, without even imagining that it would have any influence on that side quest. It would be the best BAW reward to me, a real encounter with the real Lady of the Lake, not some generic elvish doppler in her stead.

If I hadn't played TW1, I would be happy with the quest as is. It's knowing about the lady of the lake from TW1 which makes this quest perplexing.

The requirements only bothered me because the lady had already previously deemed Geralt worthy of the sword, why does he have to prove his worth again.

Guest 3847602

The requirements only bothered me because the lady had already previously deemed Geralt worthy of the sword, why does he have to prove his worth again.

I've read here that importing a save from TW1 and 2, grants you the sword even without proving the 5 virtues to the Lady.

You’ll do this by taking on five specific quests and ensuring you complete them with a certain outcome. Chose right, and you will be rewarded. If you import a save file from the previous two games (that had this sword), you’ll only have to fight the hermit.

IIRC that's how I got it, but I'm not 100% sure. :unsure:

Hmmm, well I imported this sword from TW1 into TW2, but it ended up in my stash. I then imported that save into TW3. I guess we'll see if I get a shortcut (haven't played B&W yet).

I've read here that importing a save from TW1 and 2, grants you the sword even without proving the 5 virtues to the Lady.

I generally do the simulated save, so i don't get stuck with that ugly tattoo. Will do an import next time to try it out. Thanks.

I generally do the simulated save, so i don't get stuck with that ugly tattoo. Will do an import next time to try it out. Thanks.

I have doubts if this information is correct, it has been said by developers that no choices from the previous games matter in Blood and Wine. The save import in Witcher 3 does not use any of the facts that have possibly been imported from TW1 into the TW2 save, even though it would be technically possible. The Shani romance choice from TW1 in Hearts of Stone is also "simulated", rather than taken from the save file. The imported facts from TW2 are defined in gameplay/globals/w2import.csv (see this post for a list of them, as far as I know, all are false by default), maybe there are more elsewhere, but I do not think that is very likely.

Last edited:
If I hadn't played TW1, I would be happy with the quest as is. It's knowing about the lady of the lake from TW1 which makes this quest perplexing.

That might be correct but I can't confirm it. All my TW2 runs had Aerondight from start, with saves imported from TW1. All my TW3 runs are from imported TW2 save files that had Aerondight from start. Thing is, it was the very last side quest in BAW, by purely coincidence, so I guess that I would have all the requirements checked even if I hadn't always used an imported save game file.

As to why, @nfi42, that's an easy one. Bloody Hermit is bloody jealous!!! Always has been! =))

Guest 3847602

That might be correct but I can't confirm it. All my TW2 runs had Aerondight from start, with saves imported from TW1. All my TW3 runs are from imported TW2 save files that had Aerondight from start. Thing is, it was the very last side quest in BAW, by purely coincidence, so I guess that I would have all the requirements checked even if I hadn't always used an imported save game file.

Well, in my case, I had Aerondight at the end of TW1 and kept it for the entirety of TW2 (along with Raven's Armor and G'valchir).
In BaW I've obtained Aerondight before meeting Regis at the cemetary in La Cage au Fou quest (I'm 100% certain of this), which is fairly early in the expansion's main questline.
What I don't remember for sure is how many of other sidequests I completed (and chivalric virtues I demostrated) before getting that sword, but iirc I still had a lot of activities left to do at this point. ;)

Attachments

• Corinne Tilly.jpg
    Corinne Tilly.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 900
  • Fringilla Vigo.jpg
    Fringilla Vigo.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 351
  • Anna Henrietta.jpg
    Anna Henrietta.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 456
You are mocking players by adding lots of stunning women, but only a few of them can be slept with. :p I understand that Geralt found Yen, he has looked for, for so long, but let the players decide themselves whom to sleep with, and whom to not. This is Geralt of Rivia after all. His love for women is an undisputable attribute, just like medallion on the neck.

View attachment 61471
View attachment 61451
View attachment 61461

One my Geralt related well enough for some involvement was Tomira. Her past an all. I'm a sucker for women whom has given up everything for love.
Tomira
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net..._Tomira.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160529120441

The problem here is no save import from TW1, so the most she can say is that they've met.

It is technically possible to import everything from a TW2 save that was imported to it from TW1. So, the information about the player having acquired the sword in the first game is there, as is Thaler's fate, and various other things. However, as far as I know, all of that is ignored by TW3.

The Goddess and The Knight - Which one is a Jest?

For comparison's sake...

TW3 B&W (2016) - 33 seconds of a Goddess on screen

The Witcher EE ( 2008 ) - 5 minutes

Top Bottom