After expansions- to continue with our V and chosen romance for future sequel/s Poll

+

Upcoming expansions left open in the end to continue our V's and RO story for future sequel/s?

• Hell yes! Our V and RO story cant be over after just one game, we need more!

• Nah, I'm done with that story. Lets start a new one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I normally wouldn't agree that we should get more content like this but I think that the game is seriously lacking in deep characterization.

So, yes, some more romance content would be welcome.
Even if we finish the romance and the expansion of tthe romance, it would be nice if they add the ability to see our date and to things with he/her like going to the cinema, to a concert, having a ride in a car (Stuff present in GTA V), in fact, making "the romance partner" not a basic useless NPC like others.

Even if we finish the romance and the expansion of tthe romance, it would be nice if they add the ability to see our date and to things with he/her like going to the cinema, to a concert, having a ride in a car (Stuff present in GTA V), in fact, making "the romance partner" not a basic useless NPC like others.

The biggest problem is they wrote Judy leaving Night City . They really want your romances to hate the city and not want to spend a happy life there.

Guest 4412420

The biggest problem is they wrote Judy leaving Night City . They really want your romances to hate the city and not want to spend a happy life there.
If we're talking romance specific content, Judy's situation wouldn't be an issue. She stays in Night City if romanced. But if potential new content would be something like a sidequest or two where you could interact with the characters as either friends or romantic partners, it could definitely throw a curveball. Unless it's something like: inviting a character on a rollercoaster and you get to invite your V's romance option or pick one to hang out with as a friend if you didn't romance anyone.

Personally, I'd prefer a proper sidequest rather than repeatable GTA-like dates. You'd get to spend less time with them, but at least it would be made with quality. Driving around in silence would get boring and repetitive, but also make characters feels like basic NPCs anyway. And there's no way CDPR would record new dialogues for each time you'd invite the characters to hang out with V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thre could be an event in NC that would make her come back like somehting with the Mox or V calling her to get help.
If we're talking romance specific content, Judy's situation wouldn't be an issue. She stays in Night City if romanced. But if potential new content would be something like a sidequest or two where you could interact with the characters as either friends or romantic partners, it could definitely throw a curveball. Unless it's something like: inviting a character on a rollercoaster and you get to invite your V's romance option or pick one to hang out with as a friend if you didn't romance anyone.

Personally, I'd prefer a proper sidequest rather than repeatable GTA-like dates. You'd get to spend less time with them, but at least it would be made with quality. Driving around in silence would get boring and repetitive, but also make characters feels like basic NPCs anyway. And there's no way CDPR would record new dialogues for each time you'd invite the characters to hang out with V.
I hope they'll find a way to make sidequest with Panam or Judy but unfortunately, I think if they do, it would be 4 or 5 more quests until the character become useless one more time.

I hope they'll find a way to make sidequest with Panam or Judy but unfortunately, I think if they do, it would be 4 or 5 more quests until the character become useless one more time.
You know, games are not "infinite", everything must end one day.
(It will be too early anyway and whatever CDPR will do/add)

Guest 4412420

River is the one who has the least amount of quests. Even a single quest to develop his character more would help.

All romance options, including Kerry and River, would be just fine with one or two, date-like quests, following their personal questlines, where you could invite them someplace like the same drive-in you take Rogue to, and just spend some quality time with them. As @LeKill3rFou said, there's just so much they can do. Besides, the current romance content disparity still needs fixing.

Granted, I'd still love to see them all in the actual expansions. Especially should CDPR really make a post-ending one, dealing with V's predicament. In that situation, a cameo or at the very least texts and phonecalls would be a must from all romance options.

I had to look up if this topic was adressing the situation after the story ends ... not specifically, but could potentially meant to be like that.
Judy's the a difficult one, probably similar to Panam if you conclude both their 'natural' paths (in various situations even)

* Judy says she wants to leave NC behind since there's nothing for her there.
from what I've seen she only stays if you romance her AND not take the Nomad ending where you still leave and take Judy with you.
* I'm not quite sure what happens to Panam effectively, but the Aldecaldos dwindle and would presumably eventually be forced to pack up and leave. If you do her side missions and not do her ending, that may be the only point in time where they stay put near NC because they have a powerful defensive tool in the form of the Basilisk, however Panam is the unstable factor herself, so if I were to hazard a guess: The aldecaldos would probably still surrender to either just leaving eventually, or join some shady Corpo deal, forcing Panam on a path that leads only to something dark I reckon.
* River and Kerry are the most assured to stay put in Night City, so they would be available to keep that way.
small remark though: it does leave one giant decision in Rivers case. If you "are too busy with your own problem" during the Randy quest, he's found dead shortly after and that questline is stopped definitively.
Perhaps there's even more outcomes that need to be taken into account.
You know, games are not "infinite", everything must end one day.
(It will be too early anyway and whatever CDPR will do/add)
What I do feel is missing is at least one more quest for each romance that involves something like an actual date. and the prerequisite should be to unlock that date-mission after the last quest of that character as is currently {i.e. Queen of the Highway or Pyramid Song} AND also have as prerequisite that Nocturne Op55N1 is unlocked.
Reason I feel why this should be is because if you rush through the story first before doing neneric map stuff and you complete a side quest-chain such as Judies or Panam's or even Rivers, there can be a long time in between you actually start act 3 and then the idea of those romances is destroyed by the amount of time in between you doing something with them last and when you have to say your goodbyes.

What I do feel is missing is at least one more quest for each romance that involves something like an actual date. and the prerequisite should be to unlock that date-mission after the last quest of that character as is currently {i.e. Queen of the Highway or Pyramid Song} AND also have as prerequisite that Nocturne Op55N1 is unlocked.
Reason I feel why this should be is because if you rush through the story first before doing neneric map stuff and you complete a side quest-chain such as Judies or Panam's or even Rivers, there can be a long time in between you actually start act 3 and then the idea of those romances is destroyed by the amount of time in between you doing something with them last and when you have to say your goodbyes.
More than one (I hope), a "little" quest line for each would be great (One more for River for equalize with the others) and even more with your requirements (only if Op55N1 available) ;)
But my post was about "infinite" quests (little rendezvous) with our romances. Could be great one or two times, but no very interesting at the end. "True quests", will be way better, for me at least :)

More than one (I hope), a "little" quest line for each would be great (One more for River for equalize with the others) and even more with your requirements (only if Op55N1 available) ;)
But my post was about "infinite" quests (little rendezvous) with our romances. Could be great one or two times, but no very interesting at the end. "True quests", will be way better, for me at least :)
Yeah I understood what you were trying to say :) I'm not sure if I even want to call those busywork activities quests really :p
That being said, I have thought of an idea before where you could take an NPC/Character along for a few map marker activities for lets say an in-game days-value as sort of a companion. (it would screw over most of the gamae in approach and balance, but lets not discuss that rn )
and the various characters would only be available if you didn't have a job lined up where thy would be needed elsewhere.

But I digress.
Post automatically merged:

Weirdly, I'd like the Expansion to have the option of gathering a full party.

Have Kerry, River, Judy, and Panam all get together.
You make me think of the "Summer in Cyberpunk City" thread that was started by a:ok:
Invite all the various characters (or subset) to one of each four (and maybe others) locations for something to have some fun with.
- A Day at the beach with BBQ in the evening --> River, you're up!
- A ride in the Rollercoaster and do a 'scav hunt'. --> Sounds like up Panam's alley as the brazen jarhead :p
- Visiting the park
.. What was the last one again?

Anyway, I can see the fun that could bring. Only weird thing is, none of te other characters know each other.
Why would Kerry hang with any of them? same for River, he has all this in Joss and the kids.
And Panam and Judy only get to know of eachother in one particular instance.

Last edited:
Yeah I understood what you were trying to say :) I'm not sure if I even want to call those busywork activities quests really :p
That being said, I have thought of an idea before where you could take an NPC/Character along for a few map marker activities for lets say an in-game days-value as sort of a companion. (it would screw over most of the gamae in approach and balance, but lets not discuss that rn )
and the various characters would only be available if you didn't have a job lined up where thy would be needed elsewhere.

But I digress.
Post automatically merged:

You make me think of the "Summer in Cyberpunk City" thread that was started by a:ok:
Invite all the various characters (or subset) to one of each four (and maybe others) locations for something to have some fun with.
- A Day at the beach with BBQ in the evening --> River, you're up!
- A ride in the Rollercoaster and do a 'scav hunt'. --> Sounds like up Panam's alley as the brazen jarhead :p
- Visiting the park
.. What was the last one again?

Anyway, I can see the fun that could bring. Only weird thing is, none of te other characters know each other.
Why would Kerry hang with any of them? same for River, he has all this in Joss and the kids.
And Panam and Judy only get to know of eachother in one particular instance.

I assume the obvious answer is like the Citadel that they're all there for you.

Maybe celebrating your brain being cured.

:)

I assume the obvious answer is like the Citadel that they're all there for you.

Maybe celebrating your brain being cured.

:)
It probably would yeah :) So long as V doesn't tell them or start nosebleeding :LOL:
Come to think of it, imagine all them sudden being together in one spot, how would they behave towards each other, what would they discuss between them :)
an entire store full of options to explore.

The last mission of the game goes very different paths, so it would be unworthy to make an expansion for each ending because you wouldn't be able to focus on one thing and that would bring a low quality product in my opinion.

