After finishing the story I feel extremely empty inside

+
Calling it a "rough" release is a compliment.
I would say, a big clusterfuck leaded by greedy people that don't care about customers, yeah, that's fit better the situation.

Inquisition while not being the same as Origin, still has better characters and way more RPG elements than Cyberpunk, actually, Inquisition is an RPG while Cyberpunk a looter shooter with some story behind.
Yeah you have some good and well done quests, that's for sure.
That line has been hashed and rehashed ad infinitum. I don't want to contribute to negativity at every possible turn. It is not helping anyone. Look at yourself, you obviously feel a strong urge to take a p!ss on anyone whose opinions seem to deviate even the slightest bit from your own toxicity.

FUNNY you should mention Inquisition, I actually replayed it leading up to AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk - trying to finish it for the 3rd time. Failed again. It really is a craptastic boring long-winded game. The looter shooter that is Cyberpunk is still a better RPG. More interesting characters, more interesting story, more interesting quests, more interesting combat, more interesting setting.

Last edited:
CP2077 has made me feel like literally no other game ever. The way they were able to bring so many emotions in me is not something I was expecting in the slightest. I fell in love with the story since the intro quests, I still can't get over how well written the story is and how well the storytelling was executed. Every character is an actual character, huge deep personality with strengths and flaws both, which makes them more believable and relatable in some cases. This is the first time I actually felt like I'm part of the game, I really felt like V, it was very easy to forget you're playing and just dive into the world and experience whatever was about to happen.

I've never cried while playing a game until now. Not simply just because there are some sad moments, but the way the atmosphere builds in into a huge crescendo of emotions. Such as when you "Get a new jacket" in one of those endings(don't want to spoil). This has made me feel so warm inside, like all of negative feelings I had and all the feelings of solitude disappeared.. Those big moments are just so well written that I won't be able to stop thinking about them for a long time. This game has made me feel emotions I haven't known for literal years, as sad as it sounds, it is true and by saying this I'm just giving props to CDPR for how absolute artistic geniuses they are

Worst thing is, I can't just replay it again. I already did and it doesn't feel that good anymore when you know precisely everything about the story. So here I am now, replaying those memories in my head while feeling completely hollow in my chest, like I lost half my soul.

Same feeling after finishing bioshock infinite and it's docs.

I felt the same way, TC. I started as a Nomad, romanced Panam, and got the Star ending. It was so bittersweet. I cried like a little bitch, and I couldn't start a 2nd playthrough until after 2 weeks had passed. I needed time to emotionally recover. I envy those who have never played the game so I could re-experience the story again :)

Consistency within the game world and lore.

Yeah. Absolutely no problems here in this game.

(just in case. I don't fix broken sarcasm detectors)

Yes, same
the ending is sad and disappointing
I wait for new patches and/or dlc to start a new playthough and maybe get a better ending
I love all of the endings. Not necessarily because of what happens in them, but the way they're executed. They all focus on different aspects of human nature, they all have their distinct feel and bring in you emotions focusing on different parts of your vulnerabilities.

Yes, thats what the game lacks - and not too many options other than:
copying V/dying and dying later

I'll let that sink in:beer:

thats always the options in life.

that aside, rpg isnt about writing the world, its about stepping into the role of the character, and choosing how the character interacts with the world.

The best the character could do with the time they had and the world they were in, in that specific respect was buy more time, not achieve immortality.

I love all of the endings. Not necessarily because of what happens in them, but the way they're executed. They all focus on different aspects of human nature, they all have their distinct feel and bring in you emotions focusing on different parts of your vulnerabilities.

And how long he has left, is not really the focus of any of the endings, or the core of V's story. The fight for survival pushes V to choose how to live life, whats important to the V character. Dex asks V, to choose how to live. And the endings do pretty well at emoting those choices.

The Temperance ending is very good too. Johnny started out as a selfish asshole that had zero regard for anyone but himself, and through his journey with V, becomes a better man after death. In the end, he has to live in V's body, knowing he caused the death of his only friend. Call the game whatever you like, but poorly written isn't one of them.

The Temperance ending is very good too. Johnny started out as a selfish asshole that had zero regard for anyone but himself, and through his journey with V, becomes a better man after death. In the end, he has to live in V's body, knowing he caused the death of his only friend. Call the game whatever you like, but poorly written isn't one of them.
Except they are all based on a retcon.

