After >90 hours have to decide if worth starting over or quit due to exp bug.

+
This whole issue of XP has got a little confused, but to the best of my knowledge, there are two separate issues:
1. "Greyed out" quests, i.e. quests at a much lower level than your own, don't give XP. This is by design (presumably to try to keep the game balanced). There are still quest rewards for these, just not XP.
2. There is a bug that came from one of the patches and only affects console versions that means that some other quests are also not getting XP.

Regarding those two linked articles, the Gamespot one reports it accurately. The IGN one is as confused as a lot of other people are.

Ah I see! Well good to know. Thanks for clarifying. I have only been able to find information on the 1 bug but it appears there is another that flat out wont give you xp regardless of level? Really appreciate your time Dragonbird. Take it easy!

---------- Updated at 05:24 AM ----------

This is incorrect. I and many other are on PC and are experiencing the bug as well.

---------- Updated at 05:22 AM ----------

The link in the Gamespot article has 16 pages and was created by a player, the one I posted has 26 pages and was started by Marcin Momot. How they are the same thread in your world is beyond me.

It is linked in the IGN page I posted "according to" highlighted in red fyi. :D

Well if you playing on PC and wouldn't mind a little head start on your restart i have a lvl 7 100% legit strong start you might enjoy. Might take the edge off of having to start over, it's a decent completely customizable world state save game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/77/?

Just wanted to thank you for putting that together, i was planning on doing another run after i finish the main story line and the beginning was the only thing i wasnt exactly excited about.

So yeah thank you!

The reason I am upset is what others have pointed out and many are ignoring. It is NOT a little bit of exp. If you are a person who can just stick your head in the sand and ignore this, good for you, but don't try to convince someone that does care that something exists.... doesn't. I was level 13 in velen and at around level 10 no quests regardless of level were giving exp anymore... by the time i got to Novigrad nothing there was giving exp either. While fine at first... by the time you get later in the game you cannot level and cannot reach level limits for higher gear sets. All for simply exploring every nook and cranny instead of rushing through the main story only and presumably this bug. I am on PC... so its not simply a console issue. I am still at the point of likely restarting.... but the longer they delay the fix the more likely I am to just move on. I can handle minor bugs/issues but this is a MAJOR issue that should be hotfixed ASAP and not delayed until its convenient. I have not idea but I would imagine the sales and active players on Steam took a giant hit this weekend and the longer the fix is delayed I would anticipate the consequences to also be prolonged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom