aerondight bug (reproducible)

+
Hi,

This probably will never get fixed but I'm letting people know here in case someone comes across or wants to avoid.
I used console to get aerondight ep2, and it works fine up until the point where you hand in the quest 'a favour for a friend' to Keira. Once you hand in this quest, the sword no longer gains charges, and it does not matter if you use the console to grab a new aerondight. Something somehow in this quest gets the sword to bug out.

I've reproduced this effect with this quest only, with no mods, and with aerondight not even in my inventory (i.e. I dropped it before handing in quest, picked it up afterwards, as well as dropped it before handing in and using the console to grab a new aerondight).

Weird bug but just stating here. This is not NG+.

Ay, I'd say it's very unlikely this would be fixed, since it results from a console command. So long as obtaining the sword through the normal quest progression in Toussaint still works as intended, there's not much of an issue.

You could try making a mod where a vender sells an Aerondight but that's the only thing I can think of that could cheat you into getting one.

I used console to get aerondight ep2...

My guess would be that this is your problem right here. Since Aerondight uses a script, and it's not introduced until much later in the game by design, it's likely that something about that quest manages to turn off the scripts. Perhaps a global command for something else. Using the console to "hack" in changes like that may result in any range of weirdness or issues.

Are you using any other mods, or did you ever use any in the past?

You could try making a mod where a vender sells an Aerondight but that's the only thing I can think of that could cheat you into getting one.

From what I've gathered over time, the "shop" system in the game is actually very complex and prone to breaking if anything is added to it or changed. No idea how, exactly, it works, but the REDs have made a few statements over time that fiddling with shop inventories is a not-good thing.

Wouldn't want to stop people from trying, though! The community has already pulled off a lot of stuff that looked hopeless at one point! (Just make sure everything's backed up. :p)

Top Bottom