Expansions might take place before the last mission, or they can have a short connective missions between your ending and the expansion where you can pass to the new DLC content.

But they don't have to cure V. Maybe a full closure DLC where you still have 6 months lifespan? When you look at the fact that even the Arasaka cannot heal you, I think finding a cure somewhere else might be unrealistic. But CDPR have all the tools so maybe they can bring a good solution to that problem? I don't know. But I don't think I'd want to play as V in the sequal. So a closure expansion would be the best.

Even though I love most of the characters of the game and want to see more, I feel like V's story only needs an expansion and thats it. I would want to play as a new character in the next game.

What do you think?

The last mission of the game goes very different paths, so it would be unworthy to make an expansion for each ending because you wouldn't be able to focus on one thing and that would bring a low quality product in my opinion.

Expansions might take place before the last mission, or they can have a short connective missions between your ending and the expansion where you can pass to the new DLC content.

But they don't have to cure V. Maybe a full closure DLC where you still have 6 months lifespan? When you look at the fact that even the Arasaka cannot heal you, I think finding a cure somewhere else might be unrealistic. But CDPR have all the tools so maybe they can bring a good solution to that problem? I don't know. But I don't think I'd want to play as V in the sequal. So a closure expansion would be the best.

Even though I love most of the characters of the game and want to see more, I feel like V's story only needs an expansion and thats it. I would want to play as a new character in the next game.

What do you think?

I dunno, you could do four openings to the same mission and find a way to make it work.

Like, say, you wake up in the body Johnny Silverhand has been using as suddenly the chip starts working in reverse. The other endings all ending up there as well somehow.

It'd be an obvious patch but I think most players would go along with it.

Last edited:

What do you think?
I made This Post with my take on that question. They would be DLC to this game with primarily post ending stuff, as @Willowhugger said it so aptly: the Broken Steel edition.
But as I mentioned, that would be what I'd like. :)

Guest 4412420

The Sun and the Star endings could be easily merged because of how similar they are. The state of Arasaka is exactly the same, V's an engram and still in their own body so the cure would be the same as well.

During the conversation with Alt in cyberspace, she says that V or Johnny, whichever stays, will become a part of her. I'm assuming she gobbles them up like other engrams in Mikoshi, meaning that there's probably no one left to save. I doubt there's another biochip just lying around somewhere, waiting for someone to slot V's engram into it, on the off chance that V wasn't consumed by Alt. And on top of that V is missing a body in this ending. The Temperance feels like a non-standard game over to me.

The Devil ending is the one that throws the biggest curveball because of how different Arasaka's situation is. V's symptoms might be different because they no longer have the biochip, which might require a different solution too. I used to think that this ending could be worked into the same way the Sun and the Star endings can, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I feel like V's story only needs an expansion and thats it. I would want to play as a new character in the next game.
Personally, I'd love nothing more than to see V again in the sequel(s) but I'm not sure it'll happen. Their story does need closure, but it doesn't have to end in death. V could simply find a solution to their problem and decide to take it easy from then on or retire altogether because they've been through enough pain and misery to last a lifetime.

When you look at the fact that even the Arasaka cannot heal you, I think finding a cure somewhere else might be unrealistic.
...can you be sure Arasaka is telling the truth? But even if they are to a certain point (as all good liars do), V did kill Adam Smasher. I don't see why they wouldn't throw a few millions to develop whatever new technology they need. Provided they can keep V on a leash ofcourse:)

I am on the opposite opinion in that V's story can be continued if they decide to do so. I don't know if they will though. Maybe that was originally the plan, but then the game had the reception it did and was/is decided that continuing V's story, with so many branching paths, is too expensive risk to make....
....or as @Willowhugger posted on another thread you can make it a mystery and 'ignore' (or at least lessen them a lot) the endings....

Last edited:
...can you be sure Arasaka is telling the truth? But even if they are to a certain point (as all good liars do), V did kill Adam Smasher. I don't see why they wouldn't throw a few millions to develop whatever new technology they need. Provided they can keep V on a leash ofcourse:)

I am on the opposite opinion in that V's story can be continued if they decide to do so. I don't know if they will though. Maybe that was originally the plan, but then the game had the reception it did and was/is decided that continuing V's story, with so many branching paths, is too expensive risk to make....
....or as @Willowhugger posted on another thread you can make it a mystery and 'ignore' (or at least lessen them a lot) the endings....

Well if you want postgame content, you probably should remove your protagonist dying.

This happened with THE FORCE UNLEASHED 2.

They were stunned they were getting a sequel and had to scramble a plot from nothing. Part of the issue seems to be CDPR didn't seem to think V would be a character that people would want to continue onward with.

Which is a weird thing to say about your creation.

Top Bottom