Btw. Johnny ghosting Vs friends is an absolute shit move.

CP2077 has made me feel like literally no other game ever. The way they were able to bring so many emotions in me is not something I was expecting in the slightest. I fell in love with the story since the intro quests, I still can't get over how well written the story is and how well the storytelling was executed. Every character is an actual character, huge deep personality with strengths and flaws both, which makes them more believable and relatable in some cases. This is the first time I actually felt like I'm part of the game, I really felt like V, it was very easy to forget you're playing and just dive into the world and experience whatever was about to happen.

I've never cried while playing a game until now. Not simply just because there are some sad moments, but the way the atmosphere builds in into a huge crescendo of emotions. Such as when you "Get a new jacket" in one of those endings(don't want to spoil). This has made me feel so warm inside, like all of negative feelings I had and all the feelings of solitude disappeared.. Those big moments are just so well written that I won't be able to stop thinking about them for a long time. This game has made me feel emotions I haven't known for literal years, as sad as it sounds, it is true and by saying this I'm just giving props to CDPR for how absolute artistic geniuses they are

Worst thing is, I can't just replay it again. I already did and it doesn't feel that good anymore when you know precisely everything about the story. So here I am now, replaying those memories in my head while feeling completely hollow in my chest, like I lost half my soul.

I can fully relate to you, aasoko.

I actually didn't proceed behind the 'Point Of No Return' in any of my five different play-throughs. I always stopped right before it. Instead I used a lot of time making the right choices and cleaning out all the quests.

When I finally was ready to proceed I did a sneak peak on the different ending options. I should never have done this. Now I don't feel like playing anymore. I haven't opened the game since January 17. Everything fell apart when I found out all the endings were bad. Right now I don't know what to do with this investment in both time, feelings and money? I just lost the enthusiasm and excitement. Not because the game isn't well made but because I was certain that at least one or two of the endings were positive or good endings.

It's like I suddenly lost my direction. Everything just locked down in that moment. Now I play Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda again. Even though I've played Fallout 4 in 4.609,2 hours I can still find a lot of fun in this game. It does at least have a good ending.
I could have played Cyberpunk 2077 lot longer than 242 hours if the game had a good ending. But with the knowledge of the lack of happy endings there's just no point.

Last edited:
not so much empty, more WTF just happened is that it (after crashing back to pre-end mission).

Log out and uninstall is the only thing..

I can fully relate to you, aasoko.

I actually didn't proceed behind the 'Point Of No Return' in any of my five different play-throughs. I always stopped right before it. Instead I used a lot of time making the right choices and cleaning out all the quests.

When I finally was ready to proceed I did a sneak peak on the different ending options. I should never have done this. Now I don't feel like playing anymore. I haven't opened the game since January 17. Everything fell apart when I found out all the endings were bad. Right now I don't know what to do with this investment in both time, feelings and money? I just lost the enthusiasm and excitement. Not because the game isn't well made but because I was certain that at least one or two of the endings were positive or good endings.

It's like I suddenly lost my direction. Everything just locked down in that moment. Now I play Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda again. Even though I've played Fallout 4 in 4.609,2 hours I can still find a lot of fun in this game. It does at least have a good ending.
I could have played Cyberpunk 2077 lot longer than 242 hours if the game had a good ending. But with the knowledge of the lack of happy endings there's just no point.
I know a place where you can get an happy ending

Cyberpunk 2077 and night city were not created so that we would have the end of a Disney movie, it is a deep game that tears, that makes you cry, that moves you, even that makes you laugh out loud at times.

But it is a hard story and with situations that do not go well, because that is life in the night city and in many cases in life on the other side of the screen. I finished the game 2 days ago and am still affected by the end of the story (it was the best ending possible) but boy is life like this. As Rogue said there is no alternative in this world full of motherfuckers and I love that the ending leaves you with that feeling.

That you are not so important to this city, live your moment and get away. But damn what a good time Cyberpunk 2077 gives us! Courage, now I just hope they fix the game, improve it with everything the community asks for and that we have Cyberpunk 2077 for the next 10 years, because this universe is worth it and there is much to enjoy if CDPR has the courage to do so

Top Bottom