After expansions- to continue with our V and chosen romance for future sequel/s Poll

+

Upcoming expansions left open in the end to continue our V's and RO story for future sequel/s?

• Hell yes! Our V and RO story cant be over after just one game, we need more!

• Nah, I'm done with that story. Lets start a new one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
True, but I'm just trying to be optimistic going forward. I'm sure they've seen some of the criticism about the male romances by now and hopefully they care about addressing it.
When it comes to the romances, maybe they will give a big romance DLC in the first exspanion. One that overhauls them and let's you take them out on dates, invite them to your apartment, receive random text and calls from them. Do some activities with them instead of just missions. I saw on the CDPR website that they have alot of jobs open and three of them were for writers just for CP. I got a little excited when I saw that!
Post automatically merged:

Despite my feelings towards the Sun ending, V has resources to help them. There's no riding into the sunset, but V isn't bereft of means to try and save themselves. Mr. Blue Eyes implies they agreed to the job because V is willing to do anything for survival.

This is just my personal opinion but all that hopefulness in the Star ending is so on the nose to the point of being pretty ridiculous. It feels like CDPR had a very clear idea of who V is suppose to be, who they're suppose to romance and how their story should end and people who deviate from it in any way are left feeling disappointed and even bitter.

Kerry and River both have sound reasons for staying in Night City just as Judy and Panam's reasons for leaving V in the Sun ending are reasonable too. I don't want my V to be railroaded into someone he's not but I also don't want any of the LIs to be railroaded either. I don't want them to bend over backwards and act like their entire world revolves around V. I like that they don't do this.

I said this before in a different thread but I'll repeat it again. Night City isn't an eldritch horror that requires human sacrifices. None of the messed up things that happen in it are unique to NC. They are the result of a dystopian society and it's bad everywhere. Happiness is what you make of it and V can find it anywhere. One of the biggest reasons for my V to feel happy lives in Night City but the game decides for me that it's not enough and that the only way for V to achieve happiness is to run away with the nomads.

CDPR said that when it comes to expansions we should expect nothing less than The Witcher 3 got which means at least 2 paid expansions. Most people buy season passes to purchase all paid content at once. Now, imagine the only available expansions being basically the same story told in different locations. As much as I want to save V this sounds like a bad idea.

Having two completely different ways to save V, set in two different places based on the ending is unnecessary work. Merging the Devil (where V goes back to earth), the Star and the Sun endings by having short prologues based on the ending and then setting V on the same path is not only less cost effective but it would also give people what they want.
Well, I hope CPDR does right by the people who romanced Kerry and River in the future. I was just thinking of ideas to show that you do have support from people who didn't romance them.

I'm sorry you didn't like the ideas, was just trying to help and look at things from a optimistic view. I truly do hope CDPR fixes the romances and finds a way to continue this story with our V.

Whether that's with Judy being a key player in helping V since she dabbled in rewriting brain synopses or if they work the 3 endings leading to one main mission in the expansion that allows us to cure our V and be with our RO in the end, and leave it open for us to continue down the road.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

Well, I hope CPDR does right by the people who romanced Kerry and River in the future. I was just thinking of ideas to show that you do have support from people who didn't romance them.
Thank you! I can't speak for everyone but I personally really appreciate seeing people who didn't romance male LIs acknowledge that people who did got the short end of the stick and that Kerry and River weren't treated fairly. With more people talking about this, it gives me a small sliver of hope that CDPR might be aware that people see this as an issue that's worth addressing and fixing.

I'm sorry you didn't like the ideas, was just trying to help and look at things from a optimistic view. I truly do hope CDPR fixes the romances and finds a way to continue this story with our V.
I don't dislike your ideas, they're absolutely fine. It's more that LIs staying or leaving in the endings, to me personally, isn't an issue and that I think that one joined expansion would be easier and more feasible for the developers to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather V gets a semi decent no death but maybe a cripple kind of end after an expansion or 2. I don't want to continue with V as their existance as a power player in night city is meant to end. It doesnt fit in a cyberpunk world to play a super hero. I find the cyberpunk's end refreshing when the open world genre generally is a mastubatory power fantasy

