After about 250+ Hours......

+
I don't understand the obsession with police systems. It's such a waste of time and resources. I don't want a GTA clone. I want to play a merc and battle gangs and corps, not go randomly assaulting civilians and meaningless police NPC.

I'd rather they focus more assets on other gameplay elements than the police gimmick.

The melee, the third person cutscenes and perspective. Blocking as a melee build in first person feels awful, and is obsolete the vast majority of the time as either most mobs shoot at you, and the few that do seem to strike in melee at Very Hard pretty much ignore the block/parry system or drain 70% of your stamina in one hit while not even being staggered.

So much of the combat, stealth, and RPG mechanics could be worked on instead of spending time trying to appease the people who want to randomly assault civilians for giggles because they're the type who are easily amused by pushing down prostitutes or grandmas on the sidewalk in GTA.

I don't understand the obsession with police systems. It's such a waste of time and resources. I don't want a GTA clone. I want to play a merc and battle gangs and corps, not go randomly assaulting civilians and meaningless police NPC

Open world usually means freedom to do whatever you want, including killing civilians and be chased by police forces. CDPR was the one who decided to make an open world / sandbox kind of game with a few RPG mechanics. Now, if you feel that an open world game doesn't need freedom to kill and be pursued, well... that's different.

Open world usually means freedom to do whatever you want, including killing civilians and be chased by police forces. CDPR was the one who decided to make an open world / sandbox kind of game with a few RPG mechanics. Now, if you feel that an open world game doesn't need freedom to kill and be pursued, well... that's different.

Eh, most open world have limitations to maintain coherence with the story. As much as you may want to roleplay a Maelstrom V, or a Militech corpo, the game clearly doesn't give you those options out of consistency with the character they set out to write.

I'm not particularly opposed to this petty roleplay either, just annoyed that complaints in its favor eclipse features in far more dire need of intervention and overhaul.

The police are an irritation. I don't want to kill police officers; they're not (by Night City standards) bad people.
I totally agree but with regard to the Max Tac, I have much more nuance. these ruthless policemen are, in my opinion, a hybrid between the Maelstrom and the Cyberpsycho. besides there are psychos among them. the mission at Jinguji's, this manta policewoman is scary. she really needs psychological help; she is crazy.

I totally agree but with regard to the Max Tac, I have much more nuance. these ruthless policemen are, in my opinion, a hybrid between the Maelstrom and the Cyberpsycho. besides there are psychos among them. the mission at Jinguji's, this manta policewoman is scary. she really needs psychological help; she is crazy.

You'd be crazy too if you were hunting down murderous psychopaths whose outcome with the law depends with how much cash they have backing them.

Just compare Max Tak lady killing a single cyberpsycho per encounter compared to the actual cyberpsycho leaving entire alleys and stores full of bodies.

Eh, most open world have limitations to maintain coherence with the story. As much as you may want to roleplay a Maelstrom V, or a Militech corpo, the game clearly doesn't give you those options out of consistency with the character they set out to write.

I'm not particularly opposed to this petty roleplay either, just annoyed that complaints in its favor eclipse features in far more dire need of intervention and overhaul.

That's why i said 'usually'. Doesn't mean that it always have to be like that but in my point of view, it wouldn't make any sense to have a cyberpunk world where the police doesn't exist and you're limited to kill gangsters only.

You'd be crazy too if you were hunting down murderous psychopaths whose outcome with the law depends with how much cash they have backing them.

Just compare Max Tak lady killing a single cyberpsycho per encounter compared to the actual cyberpsycho leaving entire alleys and stores full of bodies.
There's lore reason for this. MaxTac recruits cyperpsycho's they manage to get alive and they are infamous for being borderline cyberpsycho. Mantis blade lady is perfect example of that, she's cyberpsycho from 2013 trailer.

Police and wanted system isn't high on my list but something could done with drone and AV-4 support. My take of police and MaxTac just appearing is that they are dropping from AV-4 but of course players complain because they never see those AV-4's. Now, including AV-4's would also mean possible heavy weapons support for above, which would then lead to people probably not wanting to mess with pedestrians to begin with.

Really disagree.

If it was harder to trigger police response, if the police only responded when you had done something reallt egregious, then maybe. But in a city in which the police largely ignore cyberpsycho massacres under their very noses, because they're too scared of the cyberpsycho, going chasing off after the person who's just taken down half a dozen cyberpsychos non-lethally because she drove a car on the sidewalk two metres away from the nearest pedestrian is just silly.

The police are an irritation. I don't want to kill police officers; they're not (by Night City standards) bad people. The current set-up, where I can walk briskly for a few blocks and get away from them, is sort of OK. If they stopped me and demanded a bribe, that would be OK. But if they're going to use lethal force for the smallest infraction, and if they then chase after you all over the map, then there's going to be no game left except killing police officers, and that's not a game I want to play.

So you being perfectly happy with the way things are justifies the laziest implementation of a wanted system I've ever seen. Got it.

I don't understand the obsession with police systems. It's such a waste of time and resources. I don't want a GTA clone. I want to play a merc and battle gangs and corps, not go randomly assaulting civilians and meaningless police NPC.

I'd rather they focus more assets on other gameplay elements than the police gimmick.

The melee, the third person cutscenes and perspective. Blocking as a melee build in first person feels awful, and is obsolete the vast majority of the time as either most mobs shoot at you, and the few that do seem to strike in melee at Very Hard pretty much ignore the block/parry system or drain 70% of your stamina in one hit while not even being staggered.

So much of the combat, stealth, and RPG mechanics could be worked on instead of spending time trying to appease the people who want to randomly assault civilians for giggles because they're the type who are easily amused by pushing down prostitutes or grandmas on the sidewalk in GTA.
Police gimmick??? If they placed Cyberpunk in any other setting besides a city then I think you could forgive them for having a half-baked wanted system. The fact that it is in a city is the exact reason they should've gotten it right in the first place. If I tap a pedestrian the NCPD shouldn't start randomly manifesting officers out of thin air they should have a squad car appear down the road and approach me. If I begin to flee then they would attempt to kill me. Come on Skyrim had a better wanted system as well as virtually any open world game that takes place in a modern civilization, CDPR is better than this.

Guest 3847602

Police gimmick??? If they placed Cyberpunk in any other setting besides a city then I think you could forgive them for having a half-baked wanted system. The fact that it is in a city is the exact reason they should've gotten it right in the first place. If I tap a pedestrian the NCPD shouldn't start randomly manifesting officers out of thin air they should have a squad car appear down the road and approach me. If I begin to flee then they would attempt to kill me. Come on Skyrim had a better wanted system as well as virtually any open world game that takes place in a modern civilization, CDPR is better than this.
It is half-baked and it can be improved if there is a will. To at least have something slightly more advanced than NCPD teleporting behind your back.
On the other hand, CP2077 is clearly not designed around cop chases, neither the main story nor the side quests put you in situations where advanced police system is required. This particular weakness of Cyberpunk is only exposed when you start trampling pedestrians and mowing down random civilians on the street. When you're playing the game the way 12-year-olds plays GTA.
So yes, it can and should be improved to a degree, but this system is not integral to core gameplay and they shouldn't waste time and money in trying to match GTA.

Top Bottom