After all, who really is Judy Alvarez?

+
i do agree that the game lets in that judy's character was going to be used for greater purposes, but im not sure about her being a villain. she has a good heart. she's lost people, and dreams. she is just scared of getting too close and getting hurt. plus, she is an introvert. im pretty sure that's what she meant by not liking people very much lol

i do agree that the game lets in that judy's character was going to be used for greater purposes, but im not sure about her being a villain. she has a good heart. she's lost people, and dreams. she is just scared of getting too close and getting hurt. plus, she is an introvert. im pretty sure that's what she meant by not liking people very much lol
It's sure :)
The dialogue line : "If you haven't noticed, I'm not much of a people-person"
Which does not mean at all that she don't "like" people :facepalm:
Agreed, she's most definitely not a villain, I find it rather puzzling that she'd be thought of as that. And even if she was a misanthropist rather than simply an introvert (she's only the latter), I'd find that way of thinking quite understandable given the nature of NC

Thank you OP for the theory, enjoyed contemplating it a lot.
I believe these cyberpunk stories are supposed to make us not trust anyone. I believe the missions leading up to the heist (Eve asking us to betray Dex, we can call Regina at one point to ask about Royce behind Dex's back etc...).
In this sense I think the game felt short in branching options, including the ability to lie. V can hardly lie. I mean, there are very few situations in which this is an option; in a world where everyone tries to play everyone else.
But what I think CDPR did to account for the lack of branching options (not just account for it. I believe this would happen anyway to a lesser degree on top of more branching options) was to leave a lot of open ending stories and put in place a lot of these misteries, related to characters or situations. So in my opinion the OP is playing the game (in this case the part of the game which isn't played on a controller or keyboard and mouse, but in the mind) but I don't think there is a definite answer. And Judy being a romanceable character I don't think there will ever be an answer to this one. But maybe other misteries will be resolved. I hope so because the high number of open ended stories makes them less remarkable for me. I remember in my first play through when there was a questline like the Peralezes' thinking it would end with a question mark. So it became expected.

She might just turn out to be the final boss at this point. ( the kind of villain that takes very humble route)
Squid Games?

Maybe she secretly controls Maelstrom through their implants, and they don't even know it. Secretly an Arasaka granddaughter, who was outcast for being "illegitimate". Now she's on the verge of gaining root access to all of the organization's systems, intent on bring the entire corrupt establishment crashing down with one mighty blow. She's what Johnny would like to have been, if he had been smarter. V was a means to an end.

Yeah, following this theory Judy could be the referred Queen Lilith, instead of Alt (also a theory, but much more popular one)

If no one said this already... when you merge minds with Judy you can hear thoughts of her that she didn't think or couldn't hear herself. In other words - she is a victim of mind control too. The same tech they use on Peralez. The Cyberpsycho going for the Mayor hums the laguna song. Judy's song. I think Judy is being controlled like a puppet for her skills with BD's.

Top Bottom