The expansions are a ways off so it may be a bit early, but I don't think CDPR has started to work on a sequel yet so I wanted to get this out there, and this is assuming we get the option to cure V in one of the expansions. This poll is to see if people want the expansions left open for V and their chosen romance to continue in a sequel or sequels. Me personally, it's a huge yes! V and the characters he/she has met in this world are far too incredible for just a one-off story, even with expansions. We are V, it's a representation of who we are, how we see ourselves in this world. V is a perfect protagonist, he/she is confident, strong, and a bit cocky but is not perfect. V makes mistakes, is unsure at times, and very much human. As CDPR has stated before, their passion is making incredible characters and rich stories, and these characters really drive the story and world. It would be a sin if they just dropped them after one story IMO. Series or trilogy no matter if it games, films or books tend to work best when they follow the same established characters (The Witcher, Mass Effect, LOTR, GOT, Star Wars, etc.) CDPR could expand upon these characters and flesh them out so much more in sequels. Much like they did in The Witcher series.

I don't know if CDPR realized how much of an impact the romance options would have on players, but they really did. Especially Panam and Judy, both were tied into the main story and had a huge impact on V as well as the players, regardless if you romanced them or not. I know that River and Kerry got the short end of the stick when it comes to romance but maybe CDPR can remedy that in the expansions. The game leaves a ton of lore to be explored down the road. For one example as far as a sequel, I would love to see what happens with "The Black Wall" and the AI preparing for war. Having V still as the main protagonist makes the most sense. Given that V is the only person to have crossed over the Black Wall( that I know of), has talked with Alt and knows of a coming war with AI's, and has a relationship with Johnny (good or bad depending on your choices). And might be able to talk to Johnny to convince Alt to help stop the AI's from going to war with the world and possibly destroying it... just a thought. This all being said, I'm all for them adding new characters and romances in a sequel, just want them to keep V and our chosen romance (if you chose one). As far as that goes, I think CDPR really did nail the story so far, so I trust them when it comes to the story for a sequel to CP 2077. Just want them to keep V (as the main protagonist) and their chosen romance. But what do you all think?
In my opinion, the base game's story needs an overhaul. RPG elements need to play a far bigger part in the story like they did in the Witcher games.

I've always found it strange that Panam is an available romance for any lifepath. In the lifepaths trailer during the Nomad section, the Aldecados and Panam are heavily featured in the Nomad lifepath indicating her quests and romance were going to be exclusive to the Nomad V. This was probably changed because CDPR noticed how little story content there actually was in the game.

From a story perspective it makes no sense for Panam ask the help of some pesky Streetkid or Corpo-Rat for help in saving Saul. It makes far more sense for Panam to ask the help of V if they were a Nomad too. Through the Nomad lifepath, the interactions between V and Panam suggest that they are essentially mirrors of each other. Nomad V, especially Male, and Panam are literally meant for each other in the game for how much they have in common.

This might be an unpopular opinion but, I don't think that the expansion should be based around the romance(s), mainly because I personally felt guilty romancing characters with only weeks left to live, being hunted by the biggest corp in NC, having another personality in your head that could take over at any moment.

CDPR did such a good job of creating these characters that it was hard not to Romance them/build friendships but I went Romance-less in a couple playthroughs combined with the solo ending which was pretty satisfying.

Also don't forget that you can also abandon the romance-able characters resulting in death or an unfriendly end.

I thought that they'd do prequels or if they were to continue the story converge the endings in space.

This might be an unpopular opinion but, I don't think that the expansion should be based around the romance(s), mainly because I personally felt guilty romancing characters with only weeks left to live, being hunted by the biggest corp in NC, having another personality in your head that could take over at any moment.

CDPR did such a good job of creating these characters that it was hard not to Romance them/build friendships but I went Romance-less in a couple playthroughs combined with the solo ending which was pretty satisfying.

Also don't forget that you can also abandon the romance-able characters resulting in death or an unfriendly end.

I thought that they'd do prequels or if they were to continue the story converge the endings in space.

Well i agree expansions shouldn't be based around romances but i think they should include the romanceable NPC's in the story arcs (and add extra optional content for those who romanced them)

I have zero desire to see prequel or midstory content currently unless something is done to address post game.

When we talk about romances, I would like to get Goro as a love interest for my female Corpo V. It would be a perfect opportunity to add him in a story DLC, if you saved him AND if you played the Corpo ending. I left the station to die on earth and i really hope we can continue this path later on.

