After Hotfix 1.05 I cant close the settings window

+
I'm in the settings menu, rearranged my settings since there is apparently a fix that settings wont reset to default and... I cant go back to main menu... the 0 button on Ps5 doesnt work...

I have quit the game, restarted it, went back into settings the 0 button still doesn't respond... I have video proof but I don't know how to upload it lol
Post automatically merged:

Update after 3 times of quitting the game, I could finally change my settings and quit out of settings menu. This what Early Access feels like

Last edited:
Same issue on PS5

I went into the settings to change some things after the update to 1.05 on PS5 and circle button does nothing - could not exit settings menu. Had to restart game...

settings I changed:
- sensitivity to 9 on box axis
- tutorial off
- subtitles down one size
- disabled job tracking
- pov height to high

I restarted CP77 and tried to replicate the bug but could not. I was standing in front of a drop station, not sure if this was part of it the issue?

Last edited:
I uploaded the vid to YouTube. This is the problem. I was in the main menu and went into Settings menu, didnt even load the game. happened 3 times.

This happened to me after trying to turn motion blur off. I could not back out until I turned it back on.

I've read that it supposedly works if you use the settings menu in-game not on the title screen. (not on console myself, so can't try)

Same issue here on PS5. Affecting both title menu settings and in-game.

If I adjust any setting it seems to disable the use of 'O'. If I revert any of the settings back to their original state, I regain the use of 'O' to exit.

Interesting way of fixing the resetting issue, just not letting us change anything at all....

Yeah, same problem for me on the Xbox Series X. Changing even a single point of any setting means the settings menu can no longer be exited, not from the main menu and not from in-game. Resetting all the settings to default lets me out of the settings menu though, but what's the point of that?

I just got this game yesterday and it literally doesn't work. I'm not going to start and play a new game without changing at least the look sensitivity. There doesn't seem to be a workaround for this, I've scoured the cyberpunk reddit and spent an hour or two just trying different things. Nothing works. The oldest posts on reddit about this problem coincide with the release of the 1.05 patch.

Same here on Xbox Series X.

The only way to leave the settings screen is to set EVERYTHING to default. I'm running the latest patch on the game and Xbox as of 12/25/20.

Really annoying for me because I want to play the game with full graphics quality but I'm unable to change the graphics mode from "performance" to "quality" and thus I feel I'm missing graphical quality from the content I have played so far. Hard to believe that a bug like this could make it into such a basic part of the game!

Hopefully there will be another patch soon.

Same here on Xbox Series X.

The only way to leave the settings screen is to set EVERYTHING to default. I'm running the latest patch on the game and Xbox as of 12/25/20.

Really annoying for me because I want to play the game with full graphics quality but I'm unable to change the graphics mode from "performance" to "quality" and thus I feel I'm missing graphical quality from the content I have played so far. Hard to believe that a bug like this could make it into such a basic part of the game!

Hopefully there will be another patch soon.
I found a way to fix this problem. Go to settings, change whatever you want to, but you also have to change the game difficulty. Then back out and it will prompt you to revert to the last save point with the new difficulty and the settings you picked will be saved

Hi,

I have same issue on Xbox Series X.... I cannot go back from settings!! I tried trick with changing difficultiy but I cannot find... Maybe I need to be in the game... not in main menu...

After patch 1.1 all my game settings reset to default so I went to change them and was ready to change difficulty to be able to exit the settings screen; the problem is, the game difficulty setting wasn't even there! Now I am unable to change game settings from default.
Post automatically merged:

Well, I found a work around for the missing difficulty setting after patch 1.1. I created a new character and after that the difficulty setting re-appeared! I reloaded a save from my original character and now I am able to use the first work around again (change difficulty setting) to be able to exit the settings screen after making a change!

Attachments

• 20210123_064543.jpg
    20210123_064543.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Top Bottom