After last update, performance in Hierarch square and Oxenfurt main square has suffered

+
After last update, performance in Hierarch square and Oxenfurt main square has suffered

Although I can't be 100% certain, I'm almost positive that the last Witcher 3 update (a small 32mb update after the 1.11 patch about a week ago) released over GoG Galaxy is responsible for the decline in performance in these two areas for whatever reason..

Can anyone that has the latest updates check their performance in Hierarch square in Novigrad and the main square in Oxenfurt where all the merchants are and the bards playing their music to see if anything is amiss?

As long as I've owned the game, I've always gotten a steady 60 FPS at max settings in those two areas, but now it has suddenly become much more jerkish with frame rate drops. My configuration is a 4930K at 4.5ghz, GTX 980 SLI, 1440p monitor and 16GB of DDR3 2133 on Windows 10 with the latest build..

I only started noticing the performance decrease after the very last update from GoG as of 11/21/2015..

The update was Galaxy related. Try turning off the Galaxy Overlay, or not using Galaxy at all while playing. (There's been a few different issues raised from that update.)

My fps in novigrad seems to have been reduced as well. I use to have a pretty solid 60fps ( no hairworks with shadows and foliage on high) and now i'm dipping into the 40's.

The update was Galaxy related. Try turning off the Galaxy Overlay, or not using Galaxy at all while playing. (There's been a few different issues raised from that update.)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Galaxy update. The Galaxy updates usually take place right after launching the Galaxy client. The 35MB update I got was definitely for the Witcher 3, because I could see the update taking place for the game.. At any rate, the problem occurs whether I have the Galaxy client running or not..

---------- Updated at 01:23 AM ----------

Is it in those same areas, ie Hierarch Square and Oxenfurt main square? I'm thinking it might have something to do with Umbra 3's occlusion culling. It seems like more is being rendered in those areas than before, which is causing a performance drop..

Last edited:
I’m experiencing this performance problem too, although I’m not sure it’s specific to those areas, I also noticed a lower framerate in the swamp for example. Could just be getting a lower performance overall. This seems to have started only very recently (sometime after the 1.11 patch).

I can’t be certain, but I think my GPU usage has gone down (it often used to sit at 99% but now hovers around 70-80%)

I tried deleting the d3d11.dll http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/59109-D3d11-dll-is-causing-worse-performance-in-1-10, which certainly improved the performance, but massively increased load times (whether I ‘manually’ load or ‘continue from last save’).

Specs:
AMD FX-8350
MSI 970 (overclocked)
8gb ram
Windows 10

Same thing here. Used to have 60+ fps in those areas, currently having framerate dips to 45 fps at times. I noticed that the game consumes more RAM than it used to.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 4790-3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
GTX 970 OC STRIX 4GB
Win 7

Top Bottom