I hate that the game doesn't seem to have a happily-ever-after ending.

Not only does it mean that V's story is basically over, and if CP2077 gets a sequel, there will almost certainly be no importing of our original character... it means the game ends on a real downer. I didn't like that. (I'm told there is an ending that's 'not quite so bad', but I'm also told almost all of the endings go quite badly when it comes to V's future.)

I mean, I know that cyberpunk, as a genre, isn't very fluffy-bunny with ride-off-into-the-sunset conclusions, and that's fine for movies or prose, but this is a game. While I'm playing, I am V, and if I'm only doing it to die (or whatever) at the end of the adventure, it kind of kills the fun right along with V. I'm playing a game to be entertained, not to be depressed.

Yanno?
Understandable, but I myself dont care about happy endings, I prefer tragic, relatable stories (for example, I always choose the "left for dead" Ciri ending in Witcher 3). That being said, Im not against a DLC taking place in those months V has left to live and have some more content with the romance characters.

In my opinion, the base game's story needs an overhaul. RPG elements need to play a far bigger part in the story like they did in the Witcher games.

I've always found it strange that Panam is an available romance for any lifepath. In the lifepaths trailer during the Nomad section, the Aldecados and Panam are heavily featured in the Nomad lifepath indicating her quests and romance were going to be exclusive to the Nomad V. This was probably changed because CDPR noticed how little story content there actually was in the game.

From a story perspective it makes no sense for Panam ask the help of some pesky Streetkid or Corpo-Rat for help in saving Saul. It makes far more sense for Panam to ask the help of V if they were a Nomad too. Through the Nomad lifepath, the interactions between V and Panam suggest that they are essentially mirrors of each other. Nomad V, especially Male, and Panam are literally meant for each other in the game for how much they have in common.
Hmm, apart from the weird discrimination idea because of the lifepath:
It makes even more sense to Panam to ask someone who is not a nomad to help with saving Soul because the nomads have the habit to listen to their leaders.

I`m pretty sure that unfortunately all DLCs will cover storyline up to separation with Johnny and there not be any continuation.

With Star being obviously THE intended "good" ending I already feel like my choices have been invalidated.
We had choices?
We didn't really have a choice in hook-ups..
We didn't really have choices except in flavor in most conversations..
We could only binary choose to go on mission/don't go on mission for side missions...
We had a choice in how to assault a building.... EVERYTHING post assault had zero tie into any choices made or prompted a choice for us to make post soulkiller

In W3 one can see how what you did led to what Ciri's fate and choice became... you can reverse follow the breadcrumbs - but Ciri wasn't the one making we made choices for.. GERALT was.. and there is near zero dissatisfaction with how Geralt (the one we made choices for) ended up.

I don't see how choosing to attack the building with just Johnny means V suddenly wants to focus on being the bestest evah and being a fixer when V went on the mission in the first place to find a way to survive and , players choice, minimize collateral damage amongst others.

We never, ever, get prompted on stay in NC or leave - fixer or not, nightclub owner or not, continue to perform mission to spent money on Penthouse apartment when it could be better spent trying to find an alternate cure.

Once again - please tell me where we had choices..... other than flavor..

they said like two years before the game came out that lifepaths would be like they are ingame.
1) an origin/background of V before NC
2)dialog options
3) the stories would continue to be developed during the game, but they wouldn't be exclusive, Corpo V could end up following the nomad's content.

also, she asks for V's help because they bonded during a mission, and V is proven effective. Nomad clans don't automatically love each other btw, They sometimes go to war with each other.
Post automatically merged:

We had choices?
We didn't really have a choice in hook-ups..
We didn't really have choices except in flavor in most conversations..
We could only binary choose to go on mission/don't go on mission for side missions...
We had a choice in how to assault a building.... EVERYTHING post assault had zero tie into any choices made or prompted a choice for us to make post soulkiller

In W3 one can see how what you did led to what Ciri's fate and choice became... you can reverse follow the breadcrumbs - but Ciri wasn't the one making we made choices for.. GERALT was.. and there is near zero dissatisfaction with how Geralt (the one we made choices for) ended up.

I don't see how choosing to attack the building with just Johnny means V suddenly wants to focus on being the bestest evah and being a fixer when V went on the mission in the first place to find a way to survive and , players choice, minimize collateral damage amongst others.

We never, ever, get prompted on stay in NC or leave - fixer or not, nightclub owner or not, continue to perform mission to spent money on Penthouse apartment when it could be better spent trying to find an alternate cure.

you had 4 options for hookups, two were effected by what gender character you choose to create. You can also get a very different experience with these hookups, depending how you interact with them. V has a large effect on the course of their lives.

"flavor" choices allow you to RP V as totally different types of character. You can decide who and what V cares about. You can decide who V is.

A binary choice is still a choice, and it effects the game. Do the game ignoring everything but main story, and hating Johnny, you get a very different experience than being pals with Johnny. There are tons of sidequest/gigs that can have different outcomes depending on your choices. Your choices effect the world. Is hanako alive or dead? Are the VDBs destroyed? Are the engrams still in mikoshi? Is Woodman alive or dead? Who is in control of clouds? Did Judy leave NC or stay? Did Jackie get a funeral, or is he a zombie engram in mikoshi? Did delamain get reset? are their delamain shards driving around the world causing havoc? Did Saul give V a car? Did panam leave NC? Is river alive? is his nephew alive? Is takemura alive? Is takemura on your side? Is Arasaka running the city? or in dire straights? Is yorinobu aluve or dead? Did saburo become a lich king?

I agree sun has problems from a motivation stand point, but the main reason you are in a certain ending is because you choose a faction to help you on the roof, and that faction choice determines who has the resources/connections that are most likely to lead to V's survival. If V goes with nomads they steal arasaka technology, and have the resources to leave town, and make deals with other powerful clans in exchange for tech. If you go solo or small party, Blue eyes takes advantage and gets resources, and V gets resources and rep, which they need to make a deal with blue eyes. If you pick arasaka, they have the relic, Hellman, Hellman's research, possibly Alt and soulkiller(alt version), and they basically become the best/only option to survive V knows of.

Last edited:
In an RPG, I'd say controlling the way a character reacts to a situation is just as much of a character-relevant choice as choices that actually change quests. Unfortunately whatever character building you do through these "flavor" choices is undone by how the game assumes certain things for you when you choose how to attack Arasaka, like you said.

I love Cyberpunk so much I'd go with almost anything lol but...It'd be great to somehow get V going somehow...actually wonder if Jackie ccould ever come bakc in some kind of cyberpunk world, loved that guy..and his girl:):)

Of course the more the better - there's lot more to discover about loved ones.
@stndn @MrBilL61 Agree 100%. So much more can be fleshed out with V and these characters in direct sequels. As wells as the other big plot points going on the world that were mentioned and talk about in the game that would line up with direct sequels, such as the corporation and another corporate war coming, the AI beyond the Blackwall preparing for war, and ATl Cunningham being with them, things like that would incredible to see and take part in as V with your loved ones and friends.

Last edited:
Iam the only person that wants new romance options in expansions ??? If i remember correctly Geralt good 2 more love interests and they didnt bring up Yen or Triss. That is the best part of new content! They can introduce more interesting characters that have different backstories with Night City. That will flesh out this huge city instead of focusing again on same ppl V knows.
IMO first story DLC should add one new guy and one new girl. CDPR should make both BI so everybody has options this time and it is less work than adding 4 new ppl.

Guest 4412420

Iam the only person that wants new romance options in expansions ??? If i remember correctly Geralt good 2 more love interests and they didnt bring up Yen or Triss. That is the best part of new content! They can introduce more interesting characters that have different backstories with Night City. That will flesh out this huge city instead of focusing again on same ppl V knows.
IMO first story DLC should add one new guy and one new girl. CDPR should make both BI so everybody has options this time and it is less work than adding 4 new ppl.
People got attached to the current romance options available, it's not surprising people want to see more of them.

As for the Witcher 3, both Shani and Syanna disappear off the face of the earth once the expansions are over. To call them love interests is a bit of a stretch, they're more like hookups (Syanna literally is a hookup) rather than full fledged romance options. It makes more sense, to me at least, to expand on the ones we already have rather than add new characters and then have to figure out how to fit them into the endings or simply drop them like they did in TW3.

Top Bottom